Vent Thread on the Bye

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
O’Brien should have consulted with Gregg Williams, or even Jeff Fisher, as to how to defend Russel Wilson.

O’Brien’s way sure as hell didn’t work. Lol.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like Houston's hangover carried over into the world series game. Good because my head still hurts too

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Currently tied each at 5-2.
Seahawks have beaten us head to head. They are up "half" a game so to speak. If the playoffs started today, Seahawks are ahead of us in the seeding. Not hard to understand. :) They DID jump us today.

The playoffs don't start today. We play them again, so the tiebreaker is irrelevant at this point in time. They are tied with us. We are both 5-2.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yea, and everyone was making fun of me for already thinking about seeding and who needs to win/lose...
it because I saw this coming. Seattle's gonna be hard to knock off for the division and the NFC wildcard bar is gonna be pretty high this year.

@BeefJurky I know. I too was attacked because I recently acted like the Seahawks came in and beat us in our own stadium this year. :) But yet I'm supposed to blindly believe that we can go beat them in their stadium. The stupid loser idiot lucky no class Seahawks are gonna be a major problem for us making the playoffs this year.

They do it ugly, but they just keep winning. They'll probably go 12-4. God I hate them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With as well prepared as this team has been, I think we look like world beaters against the NewYork football Giants.

We just have to win each game as it comes...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bill O'Brien is a complete idiot.

Yeah lets trust our defense that has given up a ton of big plays and 34 points already, instead of our offense that has a rookie QB putting up historic stats. Nah, lets hope our defense gets another turnover by some miracle against a QB that takes great care of the ball.

The NFL has a coaching problem.

How many times are incompetent morons going to give the ball late to a QB like Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, and so on? Why give the ball back to the QB who has been torching you and is known for coming back late in the game? Hell, speaking of Brady, the Texans did this exact same crap on the road against Brady and you KNOW how that worked out. You have four yards to go today. Give YOUR TEAM the chance to go out and win it. Putting your defense out there again after it had been lit up most of the day was a losing situation. As a coach, you put your team in the best opportunity to succeed. That was not what O'Brien did.

On top of that, why not call a timeout when your team is obviously winded and confused? Nah, just let them tough it out and blow coverage on Jimmy Graham for the go-ahead score with under 30 seconds left. Good call coach.

The sad part is so many other coaches make dumb decisions like these, especially against teams like the Seahawks and Pats for some god damn reason. If I had a dollar for every time a coach rushed 3 or 4 exhausted linemen at Wilson and let him have 10 seconds to improvise for a deep ball, I would be able to buy a team and fire whatever stupid ass coach was behind that.

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

he didn't want to waste a timeout. just in case he needed them later. he's a supercoach, protector of timeouts everywhere.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell, maybe he thinks they carry over into the next game.
He.ll, every HC knows timeouts only last a quarter, so you gotta use 'em fast!
~Sean McVay

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
dammit Dodgers...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
freak this bye. Not one result went our way. Wouldn’t of felt so bad if we played and won but staying idle and everyone catching up freaking sucks.

I think that this bye came at the perfect time. Obviously it was a necessary rest after the London road trip. That aside a few problems have cropped up. Nothing major but this bye could give McVay time to catch Watkins up to speed, and maybe Everrett also. Maybe concentrate on red zone production as well.

I know the Rams have some division leaders coming up but as a whole the play this year seems a bit down. I don't think these other leaders got much better than they were. I think their divisions got much worse. Minnesota has a great defense and running game but QB is a weakness. The Saints and Eagles are toss ups. The Saints throttled this team last year, so let's hope the new scheme and player pride can do something about it. Philly has a huge injury at OLT to deal with. Phillips can exploit it, but Wentz is hard to rattle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LACHAMP46 The Rams posted a pic you can use for your wallpaper so the bye isn't too lonely for Rams loving.

DNWZCQLUQAAwXRs.jpg:large

JackStraw

Rookie
I would rather we didn't have a potential momentum lull after one of the Ram's best performances of the year

Watching the SEA/HOU game was a major bummer - it could be the game that keeps us away from winning a division title and am now very nervous for the Houston game.

Sappy113

Rookie
No matter what, it's obvious our remaining schedule is mostly brutal, brutal stuff. For me personally, it's better to just hold on to a "one-game-at-a-time" outlook. If we go and lose in New York, we won't be discussing winning the division anytime soon, so that's what's important right now.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We should have nailed Seattle when they came to our house, we all know they start slowly, we should have won that one.

If we want to be the best team in the division, we have to win our games, if that means win out, then win out it must be.

On a side note: Case Keenum played well...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best thing about the bye week??

Its finally over!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Lets talk football!!!!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
We control our own playoff destiny. We will focus on what we have to do rather than worry about getting help from other teams. But it would be nice to have a couple teams beat the crap out of seattle before we get our chance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Deshawn Watson scares me. Dude made some disgusting plays out of broken coverage. Our D is going to have to be lights out to stop that dude.
True enough, BUT, Seattle O-Line sucks, ours doesn't! Seattle can't run, We can! and our D-Line and LBers will be able to get to the Rookie. Wade will make sue of that!(y);):D

THIS BYE has been entirely too Long!! I have spent it prepping material on the Giants! Hard to find a Lot!

Giants3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.