Breaking down the Rams day two draft selections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade the Rams draft so far

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They did reach on every pick Jake. Stick to your guns...a bunch of 4.6 guys...that don't look like they'll play much to me.

but I wouldn't have taken that kid outta Iowa, King, in any round.

I'm a little confused as to where they are going?
I am disgusted we let Kittle go to the 49ers.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Not sure man, I think a kid like Johnson is what I was hoping for with Awuzie, a versatile leader who can play on the outside, the slot, and safety

It's exactly what this team needed out of the DB selection
Exactly what you would have gotten in Fish Smithson in the sixth round who is a better player and led the FBS in solo tackles...

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
If Sports media is your dream,then I would like to give you one mans opinion of your post
It is a bit of a turn off for me to hear a writer Claim to know what talents were available,better than
the people who spend many years, every day, all day perfecting their craft.
It makes me want to stop reading. I would rather hear what this kid has to offer that
enticed the Rams to make this decision,when you, and others had other options
rated higher.
It's cool to come off as being very knowledgeable on draft talent,It's
when writers try to come off as being far more knowledgeable than the professionals
that makes me kinda shy away.
Jake I think you do a hell of a job.I hate we missed out on our boy Godwin.lol
I am not here to judge your writing so much as to offer one mans opinion.
Just one opinion among many,that you can use to dominate your craft.
I hope my insight helped.I'm a Fan,Bro. Go Rams.
I gave you what I saw on him, I just hate the pick reaching on him like that the Chargers just drafted Desmond King in the fifth round. John johnson was such a wasted pick that early

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Anything higher than a C grade thus far is pure kool aid. Not that theres anything wrong with that at a website like this.

You dont give a A "because the coach liked the pick". Are you serious?

Rams have left top talent on the board while reaching for thier scheme guys. We will see how that works out. But to me if you leave the #67 overall player on the board when you have great value picking at 117 ....and instead draft the 130th over all player to add to an overcrowded recieving corps, YOU DO NO GET AN A...

If this is directed towards my comment, I clearly said these were were 2 impact players, who ALSO, I'm guessing partially because they are impact players, would be in the top rated within their respective positions.

And who's ranking this #67 player, etc? You're basically saying it's fine to use this ranking from someone who doesn't coach at the highest kevel, but if someone agrees with an nfl coaching staff on their player grade, that's just crazy. Sure, that makes sense.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Is it because of Fish Smithson inability to tackle that you're comparing him to John Johnson cause it's Fish who can't tackle, not JJ

In Wade I trust
That's a moronic statement. He led the entire FBS in solo tackles.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That's a moronic statement. He led the entire FBS in solo tackles.

I'm just going by what Lance Zerlien said in regards to Fish --- glad you're not saying someone who took the time to read your post is a moron.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/fish-smithson?id=2558079

Weakness

Undersized for his work in the box. Tackling inconsistencies are troubling. Flat-footed tackler who takes force rather than dealing it. Has had a substantial amount of missed and broken tackles over last two seasons. Lacks the twitch to make sudden adjustments in space. Athletic limitations prevent him from making some of the plays his eyes unveil. Unable to carry speed down the field or stick with crossing routes in man.

Draft Projection
Rounds 6-7

Bottom Line
Smithson is a little smaller and a little slower than teams might like at the safety spot, but his instincts and overall football intelligence make up for some of his physical limitations. With six interceptions over the last two seasons, Smithson has shown that he has the ball skills to pair with his instinctive nature, but his issues finishing tackles will not be taken lightly by NFL teams. Smithson has NFL backup potential.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Who's evaluation will I trust more Wade Phillips who has decades of coaching top 10 nfl defenses, grew up as an elite NFL defensive coache's son, and has coached countless hall of famers or some draft nick. Ill take Wade. He has forgotten more football than most will ever know in their lifetime

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the feeling that some people are just meant to complain. If we hired Jessica Alba as our main cheerleader and she was to entertain them at half time they'd still find a reason to piss and moan :D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the feeling that some people are just meant to complain. If we hired Jessica Alba as our main cheerleader and she was to entertain them at half time they'd still find a reason to tick and moan :D
Well, she IS getting a little fat...

fearsomefour

Legend
Anything higher than a C grade thus far is pure kool aid. Not that theres anything wrong with that at a website like this.

You dont give a A "because the coach liked the pick". Are you serious?

Rams have left top talent on the board while reaching for thier scheme guys. We will see how that works out. But to me if you leave the #67 overall player on the board when you have great value picking at 117 ....and instead draft the 130th over all player to add to an overcrowded recieving corps, YOU DO NO GET AN A...
Drafting scheme guys works pretty well in places like Pittsburgh, NE and GB. The Rams just always have shifting schemes.
I have a feeling some WRs are getting dumped pretty quickly.
Woods, Austin and the two draft picks probably have spots sewn up. Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, Marquise and the PS guys better dust up their resumes.

fearsomefour

Legend
I get the feeling that some people are just meant to complain. If we hired Jessica Alba as our main cheerleader and she was to entertain them at half time they'd still find a reason to tick and moan :D
How old is she now?
Come on man, fresh talent.......
blue font

bdfitz

UDFA
Did it ever occur to people Snead may have had more than a hand in picking McVay and part of the reason was continued control over the Draft? Be as positive as you like but this has Snead's fingerprints all over it. Reaches at every round with the exception of Kupp and small school scheme players with potential. Goff should be sick. He gets no new Oline help and no #1 WR .....agsin, but I know a few bubble players who are cracking the champagne not to mention Tru Johnson. yikes. "pay me."

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Kupp is 6'1"? I've read he's 6'2" and 6'3" as well.

Kid needs to pick a height and stick to it.