"Five times worse than ray rice"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I don't even like Dez Bryant, but please let this be BS.

The NFL doesn't need this right now.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Jason-La-Canfora.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If Jones actually did that, then Bryant could easily take that case to a player's union. As screwed up of a person as Jerry is, I don't think that he would ever stoop that low.

Guess I should have posted that in blue font, eh? :snicker: Where's @Rynie damn it?

If it's true, it absolutely deserves it's own thread. This could be the biggest story of the year.

No, I'll still merge it into my own thread.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We'll see. If they're false, then that will likely ruin their careers as journalists. One does not simply pull crap like that out of their ass and get off; there could be a legitimate case for a big-money lawsuit after that.

And they aren't the only ones reporting this. Again, I'm not going to convict Bryant if he didn't do anything wrong. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this.
The chicken shit way they're reporting it? Nah... they can say they "heard" anything they want whether it is true or not. I really hate reporters when they pull this shit. I hope it's not true - 1) because I just hope it's not true 2) because I hope they at least get some freaking backlash from irresponsible "journalism".

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thanks GOD for ROD, as I would absolutely hate to have to rely in this sham of a sports media for information.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is very different. This is a guy who's alleging that Dez Bryant committed a crime so horrible that his career would be over. Bryant could easily sue La Canfora and Florio if they're making this up.

It's not at all that simple. And it's unlikely that he would prevail.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's true! Brian Williams just reported it!!!!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
This. The downside to being famous is that it's much harder to sue for slander. LaCanfora saying something negative about Bryant isn't going to ruin Bryant's life.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We'll see. If they're false, then that will likely ruin their careers as journalists. One does not simply pull crap like that out of their ass and get off; there could be a legitimate case for a big-money lawsuit after that.

And they aren't the only ones reporting this. Again, I'm not going to convict Bryant if he didn't do anything wrong. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this.

Nah they just say they were told by a source and never personally stated they thought it was true....A lawsuit against a journalist for doing his "job" and reporting stuff?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

They wouldn't be "making it up". Someone might be making it up - but the reporter reporting the story cant get in trouble for merely repeating it unless he knew (or ought to have known) it was false AND he was still (in his piece) trying to pass it off as being true.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If this story has any truth to it, then the NFL is majorly F'd. I know I'm getting fed up about all the stuff going down, and I think many other are as well.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Jason la canfora and mike florio have both reported "catching wind" of such a rumor within small circles.

OK, the 2 most likely to assimilate bogus information are involved...I know it's gospel...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this story has any truth to it, then the NFL is majorly F'd. I know I'm getting fed up about all the stuff going down, and I think many other are as well.

I don't see how the NFL is f'd if Dez Bryant decided to be an idiot. There's a lot of things you can blame the NFL for but they can't stop players from doing stupid or criminal things.