Hey Fisher, get a damn QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's their choice. I've made mine. They can believe Keenum will improve. I don't. They can stick with him because they think they can win with him. I don't. They can pass on QBs because they believe Mannion is the next big thing. I don't.
So it's not about the Rams being serious about winning (which they are), it's about the Rams not being aligned with your blueprint for seriousness. Sorry man, but that's petulance. And for what it's worth, only Pete Carrol shows more elation when his team wins. Fisher cares about winning; and for you to suggest otherwise is kind of silly.

And what are you going to do if the Rams don't pick up a QB and end up getting into the playoffs anyway? Jump back on the bandwagon, or continue to root for another team? I know you don't care how this is perceived, but your fandom is gonna ring a little hollow if you get on board with Fisher during a playoff run now that you've put this all out there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So it's not about the Rams being serious about winning (which they are), it's about the Rams not being aligned with your blueprint for seriousness. Sorry man, but that's petulance.

Oh well. I've drawn my line in the dirt. I don't consider them to be serious about winning if they decide to move forward with the QBs we have. It's that simple. You can interpret it however you will.

And what are you going to do if the Rams don't pick up a QB and end up getting into the playoffs anyway?

Be happy for y'all and continue rooting for the Jaguars. I'm a man of my word. If I go, I won't be coming back until there's a new sheriff in town.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Wow @jrry32 I would have never thought of you as that type of fan. I've always enjoyed your posts and insight on Rams football. But with all due respect, you're acting like a spoiled brat who cries and whines when they don't get their way.

I've got to say I've lost a lot of respect for you as a fan which is a shame. Whether we have a sucky or a hall of fame coach you won't see this diehard rooting for any other team.

Hope you enjoy your Jaguars though.

KMzYj.gif

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow @jrry32 I would have never thought of you as that type of fan. I've always enjoyed your posts and insight on Rams football. But with all due respect, you're acting like a spoiled brat who cries and whines when they don't get their way.

I've got to say I've lost a lot of respect for you as a fan which is a shame. Whether we have a sucky or a hall of fame coach you won't see this diehard rooting for any other team.

Hope you enjoy your Jaguars though.

KMzYj.gif

Why? The Rams aren't your family. They aren't a charity. They're a business. They're making a profit off of us. Why do you feel that you have to support the team no matter what they did? What happens if they acted like the Marlins and purged the team of the best players to cut costs? Would you still support them? What happens if they signed a bunch of players charged with rape? Would you still support the team? Is there nothing that would make you refuse to support the Rams?

There's a limit for me. If the Rams aren't going to deliver what I want as a customer, I'm not going to support the team.

P.S. Using "with all due respect" doesn't make it acceptable to toss around insults.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What happens if they acted like the Marlins and purged the team of the best players to cut costs? Would you still support them?
Yes.

They did that once and won the series against a Yankees team whose shortstop made more than the entire Marlins lineup.

I was there.

You see the Rams as a business who are there for your entertainment. For a great many others, the Rams are woven into the fabric of their lives. They have real memories of going to (or watching) games with family and friends, and sharing experiences, so there's also a deep rooted nostalgia associated with the team. So your dismissive attitude about their importance is nothing short of a joke. They're something bigger than your idea of entertainment. They're Norm Van Brocklin, Tom Fears, Roman Gabriel, Jack Youngblood, Deacon Jones, Vince Ferragamo, Nolan Cromwell, Flipper Anderson, Eric Dickerson, Isaac Bruce, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, and even Sam Bradford. They're memories, they're stories, they're life experiences, and they're important.

Like Robin Williams told Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting, "You're just a kid. You don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about." Because you are, and you don't. You're very smart, but you're not ready to rub elbows with some of the fans on this board who paid their dues in the 50s and 60s and 70s. And quite frankly, I think you owe some of us an apology.

Enjoy your Jaguars, Jrry. We'll be here at season's end talking about our "source of entertainment" and all of the good and bad times we shared along the way. Because that's what loyalty means, and that's what dedicated fans and friends happily endure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes.

They did that once and won the series against a Yankees team whose shortstop made more than the entire Marlins lineup.

