"Five times worse than ray rice"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't see how the NFL is f'd if Dez Bryant decided to be an idiot. There's a lot of things you can blame the NFL for but they can't stop players from doing stupid or criminal things.

Agreed. Individual actions cannot be prevented, only punished. Even if this turned out to be true, the NFL would be fine. It would eventually blow over like the Ray Rice story after the initial explosion of media negativity.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released

Dez Bryant's horrific 'Ray Rice-style' video set to be released today, career in jeopardy [Report]
Kevin O'Brien, Digital Editor at Sun Times Network

UPDATE: Screenshots of the video have been sent to media outlets
Dez Bryant’s entire NFL career could be in jeopardy if the video he allegedly appears in is as bad as it sounds.

The clip of Bryant doing something ‘Ray Rice-worthy’ that has reportedly stalled his contract negations with the Dallas Cowboys, is set for an imminent release.

That’s according to Terez Owens, who are claiming that a “source” has informed them the “incriminating video of Dallas Cowboys superstar receiver Dez Bryant is being released today or tomorrow.”

They say the video is so bad it’s “five times worse than the Ray Rice video and that his “football career is in jeopardy.”

The Cowboys continue to claim that no such video exists but if the rumors are true and the video gets released to the public, it could have a seismic impact on the NFL.

Per Terez Owens:

According to our source, the Cowboys haven’t done a huge deal with Dez because of concern over the video. Unfortunately Bryant’s team won’t be able to stop the tape from getting out to the public.

Of course Cowboys COO Stephen Jones denies knowledge of such a video. This is going to be a game changer for the Cowboys future.

From Larry Brown Sports:

While we have no idea if the footage actually exists or is a complete fabrication, we do know that a report from several months ago indicated that the Cowboys are concerned about Bryant’s off-field behavior.

The team also had special rules they required him to follow off the field as of last year.

Although nothing has been confirmed as of yet, some dark clouds are forming in the distance that indicate another domestic abuse storm headed to the NFL.

This one could blow the rest of them out of the water.​

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released

Dez Bryant's horrific 'Ray Rice-style' video set to be released today, career in jeopardy [Report]
Kevin O'Brien, Digital Editor at Sun Times Network

UPDATE: Screenshots of the video have been sent to media outlets
Dez Bryant’s entire NFL career could be in jeopardy if the video he allegedly appears in is as bad as it sounds.

The clip of Bryant doing something ‘Ray Rice-worthy’ that has reportedly stalled his contract negations with the Dallas Cowboys, is set for an imminent release.

That’s according to Terez Owens, who are claiming that a “source” has informed them the “incriminating video of Dallas Cowboys superstar receiver Dez Bryant is being released today or tomorrow.”

They say the video is so bad it’s “five times worse than the Ray Rice video and that his “football career is in jeopardy.”

The Cowboys continue to claim that no such video exists but if the rumors are true and the video gets released to the public, it could have a seismic impact on the NFL.

Per Terez Owens:

According to our source, the Cowboys haven’t done a huge deal with Dez because of concern over the video. Unfortunately Bryant’s team won’t be able to stop the tape from getting out to the public.

Of course Cowboys COO Stephen Jones denies knowledge of such a video. This is going to be a game changer for the Cowboys future.

From Larry Brown Sports:

While we have no idea if the footage actually exists or is a complete fabrication, we do know that a report from several months ago indicated that the Cowboys are concerned about Bryant’s off-field behavior.

The team also had special rules they required him to follow off the field as of last year.

Although nothing has been confirmed as of yet, some dark clouds are forming in the distance that indicate another domestic abuse storm headed to the NFL.

