Bernie: NFL ramps up efforts for LA team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

iced

On top of that, the Missouri native Kroenke has seemingly enjoyed tormenting his own fan base with his cold, calculated aloofness.

Meanwhile, Bernie continues to torture avid readers in the hopes of finding an article worth a shit instead of something they would use to wipe their ass with

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This whole situation makes me sick. Its like being falsely accused for murder and waiting for your sentencing. Yeah, you know you didn't do anything wrong, but the prosecution has compelling enough evidence to lock you away for life even though you know you are innocent. Meanwhile, your defense team is made up a bumbling buffoon (Nixon) and crony politicians (Slay, Dooley, and co.) who you are not sure even want you to get acquitted.

At some point, you wish it would just be over with. If they are leaving, fine, at least its an end. If they are staying, hooray! let's get back to what matters. The not knowing is the worst part for St. Louisians.

If there was a better citizen of the St.Louis area than Stan and Co during the Ferguson affair I'd like to know who it was.

One of my problems with Bernie's reportage is he uses the Shaw era to hammer his doom and gloom ,instead of giving Kroenke credit for outbidding Miami for Fisher ,giving him a near blank check for assistant coaches, and then being competitive in the best division in the NFL with the leagues youngest roster ,and if that doesn't depress the reader enough he then conjures the futility of the Bidwell years .

If the Rams leave ,I'll hold Bernie's drumbeat as partially responsible ,it happened with Bidwell too, Tom Barnadge and Rich Koster curse them wrote article after article mercilessly portraying Bidwell in a bad light . I see jealousy in these articles ,thank GOD Bernie doesn't own the team, we'd be changing coaches three times a year

Sum1

Hall of Fame
What do you expect SK to say?

"Hey STL, don't worry about anything, don't build a new stadium, I'm staying regardless of what happens".......

sorry but that's not how things work.
You are letting your Bernie bias get in the way. All that is saying is that Stan hasn't said ANYTHING. He isn't calling for him to give some blowhard nonsense, he's just saying Stan has been completely silent and absent. So yes, I agree with Bernie 100%...for those of us that are tied to the city it has been tormenting.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
If Stan doesn't get a new stadium here, the Rams are done in St. Louis. Ultimately I think it will be the Raiders that end up in Los Angeles and we'll have a nice new shiny stadium for our St. Louis Rams. Hopefully this recent admission of stepping up the NFL's efforts to move a team to L.A. will get something done here.

How is this a shot at Stan Kroenke?

It's a shot at St. Louisans who have been saying the team is going to move any time L.A. is mentioned.
You missed the word AND,I didn't quote the "shot" it's in the article if you read it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I just think if the Rams move to LA they will become the new Cowboys of the NFL. Everybody except Rams fans will hate them and talks about being Super Bowl contenders every god damn year will make me hate this team. I like not being in the spotlight. That's what made the GSOT so special.

Philly5

Rookie
According to Bernie Bradford stunk. Until his season ending injury turns us into a 4 win team, which he then manages to squeeze into his Rams to LA fairytale.

Seems to a few of the usual disconnects in that piece (OS).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If there was a better citizen of the St.Louis area than Stan and Co during the Ferguson affair I'd like to know who it was.

One of my problems with Bernie's reportage is he uses the Shaw era to hammer his doom and gloom ,instead of giving Kroenke credit for outbidding Miami for Fisher ,giving him a near blank check for assistant coaches, and then being competitive in the best division in the NFL with the leagues youngest roster ,and if that doesn't depress the reader enough he then conjures the futility of the Bidwell years .

If the Rams leave ,I'll hold Bernie's drumbeat as partially responsible ,it happened with Bidwell too, Tom Barnadge and Rich Koster curse them wrote article after article mercilessly portraying Bidwell in a bad light . I see jealousy in these articles ,thank GOD Bernie doesn't own the team, we'd be changing coaches three times a year

Now that you mention it it is irritating that he always brings up the Bidwells moving to AZ.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You are letting your Bernie bias get in the way. All that is saying is that Stan hasn't said ANYTHING. He isn't calling for him to give some blowhard nonsense, he's just saying Stan has been completely silent and absent. So yes, I agree with Bernie 100%...for those of us that are tied to the city it has been tormenting.

I understnad it isn't easy, I lived in CLE when the whole Browns thing went down, it was awful and I'm not a Browns fan.

Anyway it's more how Bernie turns a phrase. He didn't say it is difficult for fans to deal with the silence he said "On top of that, the Missouri native Kroenke has seemingly enjoyed tormenting his own fan base with his cold, calculated aloofness."

It's a shitty thing to say and isn't all that accurate to boot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right, so he's completely silent AND absent, and yet somehow the Rams are "eyeing the LA market"??
Its absurd writing.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
You missed the word AND,I didn't quote the "shot" it's in the article if you read it.

Gotcha. That wasn't clear.

Nothing Bernie writes surprises me anymore. He takes as many opportunities to take shots at as many people as he can.

After all, Bernie IS the story you know?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

But he has and still does judge it to be intentional and that's your blind spot.

bskrilla

Starter
According to Bernie Bradford stunk. Until his season ending injury turns us into a 4 win team, which he then manages to squeeze into his Rams to LA fairytale.

Seems to a few of the usual disconnects in that piece (OS).

Bernie was actually a pretty reasonable defender of Bradford. Never saw him say he stunk. I still don't get why everyone hates Bernie so fucking much.

Greg Stone

Rookie
"Kroenke wants us to fill his pockets with dollars"
That's some impressive mind reading there , tell me what I'm thinking

Hah, doesn't require mind reading, just look at his record. Kroenke is an astute businessman and as such seeks to maximize his long-term profit in each of is investments.

Also Thordaddy you are conflating building a team with commitment to St. Louis. Kroenke has been exemplary at building a team. He will judge whether his long-term investment will fare better in St. Louis, LA or elsewhere and when the team is in that place he will make a commitment to that city. My bet is LA, and I don't blame him if he moves the team there, although I will personally find it disappointing.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Bernie was actually a pretty reasonable defender of Bradford. Never saw him say he stunk. I still don't get why everyone hates Bernie so freaking much.
Because he's unprofessional, his articles are mostly to gain controversy with the trolls that populate his fiefdom at the PD Bernies Pukebox and Ramstalk, he takes shots to piss them off , and they take the bait.
I'm ready to see him permabanned here,

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@GreeneCounty - Link please. And it's ironic that you included this part at the end of the article...

Copyright 2014 stltoday.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:cool:

Btw Bernie just cannot resist getting a shot in at the fanbase. And yet he probably still wonders why so many detest him.

"the usual shrieking from Chicken Littles"

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Bernie was actually a pretty reasonable defender of Bradford. Never saw him say he stunk. I still don't get why everyone hates Bernie so freaking much.

Most of it comes from Bernie trying to make himself the story.

When Bernie was on the radio, you'll be hard pressed to find somebody who talks about himself as much as Bernie does, trying to make himself part of the story.

It's become increasingly evident in his writing as well as he often carries personal vendettas into his columns.

In short: Bernie, is a diva, with an over-inflated sense of self-worth.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I understnad it isn't easy, I lived in CLE when the whole Browns thing went down, it was awful and I'm not a Browns fan.

Anyway it's more how Bernie turns a phrase. He didn't say it is difficult for fans to deal with the silence he said "On top of that, the Missouri native Kroenke has seemingly enjoyed tormenting his own fan base with his cold, calculated aloofness."

It's a crappy thing to say and isn't all that accurate to boot.
I think how you take it says more about you than it does him. Pretty consistent thing on this forum seems to be the need to clutter up a thread that contains content from Bernie with a bunch of silly comments. Nitpicking over the way he phrases stuff is simply looking for stuff to get upset about. C'mon already...

V3

Hall of Fame
"And with at least three NFL franchises eyeing the Los Angeles market — San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis"

So on one hand, Kroenke hasnt said a word, but on the other the Rams have somehow been eyeing the LA market?
I havent seen one tangible, credible article showing any sort of interest in the LA market being "eyed" by the Rams.
What a farce

Kronke bought a parcel of land in L.A. where many have proposed a new stadium would go. That, to me, is a shot by Kronke showing the powers that be in St. Louis that he's serious and they need to start working on a new deal or he'll leave. It's a power move by Kronke, but I don't doubt for a second that if he doesn't get what he wants, he can find it somewhere else.