3rd Round | Pick 89, Rams select: QB Sean Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
This reminds me of the 2011 draft. Hit a HR in the first, then overdraft guys from then on out.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
I really wish they would have taken a gamble on Collins with that pick. Better odds he starts in the NFL than Mannion lol

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
If you watch the NFL draft tracker and click on Mannion and watch the video "Mannion has look of an NFL QB at pro day" Bucky Brooks nailed it on what type of HC would take him and when. Don't like the pick at this round but he could be good. Much rather have drafted more OL.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I can't say I really care. I would have been happy if the Rams didn't draft a QB in this draft. Petty, Hundley, Mannion and Grayson will all be lucky to be career backups. They're just not that good. Wish we hadn't of spent a 3rd on him. I'll cheer for him now though that he's a Ram.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I like the pick, he will develop into a great QB. The draft has been solid thus far.

Athos

Legend
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

One good player out of 4 taken.

Today killed my draft interest. Not watching tomorrow. At all. I'll follow again when the season starts. I'm beyond livid with the Mannion pick. The giving away Cann pick.

Terrible. Totally ruined. Time to devote my energies fully back to baseball for now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about Mannion but apparently Rams were wowed by his pro day workout. Outside of that I like both O line picks and Gurley. Looking forward to day 3 and just remember even if you hate it, its not 2006 draft class bad

This just makes it worse for me. Pro Day? Come on Rams. Watch the guy against actual defenses.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm in the minority here. I didn't want the Rams to draft a QB in this draft not named Winston, Mariota, or Marshall. But, if they had to draft one, I preferred Mannion over the rest of them though I would have hoped it would have been later. But, I've heared that some teams liked him as the #3 QB in this draft.

V3

Hall of Fame
I have no idea what people saw in Grayson. I didn't want any QB but if I had to pick one outside of MM or Winston, I think I'd go Mannion. He had a horrible OL and not many tools. A lot of his issues seem to be fixable things, too. I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NFL but that applies to every QB outside the top two.

I'll say it again, they messed up BIG when they didn't take Garappolo last year. This was a forced pick.

Athos

Legend
He had a horrible OL and not many tools.

No tools? lol. You mean no Brandin Cooks, who singlehandedly got Mannion drafted, I'm sorry, voodooed into being drafted, by the Rams.

No tools? Mannion has no tools as a QB from what I've seen. Words just can't describe how much this day has pissed me off.

Gurley was a great pick.

Then Spags/Devaney made a return visit.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
If the Rams had drafted an OL in the first round I would be much happier with this draft so far.
But, If Gurley fully recovers from his injury and plays like they say, and if the two OL they drafted can start and play well, and if the new QB plays well in preseason, and if the Rams draft another OL, and if Jones can start at C and play well, and if the new OC can develop and call good plays throughout the game and use Tavon correctly, Then I will happy with everything so far. Right now..... not too happy. Let's see how the first game goes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea what people saw in Grayson. I didn't want any QB but if I had to pick one outside of MM or Winston, I think I'd go Mannion. He had a horrible OL and not many tools. A lot of his issues seem to be fixable things, too. I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NFL but that applies to every QB outside the top two.

I'll say it again, they messed up BIG when they didn't take Garappolo last year. This was a forced pick.

Yep. No tools. In 2012, he had Markus Wheaton AND Brandin Cooks. That's a 3rd round pick and a 1st round pick at WR. What did he do? Got benched for a guy named Cody Vaz because of his mediocre play and turnovers.

He started for four years. The guy had one year where he wasn't mediocre statistically. And even in that year where his stats look great, Brandin Cooks playing out of his mind had a lot to do with it. Mannion played well but he didn't play as good as the stats suggest.

The other three years? :sick:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Really questionable pick, I liked him before the 2014 season started but he's really gonna have to red-shirt for a couple of years with everything falling in his favor if he ever wants to be a quality QB.

Athos

Legend
Jack-Nicholson.gif

V3

Hall of Fame
No tools? lol. You mean no Brandin Cooks, who singlehandedly got Mannion drafted, I'm sorry, voodooed into being drafted, by the Rams.

No tools? Mannion has no tools as a QB from what I've seen. Words just can't describe how much this day has pissed me off.

Gurley was a great pick.

Then Spags/Devaney made a return visit.
I meant this year. Cook was last year.

V3

Hall of Fame
Yep. No tools. In 2012, he had Markus Wheaton AND Brandin Cooks. That's a 3rd round pick and a 1st round pick at WR. What did he do? Got benched for a guy named Cody Vaz because of his mediocre play and turnovers.

He started for four years. The guy had one year where he wasn't mediocre statistically. And even in that year where his stats look great, Brandin Cooks playing out of his mind had a lot to do with it. Mannion played well but he didn't play as good as the stats suggest.

The other three years? :sick:
That was last year. I'm talking about this year.

And like I said, I didn't like any of the QB's and didn't want any of them. It was a reach for need because they F'd up last year.