With the 160 pick in the draft the Rams select Obo Okowronko DE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Very happy with this pick. Obo is a perfect fit for what we're doing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very happy with this pick. Obo is a perfect fit for what we're doing.

Yeah that was obviously my favorite pick for spot/value in this draft for us. He is going to prove to be a steal where they got him.

Rocko

UDFA
Some posters were calling him "mOOse" in the draft thread. Great nicname for a player who is going to have a solid career with the Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah that was obviously my favorite pick for spot/value in this draft for us. He is going to prove to be a steal where they got him.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo could be the biggest steal of the 2018 NFL Draft
By: Cameron DaSilva

Before the 2018 NFL Draft began, several mocks had the Los Angeles Rams selecting outside linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the third round at No. 87 overall. Appearing to be a perfect fit in Wade Phillips’ scheme and visiting the Rams in the pre-draft process, Okoronkwo looked like a top target for Los Angeles.

Him landing with the Rams wasn’t necessarily about whether they wanted him or not. It was more a matter of whether he would still be around when they went on the clock. Pick No. 87 came around and Okoronkwo was on the board. Instead of taking him, the Rams traded down to 89 and selected Joseph Noteboom, a tackle out of TCU.

For the rest of this good article click below:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...les-rams-ogbonnia-okoronkwo-round-5-analysis/

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Can anyone tell me why this dude fell to the 5th round? I had a 3rd round grade on him only because he's a little bit of a one trick pony at this point. But there's no reason for him to have fallen like that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can anyone tell me why this dude fell to the 5th round? I had a 3rd round grade on him only because he's a little bit of a one trick pony at this point. But there's no reason for him to have fallen like that.

No idea. I would guess it's a relative thing on the big board. His film isn't overpowering, but for round 3+ he looked damn good to my eye at least.

In midrounds the edge types you're gonna get are imperfect. But he's smooth in drops and sets the edge nicely, also has good range and open field tackling. IMO if you're lookin for a guy who might be a diamond in the rough under our staff he's on that list. Here's a vid I put up for him in the OLB thread earlier on:

View: https://youtu.be/Jou0Ak8n8T4

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
No idea. I would guess it's a relative thing on the big board. His film isn't overpowering, but for round 3+ he looked damn good to my eye at least.

In midrounds the edge types you're gonna get are imperfect. But he's smooth in drops and sets the edge nicely, also has good range and open field tackling. IMO if you're lookin for a guy who might be a diamond in the rough under our staff he's on that list. Here's a vid I put up for him in the OLB thread earlier on:

View: https://youtu.be/Jou0Ak8n8T4

I agree with everything you said. I just won' consider him a diamond in the rough. That would be like a Chris Harris. A player you never expected to be good. I fully antipate Obo to be a beast from day one.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
CBS had him ranked 15th

Often compared to Elvis Dumervil - looks eerily similar, sudden, strong, has an array of moves, good timing, doesn't always come straight away - has a great feel for gaps, relentless and smart

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah he will be rushing the QB as a OLB in Wades 3-4. I am with everyone else, I love this pick.
It seems pretty obvious that he was an outside linebacker from where he played, size etc. but every write-up I could find, no one would just say "3-4 outside linebacker".

So many fancy-schmancy ways to describe his job but we can't just come out and be simple and say 3-4 outside linebacker?

I hope he is also good at stopping the run.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This guy was a steal , I can see him being the day 1 starter at olb.

I am nervous with potentially Barron being our only experience starting linebacker next year.

High potential with ebukam, kiser and Obo, let's see if wade can work his magic

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
All of the impact rookies will be defensive players.
That's a really cool prospect because we need to have our defense really tighten up this year if we want to make it through the playoffs.
How these rookies play this year is really important.

We don't even want to see those offensive lineman starting any games.
:D

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

Before the 2018 NFL Draft began, several mocks had the Los Angeles Rams selecting outside linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the third round at No. 87 overall. Appearing to be a perfect fit in Wade Phillips’ scheme and visiting the Rams in the pre-draft process, Okoronkwo looked like a top target for Los Angeles.

Him landing with the Rams wasn’t necessarily about whether they wanted him or not. It was more a matter of whether he would still be around when they went on the clock. Pick No. 87 came around and Okoronkwo was on the board. Instead of taking him, the Rams traded down to 89 and selected Joseph Noteboom, a tackle out of TCU.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...les-rams-ogbonnia-okoronkwo-round-5-analysis/
With our DL ... any one of us could get sacks from the outsode. these guys they are getting are going ton WRECK the league. Had these guys gone to other teams with Avg. to slightly above Avg. interior DL .. they might be considered "projects. Donald/Suh/Brockers and any other combination of our great depth is going to leave these guys with 1 on 1 opportunities and even at times, a free run. Our DB's can cover anybody. Our ILB position and depth have become much improved ... We gonna ROCK this yr. Absolutely CRUSH!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Pretty sure I said this somewhere... so I have to agree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CBS had him ranked 15th

Often compared to Elvis Dumervil - looks eerily similar, sudden, strong, has an array of moves, good timing, doesn't always come straight away - has a great feel for gaps, relentless and smart

I'd compare him to Junior Galette. There are a lot of similarities in how they attack.