Tutu Atwell {updated} only ball carrier in NFL to hit 21 mph twice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I agree I will think it should come as the season goes but what I don't understand is if ARob can get open on teams example the bears with no other weapons and no qbs why are we struggling when everyone focuses on Kupp. It is concerning and he had what one drop last year I think he already has 2 or 3 this year. Slight worried.not panicking yet.
Good points which is why we should still be optimistic. Week 1 he was open constantly and never got the ball for whatever reason. Week 2 he had a nice game, and had his 2nd TD called back by the officials, and also could have caught another one on a fade they just missed. Yesterday the drop was bad but maybe looking at the catches so far we just chalk it up to lack of chemistry right now. As good as all the summer reports were about ARob we have to remember he wasn't playing with Stafford.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Good points which is why we should still be optimistic. Week 1 he was open constantly and never got the ball for whatever reason. Week 2 he had a nice game, and had his 2nd TD called back by the officials, and also could have caught another one on a fade they just missed. Yesterday the drop was bad but maybe looking at the catches so far we just chalk it up to lack of chemistry right now. As good as all the summer reports were about ARob we have to remember he wasn't playing with Stafford.
He ain’t used to somebody nailin him so quick with the ball. :laugh1:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

You read stupid bullshit article about the Rams being a good fit for Gallowday? As the Giants just want to dump him and would eat most of his salary for a late pick.
It's a pass for me I think if the o line is ok then all we want is an edge and Obj for stretch. If the o-line not ok we are up shits creek.

MachS

Hall of Fame
You read stupid bullshit article about the Rams being a good fit for Gallowday? As the Giants just want to dump him and would eat most of his salary for a late pick.
It's a pass for me I think if the o line is ok then all we want is an edge and Obj for stretch. If the o-line not ok we are up shits creek.
Been seeing some rumors yea. He got more snaps today for NY and they'd have to eat so much dead $ but who knows. I want edge and OBJ tho first. Maybe even RB. But if we can get Galloday for peanuts I wouldn't be against it if we strike out on everything else.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Good to see they took a deep shot to atwell the last game. Won't be long before those passes start connecting. The Rams need a deep threat.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Been seeing some rumors yea. He got more snaps today for NY and they'd have to eat so much dead $ but who knows. I want edge and OBJ tho first. Maybe even RB. But if we can get Galloday for peanuts I wouldn't be against it if we strike out on everything else.

Donors are just that. I take it as a ROCK being turned over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
O

Good to see they took a deep shot to atwell the last game. Won't be long before those passes start connecting. The Rams need a deep threat.

Tutu with that deep shot was a good call,not sure about the timing of the play (calling) ?

In a different mind set so I’ll go with what Sean Mcvay wanted from DJ1 last he will get with Tutu Atwell.

My guess is the way I post is OldSchool(lmao) ,in the sense of how the site has changed.I’d say I go with the flow of LIFE!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Tutu won't be on the team for long. He's a one trick pony, and when he's in the game you know there's likely a chance there's a deep shot to him. Seems like a good kid, but keeps getting pushed further and further down the chart.

Didn't like the pick to begin with and certainly don't like it now. When you have Powell getting more PT than Atwell, it's not good (I really like Powell) for Tutu.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I’m happy to eat crow on Skrow. I bashed him in the off-season and he’s proving me wrong. I’m not the biggest VJ fan (mainly because he’s a body catcher, not a hands catcher), so I’m happy to see Skrow step up in his absence

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw ARob. OBJ was just better in our system an all around better player. I can't imagine OBJ dropping that extremely easy pass in the endzone. OBJ had some of the best hands I've seen. I'm really hoping that the knee doesn't effect his athleticism, because he also had that over ARob in spades.

D5AD121C-D96D-43AC-B944-9E1F75DCC0BF.jpeg

OBJ missed 5/10 in one game and he wasn’t catching 5 passes pervert game. I’d give Robinson more time to get in synch with Stafford.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Living in NY he has been destroyed as have the Giants he has not caught a TD pass since signing last year. He is hated and he actually is disgruntled. They are actually calling it one of the worst signings in NFL history 20 million this year lol.

Now the Giants are saying they will eat most of it they are practically begging for someone to take him but even now as I wrote this greeny said same thing I said if Cooper is traded for a 5th rounder what in the world would anyone give for Gallowday? He is a bit redundant with ARob possibly Obj. And it to be honest I would not at this point want to lessen Slows role he has earned it. The block he put on coops run and then to take out a monster like JJ Watt with that block was nuts. He is as Mcvay said psycho lol.

I agree though definitely an edge and Obj if no edge then a Obj and an elite corner to help the reverse way lol

Edges I'd Target: (some dreaming)
- Brian Burns
- Montez Sweat
-Robert Quinn (most realistic)
There are more but can't think of them right at this moment. Who would you have in mind?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
View attachment 56690

OBJ missed 5/10 in one game and he wasn’t catching 5 passes pervert game. I’d give Robinson more time to get in synch with Stafford.
I noticed that yesterday that gave me hope the only difference which cast a bit of a shadow is obj had to learn and squeeze it on in a short time ARob even with a hurt Stafford had the whole off-season to learn the offense etc. I agree though he needs at least the 3 if not maybe up to the bye to completely have a significant role.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Tutu won't be on the team for long. He's a one trick pony, and when he's in the game you know there's likely a chance there's a deep shot to him.

And yet he was wide open for that deep TD. So if the D knows it, they must not have been able to stop it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I noticed that yesterday that gave me hope the only difference which cast a bit of a shadow is obj had to learn and squeeze it on in a short time ARob even with a hurt Stafford had the whole off-season to learn the offense etc. I agree though he needs at least the 3 if not maybe up to the bye to completely have a significant role.
I think game speed and practice speed are not the same. Stafford is very comfortable with Kupp, so in a 2 second decision he instinctively looks that way. His game with ARob is just going to take time.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think game speed and practice speed are not the same. Stafford is very comfortable with Kupp, so in a 2 second decision he instinctively looks that way. His game with ARob is just going to take time.

Agreed that's I'm essence what I said however adding to it it can take 12 games either or we in trouble. Lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tutu won't be on the team for long. He's a one trick pony, and when he's in the game you know there's likely a chance there's a deep shot to him. Seems like a good kid, but keeps getting pushed further and further down the chart.

Didn't like the pick to begin with and certainly don't like it now. When you have Powell getting more PT than Atwell, it's not good (I really like Powell) for Tutu.
Yeah prior to the season I was thinking if he was mainly used for screens and nines it would be a bad sign. 3 games in he's only on the nine routes, not even trusted to be a screen type to get manufactured touches. So it's not good.

Rams should trade him tbh. Move him to a team that is short at WR like the Colts.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
View attachment 56690

Targets and receptions doesn't translate into drops however. OBJ was a legit Superbowl MVP before injury. I'll take a healthy OBJ over ARob all day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Targets and receptions doesn't translate into drops however. OBJ was a legit Superbowl MVP before injury. I'll take a healthy OBJ over ARob all day.
Why do people say that? OBJ had one good quarter where he caught two passes. Do you really think the Bengals were going keep three on Kupp and only one on OBJ the entire game?

OBJ might be faster than ARob but ARob has always been a consistently good receiver. The odd thing is that the Rams supposedly loved his ability to high point a ball and win contested catches, yet they have barely used him like that yet.

Give it time. ARob will be fine. He and Stafford have to get more of a feel for each other in the games.

It’s just like people writing Skowronek off because of a few drops. And ARob has been open in these games without getting the ball thrown his way. It’s not like he’s covered the entire time. On a few of Stafford’s Int’s ARob was open.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I read all the hype here & in all the sports articles on Training Camp Reports about how hot the #9 & #1 connection was.........what happen?

This can not be the same Robinson that played on the Bears....That Robinson never dropped a pass, especially a TD pass.

Last edited: