"Five times worse than ray rice"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
And who is the reason why there's so much bad press?
That falls on the shoulders of many different people. But somehow I am not sure the public cares 'who' anymore. I think they just see a clusterfuge and are losing interest.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
So anything yet? No crazy video?
My staff came up with this. Maybe they didn't understand the question…

monkey-washing-a-cat.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That falls on the shoulders of many different people. But somehow I am not sure the public cares 'who' anymore. I think they just see a clusterfuge and are losing interest.

Well, it falls on the shoulders of the press. They choose to report the negative things and generally ignore the positive things.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So Stan Kroenke is behind this, eh? :sneaky:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-comes-from-a-wal-mart-surveillance-camera/

Bryant video, if it exists, comes from a Wal-Mart surveillance camera
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2015

The best-kept secret among NFL media members no longer is, and the rumors regarding a Dez Bryant video that may or may not exist have finally come to light.

That rumor has spawned plenty of other rumors regarding the video, including unsubstantiated rumors regarding the dissemination of screen shots to media companies that may purchase the video and rumors that the video was shot on a cell phone.

In the interests of clarity regarding a still-unclear situation, the rumor as it has existed for several months is that the incident (if there was one) happened in the parking lot of a Dallas-area Wal-Mart, and that the footage (if there is any) was created by a surveillance camera owned and operated by Wal-Mart.

Despite being a publicly-traded corporation, Wal-Mart has no obligation to share the contents of its surveillance videos publicly. But if there never was an incident involving Bryant that resulted in videotape being preserved and transferred to the relevant law-enforcement agency, nothing stops Wal-Mart from saying so.

For Bryant’s sake, that’s what ultimately needs to happen, if there’s no video. Someone in position to rule it out needs to do so, or the rumor will continue to linger.

Again, there’s currently no evidence that a video exists. But it’s true that multiple members of the media have been chasing the story. In the case of ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the effort has been underway since September. However this ends, the time has come for a clear answer.
---------
Ferris Bueller has a friend that has seen the video from her best friends cousin who was at the Walmart as an eye witness two before said video was recorded….That’s what I heard.
--------
I hope it’s him getting kicked in the shin by a little person. How great would that be!
--------
So really Stan Kroenke owns this tape. He’s probably holding it ransom for a yes vote and support from Jerry Jones on his relocation to Inglewood.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just have this bad feeling that this video is going to be terribly disheartening.

After this entire process is dissected and indicted and we actually focus on the video which I think exists, I think it's going to be very clear that it will be grist for the mill in almost every sense.

It will be a shame that the real issues raised by this incident will be largely ignored.... even in light of all that's happened recently...

I feel comfortable saying that even before any video's released. Love to be wrong, but it's 2015...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Well, it falls on the shoulders of the press. They choose to report the negative things and generally ignore the positive things.
The media does not act without the tacit approval of the NFL, otherwise they would lose their jobs. It's a network, a system that is creating the conditions we're witnessing.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I just have this bad feeling that this video is going to be terribly disheartening.

After this entire process is dissected and indicted and we actually focus on the video which I think exists, I think it's going to be very clear that it will be grist for the mill in almost every sense.

It will be a shame that the real issues raised by this incident will be largely ignored.... even in light of all that's happened recently...

I feel comfortable saying that even before any video's released. Love to be wrong, but it's 2015...
I get it now. They pre-release stories about how bad the video is so that the public isn't as shocked by it once they finally view it. We're being pre-conditioned in order to lessen the impact. This time, the NFL got the PR firms on-board before the video hit the public airwaves. Well, that's the logical explanation of what's going on from where I sit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The media does not act without the tacit approval of the NFL, otherwise they would lose their jobs. It's a network, a system that is creating the conditions we're witnessing.

Well, except you are totally wrong and they (the media) are more often opposed than aligned to the NFL. The media gets better ratings from attacking but you wouldn't get that. And you've been on the media side more often that not, while chastising them you've been sitting in their lap from a point of view.

Even though it is obvious that the media makes money from not being what you say it is, keep saying that it is.........well whatever you seem to think it is hahaha. :ROFLMAO:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I disagree. I think the people selling went to the media to drum up interest.

This is exactly against the NFL PR machine's interest. The NFL would buy the footage and bury it. Hell, Jerry Jones would buy it and just have the cost be part of minor discount in Dez's contract.

I think very few things are beneath the NFL, but frankly letting this video out isn't their MO. Roger Goodell is the "destroy the evidence" lawyer, remember?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I get it now. They pre-release stories about how bad the video is so that the public isn't as shocked by it once they finally view it. We're being pre-conditioned in order to lessen the impact. This time, the NFL got the PR firms on-board before the video hit the public airwaves. Well, that's the logical explanation of what's going on from where I sit.

I doubt it LOL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Here in reality, the media definitely acts without the NFL's approval.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here in reality
Heinz von Foerster, founder of the bio-computer lab at the University of Illinois, would argue that there is no single reality, and ones reality does not trump another's, and I'd agree with him.

I can't wait to chat with you after you've been out of law school for 10yrs. I'd bet big dollars that your future reality will map closer to mine than to your own existing reality.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I disagree. I think the people selling went to the media to drum up interest.

This is exactly against the NFL PR machine's interest. The NFL would buy the footage and bury it. Hell, Jerry Jones would buy it and just have the cost be part of minor discount in Dez's contract.

I think very few things are beneath the NFL, but frankly letting this video out isn't their MO. Roger Goodell is the "destroy the evidence" lawyer, remember?
Hmmm, could be a hybrid of our thoughts. People trying to sell video go to media. Media reports this to NFL. NFL HQ hires PR firms to get in front of the storm, and gets media to stall before video is released.

iced

Hmmm, could be a hybrid of our thoughts. People trying to sell video go to media. Media reports this to NFL. NFL HQ hires PR firms to get in front of the storm, and gets media to stall before video is released.

Heard it was being auctioned off by people who are no longer friends of dez and are looking for revenge....and a pay day..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heinz von Foerster, founder of the bio-computer lab at the University of Illinois, would argue that there is no single reality, and ones reality does not trump another's, and I'd agree with him.

I can't wait to chat with you after you've been out of law school for 10yrs. I'd bet big dollars that your future reality will map closer to mine than to your own existing reality.

I doubt that. With all of the shit the media has been slinging, the NFL is definitely not controlling them.

Do they have influence? Sure. Plenty of it. They definitely can influence ESPN. But they can't control the media. Because if once someone reports something, everyone will if it's big.