The Whitworth Effect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This should be fun to watch. Our DBs (Tru22) and their WRs should have some good battles. There was a lot of intensity at the 2nd scrimmage. The Rams need to beat them bad to end all that battle of LA crap. Beat em so bad they want to move back to San Diego.
Yep! Make them all want to be like this ...:baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead: .. Put up a 50 burger on them!!:mrburnsevil::homercrawl:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There's nobody on the team named Pace Murray. But if Williams does make the team, it's because he beat out Pace Murphy. And Murphy has struggled mightily the last couple games.

I think because of where the offensive line is at they only keep 9 Lineman.

Donnal being hurt is seriously effecting this though. What is the word on him ??

Does he go on the pup ? That might be the best thing to have happen?? I think with the new rule of having to players that can comeback makes it possible?

Just random thought

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am sure that LG Rodger Saffold is the happiest he has been since becoming a Ram in 2010. Having LT Andrew Whitworth next to him in place of GRob???? Gives Rodger the opportunity to learn from one of the very best LT's in the NFL....Rodger can't help but get significantly better. Since Rodger's arrival who has he partnered with?

Snead/McVay best move thus far.I read that OT Havenstein is mirroring Whitworth in all phases of his technique too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yep! Make them all want to be like this ...:baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead: .. Put up a 50 burger on them!!:mrburnsevil::homercrawl:

Dave I was coming from Lowes on 118 off Yosemite. Saw 5 cop cars . Was just curious if that was because of a car accident. The Simi police seem to travel in groups . For some odd reason , I've had a couple involvements with them. Good folks though. Just curious because you said you were close Saturday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dave I was coming from Lowes on 118 off Yosemite. Saw 5 cop cars . Was just curious if that was because of a car accident. The Simi police seem to travel in groups . For some odd reason , I've had a couple involvements with them. Good folks though. Just curious because you said you were close Saturday.
No, thanks for asking, My accident happened on I-99. I was between Delano and Bakersfield! AND NO FREAKING CAR RENTAL PLACES OPEN at 1;30 in the afternoon on a Saturday @#$%^!! I was coming from Yosemite National Park/ Bass Lake.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am sure that LG Rodger Saffold is the happiest he has been since becoming a Ram in 2010. Having LT Andrew Whitworth next to him in place of GRob???? Gives Rodger the opportunity to learn from one of the very best LT's in the NFL....Rodger can't help but get significantly better. Since Rodger's arrival who has he partnered with?

Snead/McVay best move thus far.I read that OT Havenstein is mirroring Whitworth in all phases of his technique too.

Just a total freaking good group. Big Rob & J Brown are tight going back to there rookie year.

Sullivan & Whitworth are so solid. I was upset with Roger( he was upset at himself) , at Stub Hub Center. He kneeled down by himself , one of them taped him on the shoulder. He later went back to the bench & talked with them.
Brown & Hav both spread out on another bench. Goff then goes over to them , just to stay connected.
Since then in the 2 preseason games ,Goff is always connected with them.
Kupp even gets involved.

It is just a different vibe he & Sullivan bring to The Rams.

That is also why I like Jamon Brown in the group so much.
It's the Big 5 !! They are tight & a solid group

