What Giants Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Another question: Why do some of these guys want Spags as their coach? He was awful as coach of the Rams had no clue on how to run an offense.
They want Spags because he would be better than what they have now!:LOL:

jap

Legend
They don't know how truly bad Little Napoleon was. I still remember the guy's inability to attract quality assistant coaches. That speaks volumes.

I just want the W. The Giants are better than their record. We need to make this another statement game.

Every game is suppose to be a statement game. My only real concern with the G-men is that historically they have always played us very physically. Of course, you know we are going to be physical too. However, I would hate to have a major injury to a key player anytime this season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that I speak for any sort of majority but the Giants fans I know are complimentary of the Rams and want nothing to do with Spags.
Giants D was terrible 2 years ago, great last year and mediocre at best this year.
Matt Patricia seems the most popular name I hear

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this is why I wanted Spags to be HC (I must add my LOL here and be careful what you wish for - PT)
Well, suspect that if they fire McAdo, Spagnuolo would be interim. Then, they'd (the fans) know more.

If they hire Fisher he will set back their franchise a minimum of 5 years.
There, fixed it for you.

Spagnuolo was bad... but he left a few pieces for Fisher and only hung around for 3 seasons.

Fisher left more pieces for McVay but wasted five years.

Not sure who, of the two, was worse.

Ants

Starter
N

Brett Jones, C (73%) Grade: A-

Beaten for a big Manning fumble in Week 7, but Jones’ strong play at center in Weston Richburg’s absence has been eye-opening.

Wait a minute...is this the same Brett Jones that we drafted a few years ago? Center from Alabama?
...or am I thinking about someone else?
:cautious:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I hoe we approach the game with level heads, last time I was overconfident we were going to whoop someone we got beaten by the 49ers...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been listening to 98.7 ESPN New York, and it's "the sky is falling" time, over there. For one, they are WAY too full of themselves, talking about sustaining the "Giants Way" and maintaining a "Championship culture." They think Eli is still the greatest thing since chicken parm. and everyone else sucks.... They have a satirical take on the team after a soap opera, the latest entry is about Janoris, who they say "had a full bye week off, and still needed to take an unauthorized day off without calling anybody..." ouch. The station commentators (one is a former Giants player) are pretty much saying clean house of everyone except Eli..GM, HC, Coaches, Oline...the waterboy....

They laughed at the idea of the Giants beating the Rams.....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hoe we approach the game with level heads, last time I was overconfident we were going to whoop someone we got beaten by the 49ers...
To say that everything is different my man, is an understatement. You can't compare Fisher preparation vs McVay's

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
To say that everything is different my man, is an understatement. You can't compare Fisher preparation vs McVay's

True, but I don't think the Giants are as bad as their record states either. I hate these games which should be walk-overs...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Giants are on the ropes. That locker room is close to quitting. I seriously doubt the Rams will overlook them, so I fully expect the game to be hard-fought early with the Rams pulling away and winning comfortably.

What is dangerous about them is Manning. He's very streaky, so if he gets a hot hand going we're in for a tough game. But this time around I think the Rams are the better team, and they'll go in there hungry and get 'er done.

No reason why we shouldn't win this one by a couple TDs. This might be the game that gets McAdork fired.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but I don't think the Giants are as bad as their record states either. I hate these games which should be walk-overs...
Their team is a dumpsterfire, and not just because of the record.....Lack of discipline, and almost giving up on the year already...You aught to hear the guys in NYC talk about the team they love...Reminds me of our two win season a few years ago.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Giants are on the ropes. That locker room is close to quitting. I seriously doubt the Rams will overlook them, so I fully expect the game to be hard-fought early with the Rams pulling away and winning comfortably.

What is dangerous about them is Manning. He's very streaky, so if he gets a hot hand going we're in for a tough game. But this time around I think the Rams are the better team, and they'll go in there hungry and get 'er done.

No reason why we shouldn't win this one by a couple TDs. This might be the game that gets McAdork fired.
Their Oline is garbage, according to ESPN New York and they worry about Eli finishing the season without getting killed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The guys on ESPN said the Giants don't have even one drafted player in two consecutive drafts left on the team (think it was 2015-2016 drafts) and they had to pick up guys like Jenkins because of it........

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Their Oline is garbage, according to ESPN New York and they worry about Eli finishing the season without getting killed.

Agreed. But IMO Manning getting hot is their only chance, unlikely as it is. Only thing keeping me from getting overconfident is that this is the defense that made Hoyer look like Joe Montana. But again since they've improved greatly week to week I am very confident in this game.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is dangerous about them is Manning. He's very streaky, so if he gets a hot hand going we're in for a tough game.
Problem is... he's lost his two best targets.. not that Engram and Shepard are bad, per se... but they really don't strike fear into the hearts of DCs.

It's just a mess in NY... I listen to WFAN most nights falling asleep... it's just a mess.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oline is garbage, they have no WR and nobody fears their running game.
And Eli is actually having a decent, albeit unspectacular, season.
If anything, maybe the dude gets a little respect out of this horrid year.
Amazing he hasnt missed a snap since they scre.. I mean benched Warner for him

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-...nts-football/2995110-don-t-go-to-the-ram-game

Don't go to the ram game...

This is going to anger some on here but if you really want to let Mara know how you feel, don't show up or sell your tix to a Ram fan on Stubhub. The only way he will make a change is if he's seeing empty seats in his stadium with half the season to go. You wouldn't spend your hard earned dollars at a restaurant if the food was bad. And what they are serving up at Metlife is as bad as it gets.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-...ants-football/2994883-defense-kind-of-sux-too

Defense kind of sux too

Sorry wanted spags. But no longer.

Look at other dc's with way less talent.

Rod marienelli
Jim swartz

We loaded spags with talent and yes last year we did well but other dc's do well with a lot less talent. I give spags and this defense a big d minus if not a f.

Just a soft quiet defense. Sadly I like a lot of our defenders. I wonder if on other teams how they would do.

Dump special teams coach and spags next year.

I doubt Mac is going anywhere
--------
yes, this disaster has been a team effort.
---------
This is just the chickens coming home to roost for Reese!
He grossly overpaid Vernon and Jenkins, and I was crossing both my fingers and toes, that they would let JPP walk, because he was done long before he blew up his hand.

Giving him that monster deal was all the proof I needed, that Reese and this front office all have their heads up their *****!!!
65 million to JPP, and all he does anymore is talk a good game.
---------
I can't recall the last time our defense caused confusion and frustration for an offense. Every offense seems to know what's coming.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-g...ants-on-field-struggles-shouldnt-be-a-shocker

With their off-field woes, Giants' on-field struggles shouldn't be shocking

The on-field product for the New York Giants has been poor this season. That’s not even debatable. They were out of playoff contention before the start of November. As if that wasn't enough, they’re becoming equally embarrassing with the drama off the field.

The Giants have suspended two cornerbacks in the past three weeks. That’s more suspensions in October than the Dallas Cowboys, who seemed to dominate the market from March to September.

Janoris Jenkins’ tardiness following the bye week is the latest stain on the Giants franchise. He was suspended indefinitely Tuesday for a violation of team rules after a no-show for Monday's practice without informing any of the team’s coaches. Just three weeks earlier, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was also suspended for a violation of teams rules.

“As a member of this team, there are standards and we have responsibilities and obligations,” coach Ben McAdoo said in a statement on Tuesday. “When we don’t fulfill those obligations, there are consequences. As I have said before, we do not like to handle our team discipline publicly. There are times when it is unavoidable, and this is one of those times.”

The Giants (1-6) under McAdoo are spiraling out of control. Their discipline is continually coming into question. They may be playing hard when they’re on the field, but there seems to be too much going on off of it for them to be a winning football team. It's creating an impression that nobody respects or listens to McAdoo.

Players who spoke to ESPN about the situation have offered up explanations ranging from some players not caring anymore now that the season is lost to a lack of overall respect for McAdoo and some of his coaching staff, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

McAdoo, meanwhile, is trying to rectify the situation, but it may be too late. He has suddenly turned into a disciplinarian midway through his second season. The damage may already have been done.

It’s all coming up messes for the Giants this year. Their coach can’t be happy this is happening on his watch. Their star player, Odell Beckham Jr., is injured and unhappy without a long-term contract. Ownership has to be uncomfortable that the fan base is vocally discouraged and irate.

