GRob traded to Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What I find interesting is on June 5th Alden Gonzalez reported Whitworth was making it his mission to help GRob

Per ESPN.com’s Alden Gonzalez, Whitworth has made it a mission of his to help Robinson however he can, employing “positive reinforcement” and talking through schemes, walking through technique and always being available.

I wonder if after 10 days Whitworth said this kid hopeless and has not interest in learning or getting better. In the same article they reference Jamon Brown stating that Whitworth has been an open book and showing him (Brown) how to be a pro. It also talks about Whitworth being a sounding board for McVay.

Yeah, Boston I remember reading that.

As to Whit trying to offer help to GRob? Maybe it was like trying to push a string? Lol.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If the young WRs step up, could there be a fire sale for Austin? I assume his contract would prevent that, but teams can get creative with the cap. I wonder if the Pats would have interest in him? Scary to think what he could do there or a team like Atlanta if the Rams were to pull the plug on him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would factor in for the Lions as a comp pick not us but he'd have to sign for a decent contract with somebody else. IIRC only the top 32 free agents are awarded comp picks to their former teams.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
McVay wants smart football players, who love the game and put the team before themselves.

GRob was always going to have to change to fit in. Better moving on now than after a drive killing false start.

As much as I hate the Patriots and 2001, they win for a reason. The McVay Rams are looking at the same type of players as the Pats target. McVay would never have let a player like Amendola leave.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If the young WRs step up, could there be a fire sale for Austin? I assume his contract would prevent that, but teams can get creative with the cap. I wonder if the Pats would have interest in him? Scary to think what he could do there or a team like Atlanta if the Rams were to pull the plug on him.

I think there might be one now. The way they seem to be operating if it made cap sense they would probably release him. I think the contract alone makes him impossible to trade. I would be curious to see if they have approached him about reworking his deal? and before anyone says he has only served one year of the deal, there are plenty of players who have reworked deals after 1 year. Guarenteed money stays, just spread the money out.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Zach Martin & the Bills 2016 #1 pick.
I was begging for that.

images

tempests

Hall of Fame
We don't know how much Fisher may have pushed for GRob. Fisher wanted athletic freaks. He thinks anyone can be coached

I think that more describes Boudreau. He interviewed GRob/Jake Matthews at the combine and also attended their Pro Days.

I don't really believe Fisher made a habit of ramrodding the Rams carefully constructed draft board. If there was table pounding from the coaches end it was probably from our OL coach.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Just read this.
So to summarize the Rams got a 6th and saved 3 + mil
The Lions got GRob, 3 more penalties and 4 more QB hits a game

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
thank the good lord baby Jesus for Aaron Donald.. we literally coulda picked anyone else with that #2 pick :ROFLMAO::palm:

Mack/Donald
OBJ/Donald

sigh..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm dumbfounded, but glad. I wonder if this deal was decided on the day that GRob didn't play with either the 1st or 2nd teams? It's clear he busted here for us,and so it is best to move on from him. The other day I was saying we should just cut his @ss, instead of displacing anyone else in the rotation. Therefore, I am happy about the 6th, because WE ARE GETTING THE NEXT TOM BRADY with that pick!:rockon:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No...this won't work, when we want to torture ourselves with what could have been....lol