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I just thought what if the Rams could have kept Robinson next to Whitworth instead of Saffold because that was the original position (LG) Robinson played in college. Whitworth could have told Robinson to "eat the guy's lunch in front of him" for a pass or run play and make it easier for him to understand. Plus the fact that Robinson would have been next to Whitworth and Sullivan that could have helped develop him more. Move Saffold to RG next to Havenstein and the Rams OL could be dominant.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Pro Football Focus: Oakland Raiders Scouting Report: Oakland’s defensive line has gotten faster, more athletic, and definitely younger this offseason. So much so, that Twenty-six year old Justin Ellis suddenly finds himself the elder statesman of the group.
Tomas that's just one opinion, fair enough. Lombardi was saying it and so were my friends, that the CBs can't cover and the team has trouble tackling and basics on defense. JDR has his work cut out for him.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I was impressed to see how he just blows up LBs...They have no chance, especially if they get caught with their pads up...Of almost equal importance was in game one, seeing him cruising (and moving quickly) up the entire bench whacking shoulder pads telling everybody what a great job they had just done...Looked like a guy 24, not 34..I really like that this BIG man is a Ram...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No, thanks for asking, My accident happened on I-99. I was between Delano and Bakersfield! AND NO FREAKING CAR RENTAL PLACES OPEN at 1;30 in the afternoon on a Saturday @#$%^!! I was coming from Yosemite National Park/ Bass Lake.
Sounds like you had a real good time up to that point .
Hope everyone was alright. Was wondering where you disappeared to.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just thought what if the Rams could have kept Robinson next to Whitworth instead of Saffold because that was the original position (LG) Robinson played in college. Whitworth could have told Robinson to "eat the guy's lunch in front of him" for a pass or run play and make it easier for him to understand. Plus the fact that Robinson would have been next to Whitworth and Sullivan that could have helped develop him more. Move Saffold to RG next to Havenstein and the Rams OL could be dominant.
As you know I was NOT a GROB fan. So happy that highly evasive cancer is gone, Saffold could be dominant @ the RG post for sure & can start in four of the five OL posts. I agree that Whitworth & Sullivan are capable of carrying around GROB but would they be as effective in doing so? With Saffold there now that left side is one serious strong side OL!:)

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Whitworth is like a life raft found by survivors of a shipwreck. For a while they are safe because it's a strong raft, but what happens when a storm comes? Keep Whit as long as he can play, but we need a LT next year in the draft, and Snead can't miss on this one. Whitworth needs to train the new stud, even if he is paid like a coach after his playing days are done.......

agreed, couldn't have said it better!
Hope they draft on game film and not potential. We're 3 for 3 in failing at LT based on potential.
Barron
Smith
Robinson

Ps has anyone seen how Grob has been doing in the preseason thus far?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kromer and McVay didn't have the time it would have taken to bring GRob up to par. Too many other guys that needed coaching up, it would have taken away from bringing along the OL as whole.

Detroit may get it done, but it's a gamble and it will take time. I still think given time and coaching, ,GRob will be a successful O lineman in the NFL.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sounds like you had a real good time up to that point .
Hope everyone was alright. Was wondering where you disappeared to.
Yes we had a great time, My brother-in-law has 12.5 acres on a mountain top 5 miles from Bass lake toward Yosemite! Deer come right up to your door! My grand-daughter had a ball! BUT I had no computer to try and keep up with my Rams and ROD!

nighttrain

Legend
This should be fun to watch. Our DBs (Tru22) and their WRs should have some good battles. There was a lot of intensity at the 2nd scrimmage. The Rams need to beat them bad to end all that battle of LA crap. Beat em so bad they want to move back to San Diego.
The Rams need to beat them bad to end all that battle of LA crap. Beat em so bad they want to move back to San Diego.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of almost equal importance was in game one, seeing him cruising (and moving quickly) up the entire bench whacking shoulder pads telling everybody what a great job they had just done...Looked like a guy 24, not 34..I really like that this BIG man is a Ram...

This is the most impressive this to me as well Mikey. The guy has intangibles I think all of us underestimated. It's one thing to be a pro bowl caliber player, but when you are trying to lead, motivate, and make your teammates around you better - that takes it to a whole other level.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes we had a great time, My brother-in-law has 12.5 acres on a mountain top 5 miles from Bass lake toward Yosemite! Deer come right up to your door! My grand-daughter had a ball! BUT I had no computer to try and keep up with my Rams and ROD!

Tough part of the season not to have a computer, but well worth the get away.
Things are starting to heat up here in Ram Land

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Tough part of the season not to have a computer, but well worth the get away.
Things are starting to heat up here in Ram Land
I had to do it, Go, for my Wife! But next year, IF she doesn't Retire, I told her to be careful about how she schedules her Vacation!(y):mrburnsevil: