2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't there been some reports that Winston "looks flabby?"

Winston is an easy target. He weighed in 5 pounds lighter than Bradford at about the same height.

He might have had a tad too much bad weight 6 weeks ago but definitely not yesterday.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@TonyPauline: Word from the combine is the St Louis Rams will be targeting linebackers early in the draft.

Athos

Legend
LBs, as in plural?

Not sure I like the sound of that.....even though our LBs COULD be improved...I'll be pissed if we go LB before Oline.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I can't remember Sneed ever tipping his hand before .... Feels like smoke more than anything else.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks like D.J. Humphries is likely to go in the top 40 or so picks.

That will be a shock jrry32 after all the concern this past yr looking like a skinny TE. Wonder how he was able to get that poundage on him...& wondering if its fat or muscle. Have you had a chance to see him around your location lately?

Haven't there been some reports that Winston "looks flabby?"

Aren't steamed crab legs usually soaked in pure butter & squeeze lemons?

@TonyPauline: Word from the combine is the St Louis Rams will be targeting linebackers early in the draft.
:(

If that turns out to be true then the Mark Barron trade of using two 2015 draft picks for just a back up SS when Snead drafted two in the 2014 draft & has a future all pro already starting makes little sense to me.

Snead has one of the best QB'ing leader LB'ers in the NFL with JL & used a first rd 2013 pick on Alex Ogletree who is also a future star plus his DC does not start 3 LB'ers on his base defense. Snead also has two good back ups in Dunbar & Bates under contract this season.

Can Snead even field a starting OL unit much less any back ups?

Last edited:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
That will be a shock jrry32 after all the concern this past yr looking like a skinny TE. Wonder how he was able to get that poundage on him...& wondering if its fat or muscle. Have you had a chance to see him around your location lately?

Aren't steamed crab legs usually soaked in pure butter & squeeze lemons?
Oh Hell that Combine commentators have him as 1st LT of the board. after a hour of workouts.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Cann, Collins, and Erving looked good in the first group. I like their feet, and I like their film. Flowers looked OK, struggled on the right side. Jake Fisher surprised, all around. Clemmings looked good in the drills.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Oh Hell that Combine commentators have him as 1st LT of the board. after a hour of workouts.
I think that is premature, but his weight is in the right place. He's not skinny anymore, and most of his weight is on his backside. He looks like a guard, or RT to me.

Christ, that body on Peat...sorry, but just starting the 2nd group.

Last edited:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I think that is premature, but his weight is in the right place. He's not skinny anymore, and most of his weight is on his backside. He looks like a guard, or RT to me.

Christ, that body on Peat...sorry, but just starting the 2nd group.

We talking good or bad on Peat?? I thought I read he was just a pure LT. Do you think he could play RT and be a good run blocker??

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Winston has weakness in his shoulder? does this cause him to drop any?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We talking good or bad on Peat?? I thought I read he was just a pure LT. Do you think he could play RT and be a good run blocker??
He's absolutely massive, with room to grow. Moves pretty good for his size, his legs are like tree trunks, and he has no ankles. He could play either OT, and I think he will only improve. I've seen him play with a little mean streak too. He does have some belly weight, but I'm not worried about that. I don't know if we would pick him, because I don't see him as being Guard versatile, but he would be OT versatile.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Peat's a more dominant run blocker than pass blocker at this point. He could definitely play RT but I feel like if he made it to us, he'd have more value as a trade chip. But I doubt he makes it that far.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LBs, as in plural?

Not sure I like the sound of that.....even though our LBs COULD be improved...I'll be pissed if we go LB before Oline.

I'm assuming they mean that they're looking at multiple LBs, not drafting multiple LBs. Because if he means drafting, he's full of poop.

I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed Paul Dawson in the 2nd, though. Especially if we trade down in the first.

thehammer

Rookie
nfl.com is posting short times....as a group TE/OL awful!!

Collins short times along with 21 lift makes him a 2nd rounder last year....Fisher, Eving, Mitch Morse, Sambrailo, Glowinski and Marpet did ok....

looks like the numbers are making this group look medioce at best

wilh a couple of more numbers Peat numbers similar to Jack Mewhort who went 59th last year Gallik and Harrison tested ok ... but no Bitonio's so far

expected Thomlinson not to test well and his 4.87 short shuttle is bad but good vertical avg broadjump Fisher and Marpet and Morse did the best...Fisher tested as a solid 1st rd pick

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Unless you are including Scherff - I think he has a pretty strong case.
Schreff was looking real good, before he pulled up. Very smooth athlete that can play 4 positions on the OL, IMO. He would be a good fit on our team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Collins short times along with 21 lift makes him a 2nd rounder last year....Fisher, Eving, Mitch Morse, Sambrailo, Glowinski and Marpet did ok....

The link in the OP also keeps track of 40 times.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

TE's looked awful, as you said, and the OT's don't look great compared to last year, but I thought the Guards, or "could be" Guards looked pretty good, IMO. Do you have any other info on Morse, I haven't seen much of him?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Peat's a more dominant run blocker than pass blocker at this point. He could definitely play RT but I feel like if he made it to us, he'd have more value as a trade chip. But I doubt he makes it that far.
He may be the first OT picked, and I see a high ceiling with him, and he's more pro ready than most of the OT's in this draft.

jjab360

Legend
I want Peat or Scherff in the 1st, rest of the OL class is a little underwhelming tbh.