Vent Thread on the Bye

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would rather we didn't have a potential momentum lull after one of the Ram's best performances of the year

Watching the SEA/HOU game was a major bummer - it could be the game that keeps us away from winning a division title and am now very nervous for the Houston game.
*shrugs...We are either good enough or we are not. The Rams are not winning the Fisher way by using smoke 'n' mirrors. The defense is getting stronger every game. Our Special Teams is the best on the planet. Our offense has a legit Oline, and MVP caliber RB, and the best WR corp we have had since GSOT...Even in games where Goff struggled like the Hawks game, he drove the offense down for the win and was one dropped ball by the normally reliable Cooper Kupp from a come from behind win.

I'll roll with our squad against anybody, and that includes against Seattle in CLink.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only saw the highlights, but if they (NFLN) replay that Houston v Seahawk game....had to be the best game of the season.
ummm..
Rams 34
Cards 0

The Ramowl

Starter
I don't get that whole "Seattle results are irrelevant because we are in control of our destiny". Sure we are, but the division title is a race between us and them, and it is much easier to win it if they end up 9-7 than if they end up 13-3. I highly doubt we win out, so every Seattle win makes our path to the playoffs harder.

Now sure, the players shouldn't pay attention to that and focus on each game and on their own play, but we're not players.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get that whole "Seattle results are irrelevant because we are in control of our destiny". Sure we are, but the division title is a race between us and them, and it is much easier to win it if they end up 9-7 than if they end up 13-3. I highly doubt we win out, so every Seattle win makes our path to the playoffs harder.

Now sure, the players shouldn't pay attention to that and focus on each game and on their own play, but we're not players.
But that's only psychological pressure...IF our team was able to see into Seattle's future, but not their own and the Hawks won 11 games...It wouldn't change how the team plans/plays week to week because the goal is to win every week. Either the Rams are better than the Hawks, or they are not...I don't think the geriatric Hawks can keep winning out like they had done as a younger team in years past. IF the Rams play smart football and guard against turnovers, we will beat them in CLink..I have no doubt about this....This year, there is a changing of the guard in the NFC West, imo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That game vs the Shehawks demonstrated how much better the Rams are this year. 5 turnovers and still had the game winning catch there to be made at the end. The game in Seattle will be tough, but as long as the Rams keep growing game to game they'll be ready to handle it I think.

Matchups that bother me more than that one are the Vikes and Eagles. Vikes defense is physical and better than the Shehawks. Eagles have a strong defense but also can run up the score. Both those teams are gonna be square in our way come the playoffs too.

I just feel like Seattle's on the decline a bit, they haven't been exposed yet. But it's coming this season IMO and it sure would be nice to see the Rams do that by whoopin up on them in their house.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Playing a tough schedule down the stretch will serve us well in preparing us for the playoffs.

We shouldn’t fear it or fret about it.

Hell, we should embrace it. We might find that we’re the meanest “mofo” on our schedule. Lol.

Like Loyal said, either we’re ready or we’re not. I wanna find out, how about you?

Ramzheart

Rookie
But that's only psychological pressure...IF our team was able to see into Seattle's future, but not their own and the Hawks won 11 games...It wouldn't change how the team plans/plays week to week because the goal is to win every week. Either the Rams are better than the Hawks, or they are not...I don't think the geriatric Hawks can keep winning out like they had done as a younger team in years past. IF the Rams play smart football and guard against turnovers, we will beat them in CLink..I have no doubt about this....This year, there is a changing of the guard in the NFC West, imo.
Here's the part you're not factoring in. The best teams don't always get in the playoffs and for that matter win the Superbowl. It does take some luck and chips falling well sometimes for teams. Then once you're in it's game on, again not always the best team wins- it's more a case of the better team for that day.
Now with that being said I want the Rams to be the best team that would be truly great!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's the part you're not factoring in. The best teams don't always get in the playoffs and for that matter win the Superbowl. It does take some luck and chips falling well sometimes for teams. Then once you're in it's game on, again not always the best team wins- it's more a case of the better team for that day.
Now with that being said I want the Rams to be the best team that would be truly great!

True...but I would say the vast majority get into the playoffs....In fact, I can only think of one or two double digit winning teams in the recent past that did not get in the playoffs. Anyway, the Rams have to play the cards they are dealt and KICK ASS!...That's all they can do.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I really hope Watkins and goff had alot of reps this week . The big play is the thing of the offense that needs happen to make us elite .

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I don't get that whole "Seattle results are irrelevant because we are in control of our destiny". Sure we are, but the division title is a race between us and them, and it is much easier to win it if they end up 9-7 than if they end up 13-3.

@The Ramowl ... I totally agree! We lost control of our destiny when we let Seattle beat us in week 5, or whenever it was. If we had won THAT game then yes, we'd be in control. As it is, they have beaten us once, and even IF we beat them next time and we somehow both end up 11-5 or something, who's to say that we would win the tie breaker??? (we will have each won 1 game vrs each other)

We do not control our destiny to win the division anymore. We need the Seahawks to lose more games than we lose. Will that happen? Man I hope so.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We do not control our destiny to win the division anymore. We need the Seahawks to lose more games than we lose. Will that happen? Man I hope so.
We absolutely do. We win every game then we win the division, that's controlling your own destiny.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
We absolutely do. We win every game then we win the division, that's controlling your own destiny.

If we win every game and Seattle wins every game going forward (except against us) ... who wins the division?
We don't control our destiny. Beating Seattle would only tie us with Seattle at season's end.

Wait! I just confused myself haha.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we win every game and Seattle wins every game going forward (except against us) ... who wins the division?
We don't control our destiny. Beating Seattle would only tie us with Seattle at season's end.

Wait! I just confused myself haha.
If both teams win every game but we win the game vs them we win the division. We currently have the same record. If we go 9-0 that makes us 14-2. They lose the one game vs us but win the other 8 that makes them 13-3. Not sure why you're not seeing that means we control our destiny.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If both teams win every game but we win the game vs them we win the division. We currently have the same record. If we go 9-0 that makes us 14-2. They lose the one game vs us but win the other 8 that makes them 13-3. Not sure why you're not seeing that means we control our destiny.
Lol its the little details that matter isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.