Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Not surprised, but this just bugs the crap why, oh why can't we get the QB position corrected? Is the "Kurt Warner Curse" going to haunt us forever, or is it Fisher getting back at us for the 2000 SB loss?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not surprised, but this just bugs the crap why, oh why can't we get the QB position corrected? Is the "Kurt Warner Curse" going to haunt us forever, or is it Fisher getting back at us for the 2000 SB loss?

The curse goes back well before Warner came along and rescued us for a few years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's his legs that might be the difference. The bootleg may be a thing again.
Andrew_scott_eargasm_love_this_tune_holy_hell_yeah.gif

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I feel bad for Foles really. He's a good dude and a great teammate.
But for whatever reason he's seems to have lost some confidence.

Looking forward to Case. He makes good throws and not 5 feet too high.

Only one guy, that caught a pass from Keenum in those two clips, will actually be available to catch another ball from Keenum this week. I hope the guys that the Rams didn't get rid of can catch the ball from Keenum... :rolleyes:

jjab360

Legend
Fisher just won back a little of my respect, he's not letting his stubbornness get in the way of what's best for the team.

Keenum has some talent, and tbh it has to be damn near impossible to be worse than Foles has been lately.

I think Tyrod Taylor this year has proven not to count a QB out just because he's been a career backup.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
If someone would have told me before the season that Foles would have a better QB rating than Peyton and Luck I would have been ecstatic. Not so much right now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I feel terrible for Nick but there had to be some accountability. Props to Fish for making the call, even if it took longer than it should have. Nick will now get back to work on his fundamentals and hopefully be ready if/when needed to get back under center.

My fear is that we'll see the same thing that happened with Foles this season or even last year with Davis, where Keenum will have a couple good games to get us excited followed by harsh reality. But hey, at this point I'll take any positive I can get.

One thing I have always liked about Case is the float on his deep throws, he puts a good arc on it that receivers can run under with ease. Almost looks like it slows down towards the end. Hope he studies hard and reads those safeties correctly for that reason. Feels good to have something to look forward to, even if I do have a sense of doom hovering over me like usual this time of year. Best of luck Case.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I bet JT still has a flip phone. Takes awhile to get a signal in Rams Park on 1x network.

He had a hard time getting his phone to work with his twitter account:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher just won back a little of my respect, he's not letting his stubbornness get in the way of what's best for the team.

Keenum has some talent, and tbh it has to be damn near impossible to be worse than Foles has been lately.

I think Tyrod Taylor this year has proven not to count a QB out just because he's been a career backup.
Great post man.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I called it when Fisher gave his support to Foles.

Think I said something along the lines of "Michael Corleone also told Fredo everything was fine and to get on the boat..."

Yep... Coach is consistent if nothing else. I hope it leads to lots of wins!!!

He also said Keenum isn't on a short leash so expect an entire 1-2 game run before we get to see Mannion?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's something to chew on....

Kellen Clemens 2013
142/242 (58.7%) for 1673 yards, 8td, 7Int, 78.8 rating. Team record 4-5

Nick Foles 2015
145/256 (56.6%) for 1678 yards, 7td, 6Int, 75.9 rating Team record 4-5

Yeah, methinks the "tape" says a switch is in order....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Is Foles more damaged than we have been told? He has taken quite a beating, maybe he was just trying to play through it? I'm still surprised he got up after that hit in the GB game, and he has had a few more that were damaging shots. Several of his passes yesterday had nothing on them even 15 yards down field, I was never a fan of getting him but I don't remember him being THAT bad.

Hopefully Keenum can get some excitement going and who knows what can happen down the stretch? Hags lost yesterday and I don't believe the cards can continue to win with their schedule. Stil have a game in StL and opportunities to put pressure on with our D.

Go Case Go Rams!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Only one guy, that caught a pass from Keenum in those two clips, will actually be available to catch another ball from Keenum this week. I hope the guys that the Rams didn't get rid of can catch the ball from Keenum... :rolleyes:

He'll be playing with Gurely, Austin and Quick.
If anything it's an upgrade. Now the OL....Who knows.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I don't care if he sucks ass, it needed to change. Not changing is surrender at this point. At least wreck a few teams and snuff any hope the Seahawks may have for god's sake!

I'm saying SWEEEEEP! :yess:

@CoachO ? Any thoughts on Keenum? He wasn't bad in TC as I recall.
I am shocked that Fisher made the move. Not that I don't think it needed to be made.

As far as Keenum..... He's gonna make his share of mistakes as well. He is in the same mold as Austin Davis. He's gonna force some throws into tight windows and I fear we may see more turnovers.

But what he will also provide is more mobility and a better idea of where to go with the ball. IMO the biggest negative with Foles was his holding onto the ball way too long. I lost count just in yesterday's game the number of sideline outs he tried to force across the hash marks. And every single one of them came out late.

And that's not even bringing up the horrible accuracy yesterday. How many throws to Quick and Welker were so far off target that they couldn't even get a hand on it? Keenum will be MUCH BETTER in that area as well.

I was encouraged yesterday they actually tried to incorporate some slants and dig routes from Quick. Just Foles confirmed my suspicions. He can't make those throws with any accuracy.

If they stick with those concepts Keenum will complete them more than not.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Quite frankly, I believed and believe that Austin Davis should have gotten more of a shot this year. First year starting and he was being graded as if he were an experienced veteran starter. Made no sense to me.
Austin Davis' issues aren't experience. They are physical. He just doesn't have an NFL caliber arm. He can't make the throws needed to be consistent.

I'm not missing the pick 6's from his game. Or the badly underthrown desperation throws downfield that were late.