Big Fish abruptly ended press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
So now it comes down to arguing semantics and choice of word? The facts are the guy comes out and gives the same speech loss after loss after loss and when we've had our worst 3 game stretch since he took over and now he's pissed?

Like Irish said, whether he likes it or not, part of the reason he gets paychecks is to take the podium and answer questions about what went on on the field, today he failed that and that didn't impress me. Look at most of the walkouts from recent memory, Randy Edsall, Mike McCoy, Mike Shanahan. All dysfunctional and bad teams and coaches who are either out or on their way out, I'm tired of running like a dysfunctional team, I've dealt with Spags just sitting around looking lost, and Linehan having verbal sparring matches while chasing our best from a bygone, better time out of town and now this.

What exactly have I been given to applaud? 4 years later, we're still getting blown out and everything is still piling up and up. What should I be applauding Fisher for? I'm not being obtuse, what are all you guys seeing, because all I'm seeing is another losing product to stack on top of the last ten years and I'm supposed to feel sorry for a guy who's experienced what I've been experiencing since I started rooting for the team.
Because it's all about you?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I don't agree with that, but whatever.
I've really said all I can say on this matter.

Why not?

Why shouldn't the media ask about it? Have these things not been discussed on here also?

Many here have questioned Cooks drive, Mason is known to have missed meetings and team travel, there have been rumors that JRob is "tough" to get into the film room. If we all have heard that, true or not, you know the media has heard it, so why is asking about effort not a valid question.

That said - not saying the entire team has quit, or quit on JF. But I do think it is a fair question to ask, and the media guys talk to the players and staff more than us...they may be getting more comments like JJ from last week quietly and off the record.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think it's all about that bass.

No treble.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I really don't care about all that. I just know there's not a lack of effort.
It's execution problems due to a freaked up O-line and bad QB play.
We're also sorely missing Trumaine Johnson and Robert Quinn.
And Havenstien and Brown. And Saffold. And Donnal. And Zuerlein. And Keenum. And.........

I get that people are emotionally invested. But who honestly expected anything different?

With the offensive line in the shape it's now in. With the play from the QB position being what it's been?

Not only did I expect this type of game I predicted the exact score before they even kicked off.

Take a step back from the ledge people. Invoke a 24 hour rule before posting. Lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-29_18-25-56.png
    upload_2015-11-29_18-25-56.png
    200 KB · Views: 149

jap

Legend
Because, strangely enough jrry can be right sometimes too. Shocking I know. :LOL:

By the way, when I referenced Jrry, I was referring to the fact that we had this very conversation a week or so ago. And just like you did, he claimed we tried hiring top level OC's last year. However, just like he did, you also ignored the fact that I was looking for Fish, voluntarily or otherwise, to offer an incoming top level OC near autonomous powers. I have no interest whatsoever in Fish overshadowing a bright OC with his [Fish's] notions of offense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And Havenstien and Brown. And Saffold. And Donnal. And Zuerlein. And Keenum. And.........

I get that people are emotionally invested. But who honestly expected anything different?

With the offensive line in the shape it's now in. With the play from the QB position being what it's been?

Not only did I expect this type of game I predicted the exact score before they even kicked off.

Take a step back from the ledge people. Invoke a 24 hour rule before posting. Lol
Well, Hocker did kick that PAT, so we don't need Zuerlein anymore.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
By the way, when I referenced Jrry, I was referring to the fact that we had this very conversation a week or so ago. And just like you did, he claimed we tried hiring top level OC's last year. However, just like he did, you also ignored the fact that I was looking for Fish, voluntarily or otherwise, to offer an incoming top level OC near autonomous powers. I have no interest whatsoever in Fish overshadowing a bright OC with his [Fish's] notions of offense.
It's not overlooked, it's just a lot easier said than done. Also, we ultimately will never know what was offered, saying that he probably didn't is well enough, but or all we know he could have very well told them he would leave them alone and it still wasn't enough to make something happen.

At least I'd expect him to start offering as names started to fall and an in house hire came closer and closer to happening.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think it's all about that bass.

No treble.

See, my mama, she told me don't worry about your si-ize,
She said girls like a little more booty to hold at ni-ight.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh. I'd rather have this fish:

animals-greenmorayeel-slide5-web.jpg
That's not a bass. I have stared several of these things in the snout while diving though. They're badass. Certainly though, if you are going to talk bass, these are not even in the same family. These things don't even have scales.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's not a bass. I have stared several of these things in the snout while diving though. They're badass. Certainly though, if you are going to talk bass, these are not even in the same family. These things don't even have scales.

They're really gentle giants. In captivity, you'd think that they were pets of the divers, given how affectionate they are. Just don't ever put your fingers close to their mouths.

Because you know I'm all about those eels, 'bout those eels, no bengals.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Then what is? Why is this team incapable of turning the corner? Lack of talent? Or inability of coaching? Or some sort of fierce hexing that would make the Wicked Witch of the West blush? Everyone's quick to run and say what it isn't, but when it comes to what it is then there's nothing left for it to be? For me, at some point it comes down to, maybe it is one of those answers and we just don't want to admit it?

There's something keeping this team back, but it's too mean or insulting to try to find out what? Sometimes the road to answers isn't nice, and Fisher hasn't earned the right to act like he's capable of righting the ship, or has ever since he got the keys to the Rams jalopy. Facts are he's earned every hard question he's received and is going to receive, in fact I feel like he's getting it light compared to how he could be getting destroyed in a market like New York or Philty.
Have you seen the oline? How about the QBs that played the 2014 season and most of 2013? Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi could not have made those teams play better.

Name another team that is starting their 9th olineman who has turned the corner.

Your dis-like of Fisher is making everything else you argue irrational.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They're really gentle giants.
Yep. The smaller ones are the ones to watch out for. You don't want to point at them unless you don't value your finger. The big ones are more scavengers. Really cool to watch from a few feet away though. They just look gnarly.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Have you seen the oline? How about the QBs that played the 2014 season and most of 2013? Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi could not have made those teams play better.

Name another team that is starting their 9th olineman who has turned the corner.

Your dis-like of Fisher is making everything else you argue irrational.
Who built that O-line? Who brought in that QB? Players don't just magically appear on the team, those are on Fisher. If they suck, then why shouldn't he be held responsible for how they suck?

And we weren't all that much better when our team wasn't injured, GRob hasn't been executing all year, Barnes isn't much better, Reynolds is up and down. Havenstein and Brown were the only ones of our O-line who were playing consistently well, the minute they went down it all started to go to shambles. Injuries don't help, but losing two guys shouldn't spell the doom for a group.

Saying it all comes down to dislike and wanting to irrationally hate on him is lazy, and refusing to look at his 'accolades' as a whole.