Camp Report 7/26/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I just spent my Sunday lunch reading this, with a very big ass smile on my face. Highlight of my (hotter than hell) day.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent take on Quick....haven't been to practice but the feeling I got for sure watching him in games.
Too much talent to write off. Fans get impatient but the Rams knew he was a project when drafted.
The Rams could have a similar WR situation as Chicago with Britt/Quick.....but with a third option like Austin. That is just plain scary.
In my humble opinion Quick is a guy who just needs to take the next step. That doesn't mean he needs 1200 yards or he is a bust. That mind set is for fans who let fantasy football form their opinions. The next step could be a 50 catch year and 700 yard. Did he run the routes well, adjust to coverages, show toughness, contribute as a blocker.
It would be a shame to cut a guy loose who could have a 10+ year career because the stats weren't there after a couple. I believe in Quick.

Well, I saw one thing take place in yesterdays 11 on 11 stuff, that I am sure hasn't taken place before. With Quick lined up wide to the left side, Bradford looked right at him and made a gesture to Quick with his fingers to indicate a sight adjustment. Taking two fingers and putting them to his own eyes while looking at Quick. Immediately after the ball is snapped, Quick runs a quick slant and Bradford hits him in stride for what would have been a 1st down on a 3rd and 5. That tells me he is finally getting it.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, I saw one thing take place in yesterdays 11 on 11 stuff, that I am sure hasn't taken place before. With Quick lined up wide to the left side, Bradford looked right at him and made a gesture to Quick with his fingers to indicate a sight adjustment. Taking twos finger and putting the to his own eyes while looking at Quick. Immediately after the ball is snapped, Quick runs a quick slant and Bradford hits him in stride for what would have been a 1st down on a 3rd and 5. That tells me he is finally getting it.
Love it.
The prospect of being able to run Quick, Britt, Austin out there is fun.
I still like Kendricks better than Cook, although they are different types of players.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love it.
The prospect of being able to run Quick, Britt, Austin out there is fun.
I still like Kendricks better than Cook, although they are different types of players.

Well, the prospect of them lining up Britt, Quick, COOK AND KENDRICKS is something they have done more than a couple of times. Pretty impressive when Brian Quick is the "smallest" guy of the group

bluecoconuts

Legend
Love these reports, only way I can follow from here! I thought I was going to get back to the states before week 1 and maybe see the Rams vs the Vikings but it turns out my flight isn't till the day after and the Rams will be in Tampa when I'm in St Louis. Keep up the good work (everyone reporting) it's very much appreciated.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, the prospect of them lining up Britt, Quick, COOK AND KENDRICKS is something they have done more than a couple of times. Pretty impressive when Brian Quick is the "smallest" guy of the group
Haha true.
What I love about that grouping is you can spread it and create mismatches if the D is in a 2 TE run D or keep them in and run out of it with physical WR who should do well blocking. Keep the TEs in and pass on play action....a lot of options.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think Pead has a pretty similar skill set, and size of LeSean McCoy...so I guess I'd be in the minority too, but I want to see him unleashed a little. Perfect 3rd down back on this team, if we go that way, and he really CAN block in pass pro.

Thanks Coach. I was away, so I'm trying to catch up.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having Kenny Britt here has already paid dividends as far as Brian Quick's confidence. They are paired together, and taking reps together. And if you want to find Brian Quick on the practice field, find Britt and he is ALWAYS within a few feet. And Britt is the most spirited player I have seen on the practice field in the past 4 years of attending these practices. He is always encouraging the others in the WR group, but he seems to be giving Quick extra attention. Is that by design? have the coaches put a bug in his ear? Who knows,, but it seems to be working.

yes yes YES.

MFritsche

UDFA
Honestly, I will pass on commenting on his article. But to answer your direct question as to where or not his numbers look right, IMO, they might as well be made up. I have no idea why or how someone would chart each QBs throws. If he claims Bradford ONLY had 20 pass attempts, I am not sure where he was the rest of the practice. And the WR "targets" aren't even close. Unless he is only referring to the 11 on 11 team stuff. Who knows,, and anyone who wants to use training camp comp % and targets as a way to evaluate these guys, doesn't get it.

I created an account to reply to this comment. You obviously don't know me so this post is very misguided.

1) I did not make these numbers up. I attended Rams Camp and kept track of all the throws/receivers/defensive backs in a notebook as it was happening. I don't understand why you think this is so difficult.. There is AT LEAST a 40 second break in between each play.
2) I only charted the 7on7's and 11on11's.. Maybe if you would read the whole article you would have figured that out...
3) The WR "targets" are EXACT. I charted every play... Some guys didn't get thrown to much in the 7on7's and 11on11's (Givens for example). Obviously, other parts of the practice had the receivers more involved.
4) The numbers aren't the main source of evaluation obviously. It does provide people with some sort of statistical data to look at, and people generally enjoy that. When evaluating, the numbers only provide a tad bit of context to what I watched during practice.

-- To claim that I don't "get it" is kind of a strong thing to say. I've been charting CB's since 2012 and scouting players since 2007. I'm not going to act like I know everything, but I know enough to where that article is valid.