2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Rams worked out Morse..guess they new something..from watching him just looks like a center or maybe a guard

Hags got a very solid lineman last year in Justin Britt. I wouldn't have any problem with Morse. He was never part of the problem for Missouri's line. That was a bunch of other really shitty guys. He's big time farm boy strong and smart to boot.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's talented and glad he's not undersized anymore, but I don't see him being worth that. That's early for him when there's other guys that are, in my opinion, superior.

I take this back. The more I watch him, the more I love his game. Very very impressive footwork and athleticism. If he can keep the weight on, I see big things for him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just watched the kid at the combine, I was wrong on the spelling, it's "Marpet" but your right, I figure him for great OG depth in the 3rd round!!

lol knew something was off but was to tired to figure it out. He did great at the senior bowl and has had a good combine. I want him!.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll be interested in seeing the SPARQ numbers for the WRs as well as the full OL class...

I really think that the plan right now is to trade down unless one of the WRs falls. I don't think there's a chance in heaven that Cooper falls to us, but there's a sliver of a chance that White does because some defenders will rise.

I honestly think that if Long is willing to come back at LG and Barks can be resigned, then we may only need to draft a C/OG and they may be looking for a pretty good one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I could very well see the Rams go:

1) WR
2) QB
3) C/OG
5) OT/OG
7) BPA

Now, I think if we did that, a number of folks here might just go crazy, especially if that QB were Hundley or the OLs in the 3rd and 5th weren't guys they were super excited about. Still... that not so good feeling I have in my gut tells me that Jake Long is coming back...and on the inside, no less.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be interested in seeing the SPARQ numbers for the WRs as well as the full OL class...

I really think that the plan right now is to trade down unless one of the WRs falls. I don't think there's a chance in heaven that Cooper falls to us, but there's a sliver of a chance that White does because some defenders will rise.

I honestly think that if Long is willing to come back at LG and Barks can be resigned, then we may only need to draft a C/OG and they may be looking for a pretty good one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

1) WR
2) QB
3) C/OG
5) OT/OG
7) BPA

Now, I think if we did that, a number of folks here might just go crazy, especially if that QB were Hundley or the OLs in the 3rd and 5th weren't guys they were super excited about. Still... that not so good feeling I have in my gut tells me that Jake Long is coming back...and on the inside, no less.

If that happens, we still need two OLs imo.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If that happens, we still need two OLs imo.

I don't disagree with you at all. It's why I have this bad feeling... I think if Long comes back we'll need more QBs as well, due to him getting our QBs injured.

I'm just really NOT liking the language that entertains for a moment that Long is coming back. I'd love to hear that both Long and Wells are basically out of the building, but I realize that to say that tells too much about our FA and draft needs. If it looks like we may have both back, then we don't at least SEEM as needy going into FA and then after the initial FA period, we'll have a better idea what our draft will look like and again, I doubt they'll flush anyone unless they need to for cap reasons.

I just know that come the Preseason, if Jake Long is one of our OGs and we haven't gotten super lucky and hit on some UDFA OGs, then it won't matter about much of anything else, we're looking at Sam getting injured early and another season of backup QBs and muted expectations...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
D.J. Humphries is getting a lot of love. Some are claiming him to be a top 15-20 pick. I think that would be a mistake. IMO, his best case scenario is ending up in Atlanta, Denver, or Green Bay in the late 1st to early 2nd. He's incredibly gifted as a pass protector but he's very skinny in the lower half and that lack of lower body strength makes him ineffective at generating movement in the run game. Plus, he has had trouble staying healthy and keeping weight on.

I also want to say as a UF student that it amazes me that Humphries is getting the love he is but Chaz Green is getting no love at all. Green, like Humphries, has durability issues but he's incredibly gifted as well. Humphries is a better pass protector but Green blows him away as a run blocker. Plus, unlike Humphries who played in the 280s and 290s at UF, Green can maintain his weight in the 305-315 range. He has the athleticism to play either OT spot and I have a feeling that he'll develop into a quality starter at either LT or RT in the NFL if he stays healthy.

The weird thing is that Green is usually listed as a 6th/7th/UDFA while Humphries is being considered a 1st/2nd rounder. I've watched both guys...Green is every bit as good. Humphries is smoother in pass pro but Green is no slouch. He's quick out of his stance, gets great depth on the initial step, guards well against counter moves, has excellent range on the edge, and sits comfortably in his stance(no stiffness at all). My only major qualms with him as a pass protector are that he doesn't have elite balance like Humphries and he needs to do a better job of locking onto defenders rather than trying to slug it out with them.

But in the run game, it's a completely different story. Green generates movement and is lightning quick when it comes to getting himself into position.

In the athletic testing at the Combine, Green's numbers aren't far off from Humphries':
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107947&draftyear=2015&genpos=OT
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123570&draftyear=2015&genpos=OT

Plus, Green's measurables check out. His arm length is adequate(around 33.5 inches), his hands are massive(nearly 11 inches), and he has enough height to play outside(just under 6'5") with requisite power and strength to potentially play OG or at least provide depth at OG.

Very underrated player. If we can come away with him on Day 3, we're stealing a player.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hags got a very solid lineman last year in Justin Britt. I wouldn't have any problem with Morse. He was never part of the problem for Missouri's line. That was a bunch of other really crappy guys. He's big time farm boy strong and smart to boot.

Morse isn't nearly the lineman that Britt was, and I thought, as usual, that the Hags overdrafted the latter. In my honest opinion, the best lineman was Boehm, and he had a down year last year. Britt and Copeland (who I thought should have gotten at least a look as an undrafted free agent) helped them both a lot. It also helped that we had a more solid running game (with Josey, Murphy, and Hansbrough sharing carries) and better receivers than what we had (although Sasser and Hunt were good at times, they didn't have the consistency that Washington and Lucas had, nor did they have the talent that DGB showed). And Mauk is a terrible, terrible excuse for a quarterback, and if we go with him as the starter over Printz or Hosick, I'm not going to watch a single offensive down for Mizzou.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

1) WR
2) QB
3) C/OG
5) OT/OG
7) BPA

I'm just not a fan of Lon returning and starting anywhere. Coming off back to back ACLs his skills have clearly deteriorated and we'd need insurance even if he started with hi injury history the past 4 years. We can easily upgrade with a OG in FA or the draft that is younger, more athletic, and likely cheaper. I'd be ok with resigning Barks if it turns out his market isn't as high as he'd hope.

I'd be disappointed if we did the above. Drafting a NEED instead of BPA is a terrible strategy. Especially when I don't like any QBs after Winston/Mariota. Imo our 2nd round pick is still premium talent, I wouldn't waste it on a project like Petty/Hundley/etc. If we resign Barks I'd go:

1)White/Cooper/Parker
2)Cann/Tomlinson
3)C/TE/LB

Athos

Legend
Morse isn't nearly the lineman that Britt was, and I thought, as usual, that the Hags overdrafted the latter. In my honest opinion, the best lineman was Boehm, and he had a down year last year. Britt and Copeland (who I thought should have gotten at least a look as an undrafted free agent) helped them both a lot. It also helped that we had a more solid running game (with Josey, Murphy, and Hansbrough sharing carries) and better receivers than what we had (although Sasser and Hunt were good at times, they didn't have the consistency that Washington and Lucas had, nor did they have the talent that DGB showed). And Mauk is a terrible, terrible excuse for a quarterback, and if we go with him as the starter over Printz or Hosick, I'm not going to watch a single offensive down for Mizzou.

Gatti was the most important lineman last year, as evidenced by what happened after he went down. Very good OG. Morse isn't a stud by any means and Britt may have been an over draft in the 2nd, but I don't ever recall him playing badly or hearing bad things about his play. Boehm is the best lineman though over all, who also had some issues, particularly after Gatti's injury. Boehm will be the answer at C for some team in 2016.

Mauk is a trashy QB though. Pisses me off more than Gabbert ever did.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sammie Coates did a nice job catching in those drills. The biggest concern about him is his hands, they're known to be pretty terrible. Hopefully it's just concentration issues because he's talented. I still wouldn't touch him until like 4th round though.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
At his size, like 237 pounds, that's pretty fast.
He played at around 222 lbs while at mizzou and reportable ran a faster 40. That 15 lbs might of added some time to his 40. Not that it's a Bad time, just remember reading many times he was supposed to be able to run a low 4.4, high 4.3.

For his size, 4.49 is great

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He played at around 222 lbs while at mizzou and reportable ran a faster 40. That 15 lbs might of added some time to his 40. Not that it's. Bad time, just remember reading many times he was supposed to be able to run a low 4.4, high 4.3.

It definitely proves he's a top athlete. He's a natural hands catcher too, has that size teams covet, very smooth change in direction to run routes or make people miss, great at highpointing the ball, just an overall elite prospect. I think somebody is going to take a chance on him real early.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It definitely proves he's a top athlete. He's a natural hands catcher too, has that size teams covet, very smooth change in direction to run routes or make people miss, great at highpointing the ball, just an overall elite prospect. I think somebody is going to take a chance on him real early.
I agree, at the rate he is climbing, it won't be the big 3 in terms of wr's, it will be the big 4.

Athos

Legend
He played at around 222 lbs while at mizzou and reportable ran a faster 40. That 15 lbs might of added some time to his 40. Not that it's a Bad time, just remember reading many times he was supposed to be able to run a low 4.4, high 4.3.

Unless that added muscle really influenced his speed, I have a hard time believing DGB is the same speed as Cook. I've seen a lot of Cook now, and saw every game DGB was in.........and DGB just straight up played faster. No way Cook can take a little sideline screen, bring it, literally, across the width of the field, while beating every guy on the field, and pick up 15-20 yards downfield like I've seen Beckham do.

Beckham certainly plays at least closer to a 4.44 or so.