Hey Fisher, get a damn QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm with you 100%, but I'll still watch. I will just go into every game expecting a loss, and my emotional investment in the Rams will be at an all time low. I also love the Jaguars...watching them last year was a lot of fun.

Come on!
The Jags were 5-11 and you're cool with that just cause they have Bortles and are "fun" to watch? So a 5-11 team is where your gonna throw your support? You "LOVE" the Jags???
Hilarity

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm with you 100%, but I'll still watch. I will just go into every game expecting a loss, and my emotional investment in the Rams will be at an all time low. I also love the Jaguars...watching them last year was a lot of fun.
Maybe the two of you can launch Jags on Demand...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Come on!
The Jags were 5-11 and you're cool with that just cause they have Bortles and are "fun" to watch? So a 5-11 team is where your gonna throw your support? You "LOVE" the Jags???
Hilarity

If record was the sole resson for being a fan of a team, I certainly would'not be a Ram fanatic...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
@Mikey Ram
"If record was the sole resson for being a fan of a team, I certainly would'not be a Ram fanatic..."

Sure - the record is not the reason I am a lifetime fan of the Rams either

But I'm responding specifically to this strange argument coming from Frantik & Jrry stating that if Rams don't have a QB of their liking (Goff, Wentz, or Lynch) in a draft that hasn't even happened yet they are going to start rooting for Jags just cause they have Bortles.... and moreover this argument that if the Rams front office doesn't draft a specific QB in the upcoming draft that means the Rams aren't serious about winning

But that makes ZERO sense
The Jags have a 5-11 record with Bortles - so does that mean they are winning with Bortles anyway? I don't understand the logic. I could argue that the Jags don't want to win cause they drafted Bortles. To say a losing team like the Jags is fun to watch at 5-11, i personally find hilarious.

Ram Man

Rookie
Frankly, I'm not sweating it anymore. The Rams will either get a QB or I'll go ahead and root for the Jaguars until Fisher is gone. I love Bortles and the Jaguars have worked hard to build a competitive team this off-season.

I don't care how that affects my "true fan" status. The Rams are either serious about winning or they aren't. I'm not going to spend my time and energy rooting for a team that isn't serious about winning.

Can you clarify what you mean by "get a QB?" I assume you mean drafting Goff, Wentz or Lynch and if they don't you are done as a Rams fan until Fisher is no longer with the Rams.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Julius Thomas, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, TJ Yeldon, Denard Robinson, Mercedes Lewis are a few that came to mind. My bad, 5-11 record was all on LT Joeckel's poor play and that lack of a competent defense.

Shame on you Gus Bradley!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Come on!
Hilarity

Yea, I didn't mean literally love. Not like I love the Rams. But they were a lot more fun to watch last year than the Rams were.

By "throw" my support, I mean as a 2nd team. The Rams will always be my number 1...but I love football and the NFL in general...having other rooting interests helps me to cope with what we've had to deal with for the past 12 years or so.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Mikey Ram
"If record was the sole resson for being a fan of a team, I certainly would'not be a Ram fanatic..."

Sure - the record is not the reason I am a lifetime fan of the Rams either

But I'm responding specifically to this strange argument coming from Frantik & Jrry stating that if Rams don't have a QB of their liking (Goff, Wentz, or Lynch) in a draft that hasn't even happened yet they are going to start rooting for Jags just cause they have Bortles.... and moreover this argument that if the Rams front office doesn't draft a specific QB in the upcoming draft that means the Rams aren't serious about winning

But that makes ZERO sense
The Jags have a 5-11 record with Bortles - so does that mean they are winning with Bortles anyway? I don't understand the logic. I could argue that the Jags don't want to win cause they drafted Bortles. To say a losing team like the Jags is fun to watch at 5-11, i personally find hilarious.

1. I didn't mean I would stop supporting the Rams, just that I would enjoy rooting for another team as well.

2. I despise bandwagon fans, so if ever I was going to actually fully jump ship, it would be to a worse team (record-wise), not a better one. It's not about winning - it's about putting forth your best effort to win. If we go into the season with the same QBs that are on the roster now, I will be predicting a 7-9 season, but expecting 0-16 so I can take some joy from getting 7 wins....again.

3. The Jaguars and Raiders are two teams that come to mind that have now passed us. Maybe not record wise, but talent wise, they are better football teams than the Rams. Primarily because of who they have under center.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
People root for a second team??????:confused::puke::boxing:o_O

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would offer them 15 overall, and both round 2 picks IF Goff is there at 4. Get my QB at last then load a WR in round 3, and TE Williams in round 4. Rounds 6 & 7 snap up the best defensive players who are still on the board, and maybe a kicker (Fairbairn) if he's still on the board.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I think the problem with that is if Mannion wasn't ready, then he wasn't ready. So all you've learned is that Sean Circa 2015 was not a good enough quarterback. But since they drafted the guy as a project that doesn't really change anything now does it? They weren't expecting him to be ready, so if they had of put him in and he wasn't ready... well, nothing really learned, right? Sort of like putting in a high-schooler and then saying "well that didn't work". I exaggerate of course, but if they knew he wasn't going to do well against NFL players, then putting him in there for 4-5 games would do nothing but crush his confidence. They knew it wasn't going to work.

