Bye Tavon ??? STAYS ON RESTRUCTURE!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was a huge fan of drafting him.

But, he seemed to struggle to pick things up no matter the offense.

Additionally, while he is a slippery player... he never maximized that at this level. Too much dancing. Too easy to tackle.

It is time to move him. Best of luck, Tavon. A different situation might bring out more of that God given talent.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Me when I got the notification this morning:

source.gif

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I don't think Tavon is done I think he needs a fresh start hands and route running can be worked on with a team that can work with him let's face it he was setback big time in the mustache era just like quarterbacks running backs and any offense I honestly think he can do well elsewhere......or we can turn him into an 8 million dollar CB????

TexasRam

Legend
Tavon could clearly play at this level.

Just not as a WR.

As an option RB at a few million per year he’s an asset and GameChanger.

At 8 million no.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
A guy like Tyler Ervin gets drafted in the 4th round
He's a player I really liked in college - and he's exactly what I thought he was. A great weapon at a reasonable price.
He's better than Tavon
Tavon just isn't a wide receiver - he got the yips on returns - he was good as a decoy on that one sweep thing we did in junior high...
It's fair to call it a day

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rng7UU5BT-A

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Tavon wherever he goes. I loved to see his highlights, and I appreciate the way he handled himself when he was demoted in McVay's offense. It just didn't work out.

That said, I'd love to see him traded, but I don't think there's much of a market.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm in the minority for sure, but outside of the contract think we never used him as much as we should of.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's featured in the right system if he lights it up. Guess we'll see.
Oh well, best of luck man, you never complained and always were a great team player.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Let alone trade up for him !!
In hindsight, if we we wouldn't have made that move there would have been several other teams making it.
Same with the Robinson piçk, he was moving up a lot of teams draft boards.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In hindsight, if we we wouldn't have made that move there would have been several other teams making it.
Same with the Robinson piçk, he was moving up a lot of teams draft boards.

Still doesn’t make those good moves. Those were very disappointing picks.

Why not trade back with such a great offensive line draft ? Robinson was very young & not very experienced . LT has been called the 2nd hardest position to learn as a rookie .

You think back to the Tavon draft. That class from above also had a very deep WR class, one of the best ever as well. Why not wait ??

Les Snead made some bad calls ? I really think Fisher was way to involved in it though.

McVay has a big voice as well , but he trust the whole organization. Snead made that trade for John Johnson work & got McVays guy Gerald Everett.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember being excited about having a faster Amendola. Too bad, because we could use him.
Yeah, pretty sure that's what we were all hoping for.
Had visions of him doing what he did against the Colts that one year - every game.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I’m kinda shocked McVay couldn’t get anything out of him. But yeah, good way to put it. No grudges.
Dude put it out there when he played. Some of the most crushing blocks put on by a Ram came from #11

I agree. Hard to believe McVay couldn’t find a way to make him a more effective player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. Hard to believe McVay couldn’t find a way to make him a more effective player.

I hate to say it, but I don't think Tavon had the football IQ. Guys like Antonio Brown and Cooper Kupp can go far despite lacking elite physical tools because they have such an incredible understanding of the game and all of the nuances. Tavon just never seemed to get it. He didn't understand how to identify and exploit weaknesses without the ball in his hands. He didn't understand when to deviate from the plan to help his QB out. He didn't grasp how to adapt to the defense. Tavon's game is athleticism and instincts, but those instincts only seem to exist when he has the ball.

It's sad. The kid has all the physical ability in the world. He appears to genuinely try hard and be a great teammate. He just doesn't get football the way he needs to get it to be a great WR.

nighttrain

Legend
Still doesn’t make those good moves. Those were very disappointing picks.

Why not trade back with such a great offensive line draft ? Robinson was very young & not very experienced . LT has been called the 2nd hardest position to learn as a rookie .

You think back to the Tavon draft. That class from above also had a very deep WR class, one of the best ever as well. Why not wait ??

Les Snead made some bad calls ? I really think Fisher was way to involved in it though.

McVay has a big voice as well , but he trust the whole organization. Snead made that trade for John Johnson work & got McVays guy Gerald Everett.
Fisher was way to involved

Psycho_X

Legend
Why would they want to announce trade or cut? Is there an obvious reason here a team would trade for him instead of forcing the Rams hand and waiting until they release him?

Last ditch effort by the rams to get anything for him. Put it out there and see if any team is willing to give up a third day pick to have the rights to him before he hits free agency. If a team thought he could be useful and had a ton of cap room it’d be worth it for a year. Then if he still struggles I think his cap hit is significantly less after 2018 to cut him. But most likely he’ll be a free agent.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sometimes.

Also the nerdiest poster on this board (at least one that's not afraid to show it!).

Um...nerdiest?

I used physics and differential calculus to talk about why Wentz throws the ball farther (not gonna go into that again...it's called the f(search)...cwutididthar?)

67046077.jpg

I'll start off easy:

Science gives me a Hadron.

You can't trust geometry in a bar. Well, not all of geometry is bad, but you definitely cannot trust (sin b)/(tan b).

Oh, and I just thought of a TERRIBLE dad joke (can't help myself)...

I have to get rid of my cat. He's a freakin' Communist. All he ever talks about is Mao.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think Tavon is done I think he needs a fresh start hands and route running can be worked on with a team that can work with him let's face it he was setback big time in the mustache era just like quarterbacks running backs and any offense I honestly think he can do well elsewhere......or we can turn him into an 8 million dollar CB????

Wishful thinking. Read what Jrry said. That's it in a nutshell. His scissor kick and dancing around has never worked well in the NFL with faster and more athletic defenses than the stuff worked in college. But he kept doing it over and over. That is a glaring sign that he hasn't learned anything. He isn't a football player.

Last ditch effort by the rams to get anything for him. Put it out there and see if any team is willing to give up a third day pick to have the rights to him before he hits free agency. If a team thought he could be useful and had a ton of cap room it’d be worth it for a year. Then if he still struggles I think his cap hit is significantly less after 2018 to cut him. But most likely he’ll be a free agent.

The Rams already paid 7 million of the ten, so at three million he is relatively cheap for a team that thinks they can use him better that Fisher and McVay.