I was there.

You see the Rams as a business who are there for your entertainment. For a great many others, the Rams are woven into the fabric of their lives. They have real memories of going to (or watching) games with family and friends, and sharing experiences, so there's also a deep rooted nostalgia associated with the team. So your dismissive attitude about their importance is nothing short of a joke. They're something bigger than your idea of entertainment. They're Norm Van Brocklin, Tom Fears, Roman Gabriel, Jack Youngblood, Deacon Jones, Vince Ferragamo, Nolan Cromwell, Flipper Anderson, Eric Dickerson, Isaac Bruce, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, and even Sam Bradford. They're memories, they're stories, they're life experiences, and they're important.

Like Robin Williams told Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting, "You're just a kid. You don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about." Because you are, and you don't. You're very smart, but you're not ready to rub elbows with some of the fans on this board who paid their dues in the 50s and 60s and 70s. And quite frankly, I think you owe some of us an apology.

Enjoy your Jaguars, Jrry. We'll be here at season's end talking about our "source of entertainment" and all of the good and bad times we shared along the way. Because that's what loyalty means, and that's what dedicated fans and friends happily endure.

amen. X man, you are truly a wordsmith.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How disappointing jerry....If it was all about business and my definition of being a "fan" was only about wins and about whether the front office did what I wanted them to do, there are many points where I could have jumped on a different bandwagon cause it seemed more fun...Even in this prolonged losing streak we have been on, I enjoy focusing on individual play of guys like Donald and Gurley.....Before them, I watched Chris Long and Steven Jackson.....There are moves that I wanted them to do like picking Suh over Bradford (it went bad either way).
Now, I want them to go all in on a QB (Wentz or Goff) IF they are agreed with scouts, player personell, Snead, and Fisher....If not, go BPA at #15.

But if they don't do what I want them to do, am I gonna switch teams? My God, if thats all it means to you, :gtfo: and take a friend.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
But wait, who's going to be the self appointed, smartest guy in the room if Jrry leaves? *(light) blue font*

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Why? The Rams aren't your family. They aren't a charity. They're a business. They're making a profit off of us. Why do you feel that you have to support the team no matter what they did? What happens if they acted like the Marlins and purged the team of the best players to cut costs? Would you still support them? What happens if they signed a bunch of players charged with rape? Would you still support the team? Is there nothing that would make you refuse to support the Rams?

You see that's what you don't get. I grew up watching the Rams. I have an emotional connection to them. So yeah, I do consider them a part of my life. Win or lose I enjoy watching them play.

I have no control over the team. Does that mean I'm gonna bail on them just because I don't agree with some of the moves they make? No.

P.S. Using "with all due respect" doesn't make it acceptable to toss around insults.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It wasn't an insult. It was an analogy. I thought you were better than that but I guess I was wrong.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lolz. I tried to quit on my Rams for the first time in 35+ years of fandom after witnessing that debacle in Baltimore last season. Couldn't do it. As @-X- stated, the Rams are ingrained in some of us for better or worse. We ride the highs and suffer the lows but ALWAYS come back. I couldn't stop rooting for the Rams if I had to honestly. Its kinda like a sickness, haha.....

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Yes.

I was there.

Wow, that is one of the most "holier-than-thou", conceding, arrogant statements ever on this board....

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I don't see the point of beating on this. You can't make logical arguments about something illogical like fandom, or offer your own values to prove someone else's values are wrong. Someone's choice is what it is and that's that. I look around and I don't see better or worse fans, I just see different fans. Except 49er fans suck and are the worst, let's all just at least agree on that and move on?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
We are in LA now, so fair weather fans come with territory right?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see the point of beating on this. You can't make logical arguments about something illogical like fandom, or offer your own values to prove someone else's values are wrong. Someone's choice is what it is and that's that. I look around and I don't see better or worse fans, I just see different fans. Except 49er fans suck and are the worst, let's all just at least agree on that and move on?

Sorry. Patriots fans who aren't from the Boston area are the worst.

Although fans of any of the SF area sports teams are close behind. Just because.