Latest cap space

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Something big may be coming... I wonder if @El Chapo 3.0 nutz are tingling...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So Joe took an $8M paycut in exchange for $6M guaranteed.

Guessing he saw what happened to Shelton, and despite being a different position, the money is drying up, so he didn't have much choice. It was smart that his roster bonus didn't kick in until after FA opened. It gave the Rams leverage.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think they did it to pay for what they already have done and to give them some money in the bank for future additions via trade deadline etc...
Fair enough. Not sure what big difference makers are even available anymore, unless they did a sign and trade,so you're probably right

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It appears that the Rams made an adjustment to Aaron Donald's contract to open-up $9M of 2024 cap space.

NOT and extension. Per OTC, about $9M of 2024 salary was re-classified to Bonus.
Yesterday, Donald had a $34M cap hit in 2024. Per OTC, it is now $25M.
Spotrac ... at this moment ... has not updated.

Neither site has been fully updated; and Spotrac has been particularly slow.

As of now, neither site has the Williams, Parkinson or Curl contracts. And, like it or not, Noteboom is either going to be released before Monday, or will accept a re-worked deal. His impact on the 2024 cap will change.
Yeah, seems they can still designate him as a post June 1st release in 25' if he does retire and save some cap room. Still take a big dead cap hit, and now in 26' they take a 19M dead cap hit in his void yr.

1000003273.jpg

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think they did it to pay for what they already have done and to give them some money in the bank for future additions via trade deadline etc...
Feels like this is accurate.. as the Rams absolutely exceeded their available cap space with their signings.

I'm a big advocate for using all the tools you have.. so, I like this.

This has been a pretty extraordinary FA period for them.. If they open up that Stafford contract.. they could get Chase Young.. who, has his warts.. but is an absolute upgrade.

Do that.. and your only real NEED.. is a starting corner. Opens up the draft sooooo much.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, counting Williams, Parkinson and Curl at roughly the same percentage of salary allocated to this year as Jackson, then taking away the additional monies needed for draft picks, should leave us with somewhere near $6.5M under the cap. That is, of course, prior to any restructuring of Stafford, which is still on the table if the right opportunity (Sneed? Hassan?) comes along.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So, counting Williams, Parkinson and Curl at roughly the same percentage of salary allocated to this year as Jackson, then taking away the additional monies needed for draft picks, should leave us with somewhere near $6.5M under the cap. That is, of course, prior to any restructuring of Stafford, which is still on the table if the right opportunity (Sneed? Hassan?) comes along.
This seems accurate and reasonable.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm confused, but that might be because most people only talk about salary cap like its a singular year figure. But how does restructuring a retiring player make sense? Restructures are typically just converting salary to bonuses, so why do that and leave more dead cap in later years. Is it just because his salary this year specifically was large? Even still, wouldn't it be a better idea to restructure a different player to compensate?

muggmeister

Rookie
I'm confused, but that might be because most people only talk about salary cap like its a singular year figure. But how does restructuring a retiring player make sense? Restructures are typically just converting salary to bonuses, so why do that and leave more dead cap in later years. Is it just because his salary this year specifically was large? Even still, wouldn't it be a better idea to restructure a different player to compensate?
Who else are you gonna restructure after Boom already did? Kupp is already owed damn near $30m annualy for the next for the next 3 years and Stafford $50m per year for the same number of years. We're almost out of restructuring ideas unless Stafford adds an additional year, which might still happen. Other than that I don't see the contracts that can realistically be negotiated. We will need about $3m to add our draft picks (only the top 51 contracts count) so that may leave us around $5m to go into the season after the Curl and Jimmy G sig ings. I'm afraid our roster is close to set until the draft. Forgot about Big Rob, but again, big hits for the next 2 years and not sure if they want to increase the hit next year or add a other year. Hell maybe he turns into another Whit and plays some of his best football well into his thirties.