I've always wondered what their timetable was for him. This is assuming they drafted him because they thought he could be a starter, and not because they caved to media pressure and drafted a guy they didn't want just because the media said they had to draft a QB, and they never thought he was going to be anything. Which of course would have been a complete waste of a third round pick. So since I don't want to assume that, I'm going to stay positive and think that they had a timetable for him. We all knew it wasn't going to be last year, so again, I'm not sure what playing him would have shown. But is it this year? Perhaps not as a Day 1 starter, but maybe they're thinking that by Week 6 Mannion will be ready? That they just need Keenum to hold the fort for a few weeks, to give Mannion that little bit of extra time? Or is it Week 10? Or next year?

If we knew what their timetable for Mannion is, we'd have a much better idea of what they are planning on doing for the rest of this off-season.

I think Fisher didn't play him because his job might have been in jeopardy had we finished 4-12.As far as Mannion losing confidence i don't buy that.He spent 4 years in a pro style offense in college starting over 40 games.He then had all OTAs,preseason and 11 regular season games.So imho he could've started but Fisher wanted to get 500 at least.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Still don't get why this is such a big deal.

We've had this discussion at ROD before. People can root for any NFL team they want and don't need anyone's permission to do so. When the Rams aren't playing, I root for the underdog or anyone playing the Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks, and Cardinals. But I don't follow those teams or have any emotional investment in their players.

I've been a Rams fanatic since I was a boy and can't change teams now just because they've been in the doldrums for many years or aren't doing what I think they should be doing. Here in Maryland it's the Skins, Steelers, and Ravens on TV and radio every Sunday. But they don't interest me enough to watch them instead of the Rams.

Doesn't make me a better Rams fan than anyone else. It's just that we all have different experiences and view points on this topic.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And frankly, I don't want to be that bitter fan that is here all year complaining about everything, crapping all over the team, and trying to make everyone else miserable because I'm angry at the Rams. I'd like to enjoy watching football and feel optimistic about the team I'm rooting for. With Case Keenum at QB, that will be impossible.
This part I can appreciate. Where I differ is that I don't feel the need to crap all over the team or feel bitter because my team hasn't done specifically what I think needs to be done. I realize there are a great many teams that haven't sniffed a SB in many years - including the JAGs - and though I may bitch from time to time, the Rams are my team, have always been my team, and never won't be my team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just don't get this logic. Watching a team that was 5-11 in beyond any shadow of a doubt the worst division in football is "a lot of fun" yet watching a team that went 7-9 and 4-2 inside what is arguably the toughest division in the NFL isn't? The JAGs (get it?) won all but one of their games by 6 points or less - three of them by 3 points or less - and lost to crap teams like the Titans and phillies and were blown out by the Texans. They barely played any playoff teams let alone sniff at a victory over any of them and THAT team is fun to watch?

If record was the sole resson for being a fan of a team, I certainly would'not be a Ram fanatic...
No. You'd be a JAG fan. o_O WTF? I'm in the same boat as you. If it was all about record, who would still be Rams fans? It's not like we also didn't endure some pretty rough stretches in the past and it's not like QB woes is something new for us.

Yea, I didn't mean literally love. Not like I love the Rams. But they were a lot more fun to watch last year than the Rams were.

By "throw" my support, I mean as a 2nd team. The Rams will always be my number 1...but I love football and the NFL in general...having other rooting interests helps me to cope with what we've had to deal with for the past 12 years or so.
I could care less about the second team thing. That's cool. Doesn't bother me a bit. It is the bolded part that I simply can't wrap my mind around. The JAGs looked like a bad college team at times. I liked Bortles coming out of college. I liked him WAY better than the midget playing for the Viqueens BTW. So I tried watching some of their games when I saw that they were on or was at home where I have the ticket. But if you actually like the JAGs, watching that steaming pile of crap they put on the field in most games would have to be frustrating as hell. But I guess watching them the season before when they won 3 games or the season before that when they won 4 games, or the season before that when they won 2......... And the idea that they are a more talented team than the Rams right now is based on what exactly? That they have consistently picked in the top 5 so they must be?

That grass must really be green on the other side of the particular fence you are peering over.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I just don't get this logic. Watching a team that was 5-11 in beyond any shadow of a doubt the worst division in football is "a lot of fun" yet watching a team that went 7-9 and 4-2 inside what is arguably the toughest division in the NFL isn't? The JAGs (get it?) won all but one of their games by 6 points or less - three of them by 3 points or less - and lost to crap teams like the Titans and phillies and were blown out by the Texans. They barely played any playoff teams let alone sniff at a victory over any of them and THAT team is fun to watch?

No. You'd be a JAG fan. o_O WTF? I'm in the same boat as you. If it was all about record, who would still be Rams fans? It's not like we also didn't endure some pretty rough stretches in the past and it's not like QB woes is something new for us.

I could care less about the second team thing. That's cool. Doesn't bother me a bit. It is the bolded part that I simply can't wrap my mind around. The JAGs looked like a bad college team at times. I liked Bortles coming out of college. I liked him WAY better than the midget playing for the Viqueens BTW. So I tried watching some of their games when I saw that they were on or was at home where I have the ticket. But if you actually like the JAGs, watching that steaming pile of crap they put on the field in most games would have to be frustrating as hell. But I guess watching them the season before when they won 3 games or the season before that when they won 4 games, or the season before that when they won 2......... And the idea that they are a more talented team than the Rams right now is based on what exactly? That they have consistently picked in the top 5 so they must be?

That grass must really be green on the other side of the particular fence you are peering over.
I love you, Stu!