Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but a good part of Foles contract is in roster bonus. If cut by March there is not a huge chunk owed.

March roster bonus is fully guaranteed

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but a good part of Foles contract is in roster bonus. If cut by March there is not a huge chunk owed.

6 million in roster bonus for the 2016 season. 3.75 million in dead money if we cut him, which leaves 5 mil saved.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They probably watched the tape and said.. Uhh.. WTF Foles.. ur sitting.

FRO

Legend
We'll see. One of them needs to fall to 3 for us to have a realistic chance to trade up without giving the farm. It might fall that way if the Lions pick first or second. They may decide to keep Stafford.
I'm willing to give up our first this year and both seconds, and a future first reluctantly. No RGIII type trades though.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I was hoping that we can squeeze in 3 to 4 wins with him going forward. I low nothing about Keemun
The only way Keenum could be worse than Foles is right now is if he literally dies on the field and Fisher puts some puppet strings on him and controls him from the sideline.

Foles was literally the worst QB in the league at everything. Keenum can't be worse, it's statistically impossible.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll see. There's no way you pull Keenum if the team strings together some wins.
True it's not like Fisher holds himself to his starting QB comments, we learned that last year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I feel bad for Foles really. He's a good dude and a great teammate.
But for whatever reason he's seems to have lost some confidence.

Looking forward to Case. He makes good throws and not 5 feet too high.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
That said. Keenum can actually move in the pocket. Has some gun slingerness to him. May actually use the middle of the freaking field and find both Welker and Quick wide open.

Not only that, he may actually throw the ball on time...which could also result in the receiver still being open when the ball arrives.

Limey

Rookie
In the "how good is Jay Cutler" piece that someone posted before the Bears game, I'm pretty sure that I saw that Keenum had the best accuracy in the league on long passes (57%?) a couple of seasons ago. Probably a small sample size, but still some grounds for optimism. We need someone who can make the defence think twice about stacking the box every play and leaving TG30 no space to work with. Whether he has time to throw a long pass is another question.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only way Keenum could be worse than Foles is right now is if he literally dies on the field and Fisher puts some puppet strings on him and controls him from the sideline.

Foles was literally the worst QB in the league at everything. Keenum can't be worse, it's statistically impossible.
I get what you're saying. It just sucks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OK so he's playing behind a patchwork OL so I hope he makes it through the game.

This has to end at some point..........right?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's his legs that might be the difference. The bootleg may be a thing again.