Bernie: NFL ramps up efforts for LA team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They hired someone that will put it all into perspective. They shoulda done that years ago...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
"Kroenke wants us to fill his pockets with dollars"

Hah, doesn't require mind reading, just look at his record. Kroenke is an astute businessman and as such seeks to maximize his long-term profit in each of is investments.

Also Thordaddy you are conflating building a team with commitment to St. Louis. Kroenke has been exemplary at building a team. He will judge whether his long-term investment will fare better in St. Louis, LA or elsewhere and when the team is in that place he will make a commitment to that city. My bet is LA, and I don't blame him if he moves the team there, although I will personally find it disappointing.

So if it isn't mind reading I guess Stan told you that? or he's wearing a sign that says that? .If the man didn't say it,it's mind reading.

Like I said the guy's going to great lengths to be a citizen of the community and all he gets from people with a negative outlook is the typical class envy where those without money think the only thing that motivates a person with lots is acquiring it. Stan's commitment to Mizzou the state and to Missouri sports has been demonstrated sufficiently to me by his work getting that team here in the first place .
Peter King can be quoted as saying that Stan wants the Rams to mean to this city something comparable to what the Cardinals do,but when the lead columnist on the cities only major newspaper keeps painting him with a jealous brush and makes a point of even accusing the owner of getting schadenfreude from keeping his mouth shut during negotiating for facilities to make GOOD ON PROMISES MADE TO HIM,I won't let that go.
He got out of the lease because of what is called constructive eviction, his landlord didn't live up to the agreement,you gonna keep renting from someone who won't fix the roof if it leaks?
If it bleeds it leads with Bernie and if there isn't any blood ,he brings up the past blood, but not to worry though Bernie doesn't like me either so it's mutual admiration thing, we've emailed back and forth several times and he's an even bigger asshole in private than he is in print,no mind reading about that complete with name calling.

VARam

Kroenke hasn't done spit. He lets Demoff, Snead, and Fisher do the talking for him. and that's all we've gotten from this regime thus far anyway. expect the dome to be empty..again.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Kronke bought a parcel of land in L.A. where many have proposed a new stadium would go. That, to me, is a shot by Kronke showing the powers that be in St. Louis that he's serious and they need to start working on a new deal or he'll leave. It's a power move by Kronke, but I don't doubt for a second that if he doesn't get what he wants, he can find it somewhere else.
And then again he may have bought the land to sell it to the NFL,he owns a lot of land ,he could probably build a stadium in three or four markets that don't have an NFL franchise on land he owns

V3

Hall of Fame
@GreeneCounty - Link please. And it's ironic that you included this part at the end of the article...

Copyright 2014 stltoday.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:cool:

Btw Bernie just cannot resist getting a shot in at the fanbase. And yet he probably still wonders why so many detest him.

"the usual shrieking from Chicken Littles"
He's not referencing the whole fan base. He's citing that particular group....you know, like how many people here like to cite certain groups that hate Bradford, Fisher, etc.

iced

Bernie was actually a pretty reasonable defender of Bradford. Never saw him say he stunk. I still don't get why everyone hates Bernie so freaking much.

well for starters, he tends to say a lot of stupid shit like this
On top of that, the Missouri native Kroenke has seemingly enjoyed tormenting his own fan base with his cold, calculated aloofness.

Can't stand bernie. He comes off to me as a person with a sense of entitlement - the only thing that fat bastard should be entitled to are an ethics, gym, and literature course to fix his shit

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Kroenke hasn't done spit. He lets Demoff, Snead, and Fisher do the talking for him. and that's all we've gotten from this regime thus far anyway. expect the dome to be empty..again.
He brought the team HERE by making it a provision of his first 40% partnership purchase , second time I've posted that in this thread, you might want to consider facts instead of making baseless allegations like that.
The dome will be empty ,neither of us knows where the Rams will be playing in a new stadium here or elsewhere ,pretending to KNOW harms the pretenders cred.

V3

Hall of Fame
And then again he may have bought the land to sell it to the NFL,he owns a lot of land ,he could probably build a stadium in three or four markets that don't have an NFL franchise on land he owns
If you don't see that purchase as a power move by Kroenke, then I don't know what to tell you. You honestly believe that Kroenke bought that land for other reasons?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He's not referencing the whole fan base. He's citing that particular group....you know, like how many people here like to cite certain groups that hate Bradford, Fisher, etc.

Oh, I get that. But it's not only unnecessary, it's unprofessional. I'm guessing that Bernie has been affected by years of reading the posts over at RamsTalk or his own forum. Maybe he believes that's how the average fan discusses things.

If he was a member here at ROD he'd probably get banned pretty quickly for daily pissing off the other members. Honestly, what's so hard about making your point without getting in a nasty dig at someone else?

VARam

besides, which kroenke owned team has ever won anything of significance? that's the real problem for st. Louis AND L.A. Rams fans.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
besides, which kroenke owned team has ever won anything of significance? that's the real problem for st. Louis AND L.A. Rams fans.

Um, these guys did...

rams130%5B1%5D.jpg

MrMotes

Starter
Right, so he's completely silent AND absent, and yet somehow the Rams are "eyeing the LA market"??
Its absurd writing.

He did try to buy the Dodgers and recently bought land in a good spot for an NFL stadium, so i don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he's got his eyes on the L.A. market...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
His Avs won the Stanley Cup.I don't mind educating people ,and like Zig Zag says he was an owner during two SB appearances and ONCE AGAIN his buy in was contingent upon them MOVING HERE so it's a perfectly legitimate argument that but for Kroenke St.Louis would not have an NFL team to lose NOW.

There's an old saying "some people would bitch if you hung them with a new rope" it's an intriguing theory ,sometimes I'd like to give it a try

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd bet Fisher and the players had more to do with the riot outreach than Stan did. Let's not make the man a saint simply because he owns our favorite team, the same as not convicting him for his common sense silence on St. Louis.

Also, Bernie is in the news/entertainment business. If he wrote every piece like we would want him to, he'd be putting people to sleep on one hand and being accused of being a raging homer on the other. He writes that way because it's a BUSINESS the same as Stan's silence is business. Hate for one is just as silly as hate for the other.

Also, we don't need to rise up in defense of a billionaire. Play a little hard to get at least, fan base. Sheesh.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Considering what the Rams were from 2006 to 2011, the majority Stan Kroenke owned Rams have jumped leaped and bounds. No longer are we an after thought.

VARam

Considering what the Rams were from 2006 to 2011, the majority Stan Kroenke owned Rams have jumped leaped and bounds. No longer are we an after thought.
and still have posted consecutive losing seasons. sadly, this year won't be different.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'd bet Fisher and the players had more to do with the riot outreach than Stan did. Let's not make the man a saint simply because he owns our favorite team, the same as not convicting him for his common sense silence on St. Louis.

You don't know that.

Also, Bernie is in the news/entertainment business. If he wrote every piece like we would want him to, he'd be putting people to sleep on one hand and being accused of being a raging homer on the other. He writes that way because it's a BUSINESS the same as Stan's silence is business. Hate for one is just as silly as hate for the other.

Believe it or not it's possible to be an informative columnist with an opinion without coming across like a jilted lover in 90% of your pieces.

Also, we don't need to rise up in defense of a billionaire. Play a little hard to get at least, fan base. Sheesh.

Is it OK to rise up and defend millionaire players? I just want to know how much money a person is allowed to make before people can argue on their side.