Hey Fisher, get a damn QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How in the hell is that doing it right? Seems to me you have a much lower threshold for them than you do the Rams.

Or they were at a different point in the process than the Rams. They have been rebuilding. The Rams rebuild should have been over last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everybody has to do their own thing and I hope they enjoy it. Watching the Jag's year after year not spend their salary cap dollars would drive me away from them honestly. Sure they have some good young players but their lack of effort year after year in actually spending for the product on the field would drive me away. And yes I realize they overpaid Malik Jackson and a few others but they still have $48 million in cap space. That's more than most of the NFL even began with.

It's a problem with the rookie wage scale. You're either forced to spend a ton of money on players you don't want in FA or hold onto your money if you have a bad team.

Remember the 2009/2010 Rams? How many veteran players on that team were worth paying? Steven Jackson? That's about it.

Where was all our money spent? On massive rookie contracts...Sam Bradford, Jason Smith, Chris Long, etc. That doesn't happen anymore.

So when you don't have the quality veterans to re-sign and spend your money on, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I couldn't just "switch" my support now even if I wanted. In fact, if I could I would have already done so and would have had some success to celebrate. No. The thing to do as a fan is embrace the suckage. Then when it all turns round, and one day it will for there is a time for everything under the sun on this earth, even the Rams dominating the league again, we"ll be able to say we few, we band of brothers were there at the hardest of times and stuck by our boys.

No QB? Screw the haters. Don't need a QB to get 7 wins a year. Go Rams.

It's not about switching support. I won't be able to switch the connection I have to the Rams. It's about preserving my ability to enjoy football.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
You and the rest of the NFL will care /notice if they Get Jack. Their defense will go from crab to good in second.

That's a big 'if', man. How do the Cowboys pass on Jack esp given Lee's consistency with injuries. Idk, Jack should be considered as #1 overall.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Get the brown paPer sacks ready JAG fans

image.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Or they were at a different point in the process than the Rams. They have been rebuilding. The Rams rebuild should have been over last year.
And at what point do you consider the JAGs rebuild starting? It's not like they were really good and had their run so it was time to rebuild. Wouldn't their rebuild have started at least 5 years ago? If not, you are ok with them sucking without the thought of rebuilding. At least our rebuild had some results.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It's a problem with the rookie wage scale. You're either forced to spend a ton of money on players you don't want in FA or hold onto your money if you have a bad team.

Remember the 2009/2010 Rams? How many veteran players on that team were worth paying? Steven Jackson? That's about it.

Where was all our money spent? On massive rookie contracts...Sam Bradford, Jason Smith, Chris Long, etc. That doesn't happen anymore.

So when you don't have the quality veterans to re-sign and spend your money on, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It's not about switching support. I won't be able to switch the connection I have to the Rams. It's about preserving my ability to enjoy football.

No one sad it was supposed to be easy. Someone's gotta win and someone's gotta lose. For me the journey is the enjoyable thing. Seeing the challenges on the team, how the staff addresses that or fail to - the human intelligence part. That's what intrigues me. Of course I want them to win more, but more than that I'm interested in how it is they think they can outsmart 31 other teams to get there. Maybe they can't. If so its still interesting!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And at what point do you consider the JAGs rebuild starting? It's not like they were really good and had their run so it was time to rebuild. Wouldn't their rebuild have started at least 5 years ago? If not, you are ok with them sucking without the thought of rebuilding. At least our rebuild had some results.

The Jags keep missing at QB.

Garrard was a decent QB but got hurt and that derailed his career.

Other than that they have drafted/acquired guys that just haven't worked out.

Byron "Ate a 30 pound sandwich" Leftwich and Gabbert and Henne have used up a lot of time as they hoped one of them worked out.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

Depends on what you require for a rebuild to "start"....
last postseason appearance? Jac 2007 Rams 2004
Ownership change? Jac prior 2012 season Rams during 2011 season
Coaching change? Jac 2013 Rams 2012

and what do you consider "Results".....neither team has had a winning record, neither team has seen the playoffs...yeah the rams have a few more wins, but nothing to show for them.

Not sure who is closer to breaking through....the rams have a good defense and seem to always play competitive FB, but for all the improvement in talent there is no change in record...Jac is a cellar dweller (like the rams of a few years ago) but seem to have found the biggest piece in QB and paired that with good WR, question is can they get the D good enough any time soon....going to be an interesting 2016 for both teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When they hired Bradley. And I consider the Rams rebuild starting when they hired Fisher.

Neither rebuild has had results. But the Jaguars are at least trying. If the Rams walk into next year without meaningfully addressing the QB position, they aren't trying imo.

