Tutu Atwell {updated} only ball carrier in NFL to hit 21 mph twice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I was never a fan of the pick for one simple reason..he's too small or light whatever you want to call it. This offense requires a lot from its receivers off the ball mainly blocking and Atwell just doesn't have the size for it and never will. But we all know mcvay loves his toys but I didn't get the pick then and still don't now.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Weird he didn’t play in preseason. Maybe McVay still likes him and he’s playing the long game with Tutu. But if not, then you play him in preseason to allow him to get better and maybe even get a taker willing to give a later round draft pick for him. He’s taking up a roster spot too. I’m assuming McVay is waiting to use him down the road. Because otherwise it’s all bizarre.
Well he certainly isn't playing the short game ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hate to poo poo on Atwell but he looks to be a rare bad draft pick by this front office. Size matters most of the time and Tutu just ain't got it. Here's to him finding a niche in this offense but, at this point, I'm not wagering on it. Hope he proves me wrong.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What I don't understand is didn't they have a plan for him before they picked him? Surely they didn't pick him and then try to work out what to do with him? Just because the seafucks and cards picked midgets before them it shouldn't have meant the Rams had to follow suit.

In with @Ram Ts I think Mcvay is waiting for the right time to use tutu. Otherwise none of it makes sense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So like a secret reveal but where he scores TDs?

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Tutu may have peaked playing college ball. There’s no shame in that. I think he has really tried, but speed isn’t everything. The NFL is proof of that.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I thought he was a top notch return man? But I like Powell and Powell hasn't had fumble-itis.

dang

Legend
2015....Havenstein (the rest of this draft was a disaster)
2016....none
2017....Gerald Everett
2018....none
2019....Taylor Rapp
2020....Cam Akers & Van Jefferson
2021....Tutu Atwell
2022....none

Going back to when Hav when was drafted.
Its not like they have a bad track record in the 2nd round.
I think Van was early and Tutu was a straight up miss. Otherwise legit picks.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Seems like the WRs are starting to sort themselves out. Powell is pretty good with the ball in his hands, seems like he has a returner’s mentality on those screens, like he’s try to take one the distance. Skow has carved out a spot as a physical guy who’ll run right by you if you’re not paying attention. Arob is pressing right now and Kupp is doing Kupp things. Bad news is that we thought Tutu was going to figure in somewhere. I thought maybe Tutu’s going to be the screen/jet sweep guy, Powell did a good job on screens vs the cards getting a couple first downs and breaking tackles, and Kupp scored on a jet sweep so it looks like they’ve got that aspect taken care of.
Maybe if they had stretched out the lead Tutu would’ve gotten a a shot at some of those plays and he could show his stuff. It seems like he could still have an impact though, they still need a deep threat. and Arob is struggling right now.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Tutu is such a big miss but all GMs have those. Dude isn't built for the pros. Skow and Powell being ahead of them tells me he's gone most likely after this year imo.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Tutu is such a big miss but all GMs have those. Dude isn't built for the pros. Skow and Powell being ahead of them tells me he's gone most likely after this year imo.

I haven't really paid attention but also taken rt before tutu wasnt eskridge taken whom til they day I still think that's who the Rams wanted is he even healthy? He hasn't done shit either I know he was hurt a lot last year but the Rams liked both gaaatzuks!!!

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I haven't really paid attention but also taken rt before tutu was eskridge is he healthy? He hasn't done shit either I know he was hurt a lot last year but the Rams liked both gaaatzuks!!!
Yeah, seems like if we were chasing a WR are that spot, we were going to be disappointed then. Aw well

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I will say this, if we want a deep speed WR for cheap, TY Hilton still out there lol. Just saying, but I know we have more pressing needs