"Five times worse than ray rice"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Be on the lookout guys. Apparently, there is a dez bryant video about to surface and it's "five times worse than the ray rice tape". That could be a killer to his career if true

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Won't believe anything until I see the video evidence.
Same. But the fact that Dallas hasn't put a contract on the table could be telling.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll wait until the video surfaces...but if it's true, then I definitely want him kicked out of the league. Domestic violence and battering spouses is horrible, and if this is worse than the Rice video (which made me physically ill)...then Goodhell better do the right thing.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll wait until the video surfaces...but if it's true, then I definitely want him kicked out of the league. Domestic violence and battering spouses is horrible, and if this is worse than the Rice video (which made me physically ill)...then Goodhell better do the right thing.
Hoping it's not true. I really think dez has grown up. You never hear about him in trouble anymore. Side note: if it's fake, then I bet we can all guess where it came from.....

Memento

Name
Jemma
That means the rumors are false.

We'll see. If they're false, then that will likely ruin their careers as journalists. One does not simply pull shit like that out of their ass and get off; there could be a legitimate case for a big-money lawsuit after that.

And they aren't the only ones reporting this. Again, I'm not going to convict Bryant if he didn't do anything wrong. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this.

fearsomefour

Legend
The write up is so vague it means nothing.
"Five times worse" means nothing.
Maybe Dallas will trade him for Givens straight up.

FRO

Legend
We'll see. If they're false, then that will likely ruin their careers as journalists. One does not simply pull crap like that out of their ass and get off; there could be a legitimate case for a big-money lawsuit after that.

And they aren't the only ones reporting this. Again, I'm not going to convict Bryant if he didn't do anything wrong. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on this.
La Confora is wrong all the time and hasn't got fired yet.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Maybe Jerry Jones made this up to get him to sign a cheaper contract. Hey, it's the NFL where nothing's off the table.

Memento

Name
Jemma
La Confora is wrong all the time and hasn't got fired yet.

This is very different. This is a guy who's alleging that Dez Bryant committed a crime so horrible that his career would be over. Bryant could easily sue La Canfora and Florio if they're making this up.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Maybe Jerry Jones made this up to get him to sign a cheaper contract. Hey, it's the NFL where nothing's off the table.

If Jones actually did that, then Bryant could easily take that case to a player's union. As screwed up of a person as Jerry is, I don't think that he would ever stoop that low.

FRO

Legend
This is very different. This is a guy who's alleging that Dez Bryant committed a crime so horrible that his career would be over. Bryant could easily sue La Canfora and Florio if they're making this up.
No he can't. They haven't reported anything. They have said they are hearing stuff. They left it open ended. I have the policy of believing the opposite of what La Confora speculates. He is wrong all the time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or it could be an "Insider Buzz" about the Cowboys looking to trade Dez Bryant for Sam Bradford

Memento

Name
Jemma
No he can't. They haven't reported anything. They have said they are hearing stuff. They left it open ended. I have the policy of believing the opposite of what La Confora speculates. He is wrong all the time.

Again, this is huge. About as big as you can possibly get in the NFL. As a writer and someone who is interested in pursuing it as a career, if they are making this up, then not even the companies they work for would trust them anymore. They would get someone else because the backlash against them will be enormous if they are pulling this out of their arses. This isn't just some minor trade, draft, or free agency rumor or speculation on if a team is moving elsewhere. This is a story that destroys careers.

Either way, someone is not going to be able to keep their job after this.