The messes keep surfacing, and they are not new. They were there last year with Josh Brown, the walkie-talkie incident, Victor Cruz’s unhappiness and the boat trip. But the Giants were mostly able to camouflage them with victories. They won 11 games and ended a five-year playoff drought.

Not this time around. The season is lost and the fans are drifting. Eleven wins isn’t even mathematically possible and there seems to be a general lack of institutional control. That is the most concerning part of all. These are all red flags that will only irk the Maras and Tisches, and could ultimately cost general manager Jerry Reese and McAdoo their jobs.

Reese delivered a convoluted message (it’s my fault, but it’s also everyone else’s fault) to the fan base last week. McAdoo stood at the podium Monday and said the absences of Jenkins, running back Paul Perkins and cornerback Eli Apple were for personal reasons. They were all excused from practice.

But McAdoo hadn’t heard from Jenkins up to that point. He was caught in an awkward situation but ultimately didn’t tell the truth. Jenkins was not excused from practice.

This situation is just the latest example of the Giants’ overall dysfunction. They’ve already been offensively inept for much of the past two seasons and it was only several weeks back that McAdoo made a strange comment that people thought special teams weren’t important to the locker room. That thought never crossed the minds of anyone on the outside, but it made it to McAdoo’s public message. The problems may be deeper than originally thought.

At this point, the players don’t appear to be buying into the program. It is McAdoo’s job to get them all on board, and he has nine weeks to make it happen. It's Reese’s job to assemble the pieces in the locker room. Some of the questionable characters may be showing their true colors.

“One hundred percent we’re on the same page,” McAdoo said earlier in the week of his relationship with Reese. “We’re tied at the hip.”

Fine. They’re both responsible for this current mess.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/11...e-underdogs-at-home-point-spread-betting-odds

Giants vs. Rams 2017, Week 9: Giants will be 3.5-point underdogs at home
Let’s look at some of the other interesting numbers for this week’s game
by Ed Valentine

861723988.0.jpg

Photo by Logan Bowles/Getty Images

When the 2017 NFL season began, it would not have been difficult to foresee 5-2 and 1-6 records for the Los Angeles Rams and New York Giants at this point. Only, the expectation after the Giants 11 games and the Rams four last would have been that the Giants would be the team entering the Week 9 game at MetLife Stadium with the better record.

That, though, is not the case. The surprising 5-2 Rams are currently 3.5-point favorites over the awful 1-6 Giants.

That’s the number of players suspended by the Giants this season.

That is the yards per carry average for Orleans Darkwa, which is third among NFL running backs with at least 50 rushing attempts.

That is how many consecutive times the Giants have beaten the Rams. It is a streak that dates back to 2002.

After listening to all sorts of trade speculation and opinions about whether he should cede playing time to Davis Webb at some point this season, Eli Manning will make his 207th straight start at quarterback for the Giants on Sunday. Only Brett Favre (297) and Peyton Manning (208) have longer streaks.

That is how many passing yards Manning needs to become the seventh player in NFL history with 50,000 or more passing yards.

The Giants will continue to wear the number 14 on their helmets this season to honor the late Y.A. Tittle, who recently passed away.

0-3
That is the Giants’ record at MetLife Stadium this season.

That is the Giants’ winning percentage this decade, when they have gone 63-61. The only decade in franchise history during which the Giants have had a losing record is the 1970s, when they were 50-93-1 (.351). They need four wins over the final nine games to avoid slipping under .500 thus far this decade.

That is how old Rams coach Sean McVay is. He is the NFL’s youngest head coach.

That is how many points per game the Rams are averaging, which puts them second in the league. The Houston Texans lead at 30.7 points per game. The Giants are 30th at 16.0 ppg, and have never scored 30 points during any of Ben McAdoo’s 24 games as head coach.
---------
JR should take notes but it’s likely too late
When your offensive line sucks, you address it in the offseason, sign players and improve it.

And crap…when the line improves your entire offense improves.

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT?!?!?!?!
--------
I have some great news!
I’ll be out of town this Sunday! HOORAY!!!
---------
Rams
have a high powered offense and the Giants and nothing high powered: Rams 36-10
--------
Why are we only 3.5 point underdogs?
----------
Hey, on the bright side we get to see Whitworth this week!
----------
1-7
Next.
----------
Giants are about to get blown the heck out of the water...
… by the stinking Rams.

*Shudders