This one could blow the rest of them out of the water.​

Now I'm starting to really believe it. They wouldn't say that the video would be released today if it wasn't... I think I'm going to be sick. Not because of the NFL, but because it means that some poor woman was badly hurt.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agreed. Individual actions cannot be prevented, only punished. Even if this turned out to be true, the NFL would be fine. It would eventually blow over like the Ray Rice story after the initial explosion of media negativity.
This is just another way that the media pushes a narrative that is not really connected to reality.
In the "NFL Criminal" thread I and other have posted numbers related to the arrest rate for NFL players related to society at large. Not surprisingly they are less than society as a whole....across the board, regardless of crime. The drumbeat of "the NFL/whatever pro league is full of thugs and scumbag criminals" just does not stand up to reality. But, it sure makes for easy press.
Another one is baseball is dying. Such nonsense. Makes me crazy, the numbers are easy to find. For whatever reason certain stories grab ahold and just get reported and repeated from one angle, it does not matter how true or untrue that angle is.
We will find out soon enough if this is true or not.
I can only hope and pray that this does not lead to more pointless, lame, embarrassingly bad public service announcements with jocks and actors pretending to be upset and cry. So disingenuous. Grow up society.

jjab360

Legend
Is this really what our society has been reduced to?

And no, I'm not talking about whatever Bryant did. Let's face it, scumbags have been around since the beginning of time. I'm talking about the sensationalism and excitement over the video of whatever Bryant did. Just sad really...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'll wait until the video surfaces...but if it's true, then I definitely want him kicked out of the league. Domestic violence and battering spouses is horrible, and if this is worse than the Rice video (which made me physically ill)...then Goodhell better do the right thing.

Is GoodHELL even capable of doing the right thing? :whistle:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Is GoodHELL even capable of doing the right thing? :whistle:

You know, the sad thing is that I don't think that he is capable of doing the right thing. I hope he does. I really hope he does, but there's nothing in his history to show that he will.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is this really what our society has been reduced to?

And no, I'm not talking about whatever Bryant did. Let's face it, scumbags have been around since the beginning of time. I'm talking about the sensationalism and excitement over the video of whatever Bryant did. Just sad really...
Glad someone else feels like this. IF he has done something horrific to a woman, which is being so eloquently suggested with the 'Ray Rice Worthy' tag lines, it is pretty sick the way it has been hyped up like it is Mayweather v Pacquiao.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Last week while listening to Cowherd he was discussing Dez Bryant and if he was worth the franchise tag and he said that an NFL exec or someone like that(can't remember exactly), told him that Bryant has done a lot of stuff off the field that the Cowboys Org has swept under the table and if it all came to light he would be screwed big time.

This was before the tape story came out I believe. Just passing it along.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Last week while listening to Cowherd he was discussing Dez Bryant and if he was worth the franchise tag and he said that an NFL exec or someone like that(can't remember exactly), told him that Bryant has done a lot of stuff off the field that the Cowboys Org has swept under the table and if it all came to light he would be screwed big time.

This was before the tape story came out I believe. Just passing it along.

If this is true and the incident really is worse than Rice's, then Dallas will be in trouble too.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul

Apparently, someone has video of Dez Bryant beating up a woman or something along those lines and instead of taking it to the police, would prefer to sell it to the highest bidder. That kind of makes me sick.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

Apparently, someone has video of Dez Bryant beating up a woman or something along those lines and instead of taking it to the police, would prefer to sell it to the highest bidder. That kind of makes me sick.

That's what sickens me (the tweet). Anything for a goddamn buck. We'll hold onto the evidence until someone gives us a handsome reward. At this point whichever mystical outside source is really no better than Bryant (allegedly). Profiteering off of someone's misery, it's the American way.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
What the hell does five times worse mean?
I'm not trying to be funny but Dez Bryant knocking out all five of his fiances in an elevator is all I can think about when I see 5x worse than Ray Rice.

I might be a terrible person but that was my attempt to show it was bad wording.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess this could be a speed bump in the Adrian Peterson to Dallas roadway huh?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't see how the NFL is f'd if Dez Bryant decided to be an idiot. There's a lot of things you can blame the NFL for but they can't stop players from doing stupid or criminal things.
I think people are just tired of all the bad press related to the NFL, whether it's players breaking laws, the patriots cheating, or Goodhell being unfair. People turn to sports to break away from the day-to-day drudgery of our modern society. But more and more sports do not offer a real alternate to this drudgery. Hence, I think more and more will turn away, and therefore the NFL will lose fanbase.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If there is a God in heaven, these folks are going to hell.

Disgusting.