No one sad it was supposed to be easy. Someone's gotta win and someone's gotta lose. For me the journey is the enjoyable thing. Seeing the challenges on the team, how the staff addresses that or fail to - the human intelligence part. That's what intrigues me. Of course I want them to win more, but more than that I'm interested in how it is they think they can outsmart 31 other teams to get there. Maybe they can't. If so its still interesting!

What's most interesting to me is the teambuilding aspect of it all. But when the staff loses me, they lose me. And I don't want to be the type to sit around, whine, and ruin everybody else's enjoyment.

Said every bandwagon fan ever.

Oh well. I've endured enough shit to be able to draw a line in the sand. The Rams will either put the car in drive and start moving forward or I'll get out and ride with someone else until there's a new driver. I'm not spending another year sitting in a car in neutral.

I don't care how other people perceive it. If the Rams, as a business, aren't delivering what they're supposed to be delivering, they're failing me as a customer.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't care how other people perceive it. If the Rams, as a business, aren't delivering what they're supposed to be delivering, they're failing me as a customer.

Failing you????
Lord please....

The Rams are an institution and we are supporters NOT Customers
This isn't some Liz Claiborne jacket that you're buying your sweetheart

Honestly -- none of us cares who you support but it's your arguments on this forum (a forum about the Rams) and I'm only suggesting it's your views that since the Rams are not delivering exactly what YOU want they are somehow failing which might be rubbing many of us the wrong way

Instead of having a mock draft i suggest you just post a thread titled "the Rams 12 Commandments according to Jrry" and make sure it's really succinct about what you demand so we all know why you split - but please mix in some JAG ultimatums too, as you can see that makes us Ram fans ohh so happy

Nobody is saying you have to be a homer, but nobody here wants to accept your authoritative POV that if the Rams don't pick who you want they don't want to put it in the proverbial "Drive."

I mean seriously - this forum is filled with DIE HARD RAM FANS - I know you don't care but some of us might get a little irked when told the JAGS are better - clearly you know that and yet you brought it up willfully

Do I want the Rams to win in 2016 - hell yes. Do I think the Rams are the best team in the league? HELL YES - but hey that's just me

With that said - I hope to God we draft a QB (Cook or Lymch at #15) and I hope you are able to stay a Ram fan and not get turned over to the JAGs - now that would be a waste of your talent

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Failing you????
Lord please....

The Rams are an institution and we are supporters NOT Customers
This isn't some Liz Claiborne jacket that you're buying your sweetheart

Yep. Failing me. The Rams are not an institution. They're a business. They provide entertainment. In return, they make money.

Honestly -- none of us cares who you support but it's your arguments on this forum (a forum about the Rams) and I'm only suggesting it's your views that since the Rams are not delivering exactly what YOU want they are somehow failing which might be rubbing many of us the wrong way

Correct. They're failing me if they aren't delivering what I want.

Instead of having a mock draft i suggest you just post a thread titled "the Rams 12 Commandments according to Jrry" and make sure it's really succinct about what you demand so we all know why you split - but please mix in some JAG ultimatums too, as you can see that makes us Ram fans ohh so happy

Nobody is saying you have to be a homer, but nobody here wants to accept your authoritative POV that if the Rams don't pick who you want they don't want to put it in the proverbial "Drive."

I mean seriously - this forum is filled with DIE HARD RAM FANS - I know you don't care but some of us might get a little irked when told the JAGS are better - clearly you know that and yet you brought it up willfully

Brought up what willfully? I never said the Jaguars are better. You're accusing me of saying something someone else must have said.

And what I demand is well known. A solution at QB. That's what I want. If they get it wrong, they get it wrong. But take one of the top QBs.(that isn't Hackenberg)

Do I want the Rams to win in 2016 - hell yes. Do I think the Rams are the best team in the league? HELL YES - but hey that's just me

With that said - I hope to God we draft a QB (Cook or Lymch at #15) and I hope you are able to stay a Ram fan and not get turned over to the JAGs - now that would be a waste of your talent

I hope so too. I'll enjoy football a lot more if I'm rooting for the Rams. But I made up my mind after the 2015 season that the Rams would either address the QB position or I couldn't support them as long as Fisher is here. It's a personal choice.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then why do you keep defending it?

Same reason why I defend my opinions on players. Explaining my reasoning behind it. For better or worse, my mind is already made.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When they hired Bradley. And I consider the Rams rebuild starting when they hired Fisher.

