Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V3

Hall of Fame
Okay, so Davis isn't your QB of the future. So where are we getting one? I don't like our chances of finding a needle in the haystack and we aren't going to be at the top of the draft to get a top QB.

TheBunk

Rookie
There should be enough QB's coming out for us to get one early on next year's draft.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WE JUST BEAT HE 49ERS AT HOME....LET THIS STUPID THREAD DIE ALREADY....TIME TO CELEBRATE

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You see how bad this offensive line we have right now is? Bulger had it twice as bad.

Stay away from me, bro! You already know what I think. I still beleive it!

And Bulger ran like a girl. He really did. It always ticked me off how feeble he was.

He was a lot better of a passer than Davis or even Sam when he had time. He actually did throw guys open. And yes, the OL was abysmal. You are absolutely right about that. I remember him getting 100% FLATTENED by somebody and he was never right after.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, he'll never get the Rams back into this game. Wait - what?
27 yard punt by the pro bowl punter put the rams back into this game......................................after the defense had a great hold sequence.

Speeps

Starter
The Rams offense isn't exactly in A1 shape. We put two players on IR this past week, and has been playing with our 3rd string QB.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Don't want to insult the football intelligence of any of the member's here but you do realize that the O-line has been decimated, right? AD has his faults and I wouldn't mind seeing what Shaun Hill can bring to the table but as soon as he screws up because the blocking stinks who will you be screaming for to come in next?

He's the safer play at this point imo. Especially if you want to play Fisher possession football. Davis doesn't have any arm strength, and is losing confidence. It's becoming evident. I agree that the offensive line is decimated, and there's been plenty of pressure, but he can avoid a lot of these things on his own.

The problem is, Hills deep ball accuracy and turnover rate isn't pretty either. I think he does have a huge advantage in recognizing defenses (especially post snap) and pressure though. He knows where to go with the ball in those situations right away and will make the defense pay.

There isn't really an easy decision here. I mean you'd be giving Hill his first start back against the 7-1 Cardinals on the road so yeah.

Last edited:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I'm more concerned with the o-line than anything else. Has there been room in the pocket to step into hardly?

Davis hasn't played good the last few weeks, but this o-line has been worse. It all starts in the trenches guys.

Hey, what kind of post is this.

Don't you know this thread is for bashing the Ram's starting quarterback?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
SF
Sea
KC
SF.

Not too many QB's look that great against these teams.
KC made Brady look like garbage.

He is playing better than any other first year qb currently starting.

Oh. By the way. We are 2-1 against Seattle, KC and SF the past 3 weeks.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Id much rather give hill a shot again... the defense will have to continue playing like today to keep winning

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't think Fisher goes away from Davis at this point...Davis has some probs for sure...He was horrid today...He threw it away when he had Cook without a defender within 10-15 yards...He held it too long i previous games, so this was probably an overreaction to getting away from that..I thought from day 1 (and said so) that I liked some of what he did, but his inexperience and arm didn't give me any good feelings...He makes a bunch of bad decisions but I think a lot of that is inexperience...My thought now is that he would be a solid back-up..If he turns into starter material I'd be thrilled to eat crow....I'm not too worried about a crow sandwich right now...Bottom line...The D stepped up far more than large...They were as goods as I can remember in a LONG time time...The way the Rams won today is the way they would usually lose in that situation...I was thrilled to see Kaeperdicks face as he walked off the field...I really dislike him and his persona...Great job Rams...On to next week...One game ball to Greg Williams today IMO...He's taken a beating (and rightfully so)but he called a near perfect game...

Rams0307

WE JUST BEAT HE 49ERS AT HOME....LET THIS STUPID THREAD DIE ALREADY....TIME TO CELEBRATE

Not everything is about just today. I for one, am tired of the losing year after year, as are many on this forum. There was nothing to celebrate about Davis's performance today. It's fair to start questioning who the starting QB will be going into next year because Davis clearly isn't the answer.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hey, what kind of post is this.

Don't you know this thread is for bashing the Ram's starting quarterback?

Whoops my bad lol. Not used to QB bashing vent threads after wins.

Those other guys on the field are all perfect, Davis ruined it all!!!

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
This is a playoff team with just average QB play. I love Davis' attitude, leadership, and enthusiasm, but without the talent to back it up - you can only go so far. Hill is an average QB, but that's a step above and could be the difference between a 6-10 waiting for the draft season and 9-7 possible wild card birth season. Get in the playoffs with this improving defense and ya never know what might happen. Let's play for this year and put Hill in. Stats don't tell the whole story, but they say a lot. Hill's got some pretty impressive career numbers. Davis' stats are almost the exact same as our practice squad QB.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not everything is about just today. I for one, am tired of the losing year after year, as are many on this forum. There was nothing to celebrate about Davis's performance today. It's fair to start questioning who the starting QB will be going into next year because Davis clearly isn't the answer.
52306011.jpg

Does it bring you any pleasure when the Rams WIN?

rams2050

Starter
I'm thinking that Davis is experiencing his 'sophomore slump' somewhat early in the process, as in almost a year early.

He had some rave reviews early on, and then he began believing his press. Nothing wrong with that, but then in response to the 'rave reviews' he began trying to do too much. Result? Increased interceptions and more sacks.

BUT we have to consider what he has been playing with the last couple of weeks: he has lost his FAVORITE receiver, in Quick; for some reason, Zac Stacey is in the doghouse (after his 2 KC carries of (I think) 7 and 9 yards; AND the O-line has been decimated.

Let us consider that O-line for a moment, if you will. He has a rookie Left Tackle who is just learning the art of pass protection (do you think THAT gave Davis a load of confidence today?), he has Davin 'Revolving Door' Joseph, Scott 'ooh, I made a bad snap' Wells at center (who also has been less than healthy), Saffold (ooh, I hurt my shoulder again), and Barksdale who, as I recall, was beat like a rented mule in KC. So, do you REALLY think Davis was feeling fairly confident about the level of protection that he would be receiving today?? At least Zac Stacy was good at blitz pickup, although it did sound like Tre Mason was doing better today, as well.

And why didn't they get Benny Cunningham more involved? I think that switching between him and Mason or putting both in the backfield might have really screwed with the Whiners' heads.

As it is we won the last 2 of 3 games with Davis who, I admit, isn't winning the games on his own but then he isn't losing them all by himself, either.

I think that right now the game is probably still too fast for him. One of these days it will slow down for him and he will gain some confidence in other receivers and he will stop trying to force passes and, hope of all hope, he will begin to SEE open receivers. If all those things happen he may still be the ONE!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's fair to start questioning who the starting QB will be going into next year because Davis clearly isn't the answer.
Fair enough. The comments by others using terms like "pussy" and "sucks" have been removed and I would caution members about being disrespectful. Davis' performance can be discussed without going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.