1st Round | Pick 10, Rams select: RB Todd Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Congratulations. You just passed on Andrus Peat and DeVante Parker to pee pee off Tre Mason. Well done, Snisher.
Because Mason's feelings are more important than getting the player who helps us win the most games? :confused:

rdw

Pro Bowler
Because Mason's feelings are more important than getting the player who helps us win the most games? :confused:
No because apparently Snisher didn't draft OL and now there's no time or players left to sign and draft to play OL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, I don't care about that. I care that we freaking passed on two players that we needed for someone that we didn't. Horrible, horrible pick.

I have posted before that I didn't think RB was our best investment. And... Not a fan of RB's early in today's NFL.

But; these guys evaluate talent for a living. If you watch Gurley, you watch enough football to see the kid's talent.

I don't pick for need, unless the talent is nearly equal. It appears Gurley was many steps above.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Well, having Barksdale and Blalock blocking for a guy who already has an ACL injury is a fan-fucking-tastic way to win games. What do you want me to say about this pick? That it's good? That's not happening.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
All I can say is, the unexpected is what you usually see when your pants are around your ankles.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Well, having Barksdale and Blalock blocking for a guy who already has an ACL injury is a fan-freaking-tastic way to win games. What do you want me to say about this pick? That it's good? That's not happening.

PLENTY of time to sign and draft OL.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have posted before that I didn't think RB was our best investment. And... Not a fan of RB's early in today's NFL.

But; these guys evaluate talent for a living. If you watch Gurley, you watch enough football to see the kid's talent.

I don't pick for need, unless the talent is nearly equal. It appears Gurley was many steps above.

Many steps above on their board. Apparently he was the number one player on their board over Williams, Cooper, and White. Shows me a great deal about how stuck in the 1890s they really are.

DthOn2Legs

Rookie
Gurley is an exciting pick. While it kind of diminishes Mason's 3rd round value and puts Stacy's career as a Ram in jeopardy, I think it was a better selection than taking the 3rd-best WR or OLineman. Maybe Stacy can turn into Lorenzo Neal 2.0

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Many people weren't happy when we picked Mason last year because we had Stacy, well Mason was better. Gurley has AP type talent. We all know what Faulk did for us , Gurley can be that guy. Can't fault the team that gets the most talented player. Parker was the only guy outside Gurley worth taking at 10.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
"I like the Marshawn Lynch comparison. St. Louis wants to win games the same way that Seattle and San Francisco do in the same division, that is by running the football and playing great defense and special teams. Gurley has Olympic-type speed. I love this pick for St. Louis, which already has a great defense and Gurley will help out Nick Foles." -- Mike Mayock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/todd-gurley?id=2552475

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Many steps above on their board. Apparently he was the number one player on their board over Williams, Cooper, and White. Shows me a great deal about how stuck in the 1890s they really are.

The NFL was formed in 1920.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The Browns just passed us like we are a stalled bus!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Except for the fact that without the knee injury, he was inarguably a top 5 talent in this class. If they're not concerned about the knee, there's no reason why he couldn't be up there.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Except for the fact that without the knee injury, he was inarguably a top 5 talent in this class. If they're not concerned about the knee, there's no reason why he couldn't be up there.

But he has it nonetheless. An ACL no less. And we already had a damn running game. We still need an offensive line, but apparently, Fisher still thinks that you only need six players on the fucking field to win.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But he has it nonetheless. An ACL no less. And we already had a damn running game. We still need an offensive line, but apparently, Fisher still thinks that you only need six players on the freaking field to win.

He has it. The Rams evaluated it. They disagreed with you. Why don't you wait until after the draft before complaining about the OL? You have no idea what the plans are.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This fits Fishers style. The Rams now have a center piece franchise player to build their offense around. If you believe Fisher is the right coach for this team then you have to like this pick because it's plays to his strength as a coach.

With the knee, now he had NFL doctors to take care of it and he will be ready to go sooner than most probably expect.

The Rams just drafted potentially an elite talent that we can now build around. The Rams will address the oline soon enough, there is still plenty of picks left.

I finally see the identity of this offense, something we have not seen in about 10 years.

Memento

Name
Jemma
He has it. The Rams evaluated it. They disagreed with you. Why don't you wait until after the draft before complaining about the OL? You have no idea what the plans are.

When they had arguably the best offensive lineman on the board and they passed on him for a guy who isn't fully healthy (because regardless of what Gurley is compared to, Adrian Peterson, he is not.) He's going to take a while to recuperate. They want Blalock and Barksdale. Fisher himself said that he's not concerned about the offensive line.