Neither rebuild has had results. But the Jaguars are at least trying. If the Rams walk into next year without meaningfully addressing the QB position, they aren't trying imo.
Neither has had results? Both took over 2 win teams. Thus far Bradley has posted at best a 5 win team. Fish at least brought his team to respectability his first year. Bradley? Not so much. But whatever. You have some whacked out idea of what trying to win means and I don't follow. You think because they took a QB that equates to them wanting to win even though they play in the shittiest division in football and suck out loud. Yet the Rams actually beat good teams and have a better record during whatever arbitrary rebuild timeframe you want to put on this argument and your take is they aren't trying to win. The sad part is that that actually makes sense in your mind. I'm guessing no one in the business would buy into your thought process. But hey - keep pushing that agenda. It works well for you.

So if they were really trying to win in your eyes, shouldn't they have taken your boy Teddy?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Jags keep missing at QB.

Garrard was a decent QB but got hurt and that derailed his career.

Other than that they have drafted/acquired guys that just haven't worked out.

Byron "Ate a 30 pound sandwich" Leftwich and Gabbert and Henne have used up a lot of time as they hoped one of them worked out.
Keep missing at QB you say? But by taking one they showed they cared about winning. Isn't it obvious?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Neither has had results? Both took over 2 win teams. Thus far Bradley has posted at best a 5 win team. Fish at least brought his team to respectability his first year. Bradley? Not so much. But whatever. You have some whacked out idea of what trying to win means and I don't follow. You think because they took a QB that equates to them wanting to win even though they play in the shittiest division in football and suck out loud. Yet the Rams actually beat good teams and have a better record during whatever arbitrary rebuild timeframe you want to put on this argument and your take is they aren't trying to win. The sad part is that that actually makes sense in your mind. I'm guessing no one in the business would buy into your thought process. But hey - keep pushing that agenda. It works well for you.

So if they were really trying to win in your eyes, shouldn't they have taken your boy Teddy?

No. That's not my thought process. You're making baseless assumptions.

What I think is that there is a presumption that every team is trying to win until they make moves that indicate otherwise. The Rams had horrendous QB play in 2015 (league worst). If they don't attempt to make a meaningful upgrade, yes, it says to me that they aren't serious about winning. Which is why I am still rooting for the Rams now. Because until this point, I thought they cared about winning. The Foles trade was a mistake. But it was still an attempt to get over the hump. But if they don't try and make a move this off-season to meaningfully address the QB position, well, I've already explained what that means to me a million times now.

And frankly, spending 4 years at 6-7 wins isn't respectable to me. That's a team stuck in neutral.

But as I said before, I'm not a huge fan of Bradley. This is his make or break year imo. Last year should have been Fisher's make or break year. Which is why I stand where I stand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course, the Rams could not make any substantive QB moves because they believe that Keenum is going to improve a bit - and the Rams were winning with him. They may believe that the project QB they took in the 2015 draft will be ready to become a starter at some point this season, and that the QBs they can get without a massive, risky trade, won't be ready to start as soon as Mannion. They might not do what you want, based on information they have that you don't.

Or they could just be wrong, of course. Wouldn't be the first time. But never believe that Fisher and Snead aren't trying to win. They are, even if it's not the way you would do it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course, the Rams could not make any substantive QB moves because they believe that Keenum is going to improve a bit - and the Rams were winning with him. They may believe that the project QB they took in the 2015 draft will be ready to become a starter at some point this season, and that the QBs they can get without a massive, risky trade, won't be ready to start as soon as Mannion. They might not do what you want, based on information they have that you don't.

Or they could just be wrong, of course. Wouldn't be the first time. But never believe that Fisher and Snead aren't trying to win. They are, even if it's not the way you would do it.

That's their choice. I've made mine. They can believe Keenum will improve. I don't. They can stick with him because they think they can win with him. I don't. They can pass on QBs because they believe Mannion is the next big thing. I don't.

The Rams sticking with the same three QBs they had last year when they had the worst QB play in the NFL does not work for me. It would be a different story if one of the QBs were a talented first round rookie. But none are. They're sticking with a journeyman that provided mediocre play, a former starter that provided poor play, and a 3rd round rookie that couldn't get on the field. Some of you may have high hopes for Mannion but I don't.

The Rams keeping Fisher was a tough pill to swallow. But I'm willing to stick by the team if Fisher will make a change. If he'll take a risk and try to adapt to today's NFL. That means trying to build a passing game. And the most important piece of a functional passing game is a QB. If Fisher isn't willing to take the risk and draft a talented QB (or trade for one), I won't stick by him. And I can't root for the Rams if I don't believe in the coach or the team. So it's better for me to take a step back until there's a coach and team that I can believe in.