Latest cap space

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Am I correct in thinking we’ve got about $24M in cap left after signing the draft class?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As Dieter says it's still too early to give an exact number. Both of the tracking sites are a bit over/under 30 million right now. But it changes with signings obviously and with more details of the contracts.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As Dieter says it's still too early to give an exact number. Both of the tracking sites are a bit over/under 30 million right now. But it changes with signings obviously and with more details of the contracts.
Absolutely.
Their could be a swing of 5-10 mill to the cap based on the details of Dotson and Jackson’s tender level alone

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Absolutely.
Their could be a swing of 5-10 mill to the cap based on the details of Dotson and Jackson’s tender level alone
As of this morning, both OTC and Spotrac reflect Dotson’s contract. Spotrac has not updated to reflect Shelton’s opt out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As of this morning, both OTC and Spotrac reflect Dotson’s contract. Spotrac has not updated to reflect Shelton’s opt out.
True and it looks like with that there are some other differences with the total cap on each site.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good point. Surely there will be a change to Noteboom in the next week as well, prior to that bonus pay out

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
OTC has us at 29 million after Dotson's contract. We drop from 12th most to 16th most. Still enough to sign Shelton and a couple decent defenders if they structure things to fit. 49ers are over the cap. And Aiyuk wants to be paid. I'm sure he'll be asking for top tier WR money. He's really the only guy who can run precise routes and get open consistently. They may be able to fanagle enough to pay him but it sure leaves their depth razor thin.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
OTC has us at 29 million after Dotson's contract. We drop from 12th most to 16th most. Still enough to sign Shelton and a couple decent defenders if they structure things to fit. 49ers are over the cap. And Aiyuk wants to be paid. I'm sure he'll be asking for top tier WR money. He's really the only guy who can run precise routes and get open consistently. They may be able to fanagle enough to pay him but it sure leaves their depth razor thin.
The thing to watch is obviously Noteboom, but then do they restructure one of the big three to open up $10M or so.

Won't have to do it until they need it, but guessing there is a good chance Stafford gets restructured if they decide to make a splash for a Hunter or Wilkins type of FA. Another reason to build a fortress around him so he wants to play 3 more yrs like an Aaron Rodgers.

dang

Legend
The thing to watch is obviously Noteboom, but then do they restructure one of the big three to open up $10M or so.

Won't have to do it until they need it, but guessing there is a good chance Stafford gets restructured if they decide to make a splash for a Hunter or Wilkins type of FA. Another reason to build a fortress around him so he wants to play 3 more yrs like an Aaron Rodgers.
Every chance I get regarding the OL: FEED THE BEAST!!! Road Grader OC or Stone Wall LT.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Spotrac finally updated to reflect Coleman Shelton's opt-out ... eight days after OTC's update.

Now both sites reflect the Dotson contract and the Shelton opt-out; and the range in available cap space is $35.3M (per Spotrac) compared to $29M (per OTC).

WestCoastRam

Legend
Have to feel that Noteboom not signing the contract restructure we put in front of him by now means he'll test the market.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to feel that Noteboom not signing the contract restructure we put in front of him by now means he'll test the market.
Assuming that they've offered anything. And if he refused a restructure they'd likely just waive him if they were adamant about him taking less money.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Assuming that they've offered anything. And if he refused a restructure they'd likely just waive him if they were adamant about him taking less money.
March 18th looms.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jordan reported an offer in Athletic, I believe.
Kind of. "She believes" isn't exactly a yeah this is what they're doing. Not saying it won't happen but so far there's no evidence to say it has actually happened.

After speaking with people who are familiar with reserve offensive lineman Joe Noteboom’s situation, I believe a heavy contract restructure that would keep Noteboom in Los Angeles in a sixth-man role is on the table.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kind of. "She believes" isn't exactly a yeah this is what they're doing. Not saying it won't happen but so far there's no evidence to say it has actually happened.
Jourdan making shit up again.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I am in the school of thinking that I hope the hell the Rams cut ties with Noteboom; as I have said before he is made out of glass and can't be counted on as a steady backup plan.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And if he refused a restructure they'd likely just waive him if they were adamant about him taking less money.
This is the way.
Why keep pushing the can down the road with this guy?
Waive him, take the hit and then see if he'll re-sign a cheap deal

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So currently using spotrac we're at $35.3 million in space. That's with Dotson but not Jackson's contract. If we use all 11 picks that's $12 million but they're replacing 11 vet minimums which is roughly $9 million so the rookies would eat up $3 million not accounted for now. so we're down to $32.3 million lets say for the sake of argument that Jackson is his aav cap hit year one, which rarely happens, so $17 million off that. We're now at $15.3 million roughly before any other signings or restructures.

Plenty of time and money to do more. Yes this is napkin math and I may have missed something or added wrong or carried a 3 in the wrong column but my counting on all 10 toes and fingers hasn't been too bad today.