Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Think Hill has to get the next start.
Yeah, touchy one. But, Iaam not going to over analyze it, I want to celebrate the win. But, yes, he's lacking certain skills . . .and while some may be fixable, he cannot get an arm transplant.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Missing the sight adjustment on that 3rd and 1 with #88 wide open (hot read) wuz a little depressing to say the least, but...................................................................................................the boys pulled it out so "c'est la vie"!!!!!!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
No surprise really, the riding on Davis from Weeks 2-5 was hilarious. Still, I like him as a backup though. He still has plenty of room to refine his mechanics like the hot read against the blitz. Had he stood in the pocket and threw it to Kendricks, he could've ran for six.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philly5

Rookie
I don't know if he is the answer, but we clearly need to do a better job of keeping him under control. Abandons the pocket at first sign of a rush. Tough to be successful on broken plays.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not a great week for Davis. Wasn't for Manning either.

We got the win.

The offense needs work.

But let's enjoy the win.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
No way he should start next week

Oh I think he will. You don't pull your QB out due to a bad game, especially if you still won that game with that QB. I'm not saying that he is the better QB, but he will start next week.

Athos

Legend
Was hoping we wouldn't have to draft a QB high. That may be changing in a hurry.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Davis is the starter for the rest of the season. We know Fisher and we just won..........Davis starts next week.

Having said that, I agree that Davis is afraid to throw deep against good defenses because he knows he doesn't have a gun. He has a slow developing deep ball throw. He also has bad vision after the first sign of pressure.

Add in a poor developing WR core, injuries and an Offensive Coordinator who is slow and boring.............you get what we have.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Don't want to insult the football intelligence of any of the member's here but you do realize that the O-line has been decimated, right? AD has his faults and I wouldn't mind seeing what Shaun Hill can bring to the table but as soon as he screws up because the blocking stinks who will you be screaming for to come in next?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm more concerned with the o-line than anything else. Has there been room in the pocket to step into hardly?

Davis hasn't played good the last few weeks, but this o-line has been worse. It all starts in the trenches guys.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
A couple things we are currently dealing with. 1-Fisher has probably told Shotty to never put Davis in a position to have to win a game unless we are playing from behind with little time left in a game. So the game plan is always going to establish the running game allowing Davis to make safe passes and utilize play-action. When the O-Line cannot create running lanes the game plan becomes really limited, and Fisher won't let Shotty take chances by opening up the passing game. Fisher will try to keep the game close with the defense allowing Shotty's play calling to be conservative. 2-I also think Davis is going through a bit of a slump and defenses have figured out how to rattle him. Timely blitzes and disguised coverage's have him reeling some. I think he will rebound. The difference between Davis and Hill is he can avoid the blitz with his feet. 3-I think Davis has been told not to take chances and throw the ball away if you don't have anything open.

I did not watch the game, so I could be wrong but it sounded like the O-Line didn't give him a bunch of time today, and maybe Shotty could have been a bit more creative with the play calling utilizing a bunch of screens to keep SF from blitzing so much. We are incredibly weak at the RG position, and Joseph needs to be replaced. Defense came through and kept it a game. GZ redeemed himself from last week's performance. Arizona is up next and ripe for an upset. All the talk will be about them being the hottest team in the NFC/NFL and the division is theirs for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.