The Whitworth Effect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I mean the guy is an absolute WALL. Jesus....

After McVay, this was the most important signing we could have ever made. The accountability in that room has gone up exponentially from last year. Roger seems to be playing great and I've been very impressed with Sullivan thus far. Our left side is no joke now and the youngsters on the right can pick his brain and get to see what a pro bowl lineman looks like. His work ethic and leadership have been raved about, and I'm just so happy we made this move.

I know hes 35 but damn he still looks good. If our line can stay healthy we might be able to do some things.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

After McVay, this was the most important signing we could have ever made. The accountability in that room has gone up exponentially from last year. Roger seems to be playing great and I've been very impressed with Sullivan thus far. Our left side is no joke now and the youngsters on the right can pick his brain and get to see what a pro bowl lineman looks like. His work ethic and leadership have been raved about, and I'm just so happy we made this move.

I know hes 35 but damn he still looks good. If our line can stay healthy we might be able to do some things.

Just as Watkins, Woods, Reynolds and Kupp finally help open the passing lanes, relieving Gurley and our RB's from a stacked D front, Whitworth, Saffold & Sullivan will do the same for the center & right side of our OL, eventually allowing our attacking RB's success all across the line. jmo.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Watch the replay of Whitworth moving the pile early in the 1st qtr against the Raiders. It was mostly him on that play. Big powerful dude right there. If Brown and Havenstein step it up a notch, we've got a pretty damn good OL. (y)

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I believe the young OL will improve just by association with Whitworth.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I made this comment in another thread.

After the opening kickoff Whitworth by far the first one onto the field. He sprinted out there weaving in and out of special teams players to get to his spot.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Watch the replay of Whitworth moving the pile early in the 1st qtr against the Raiders. It was mostly him on that play. Big powerful dude right there. (y)
I watched it with Raiders fans, they said their DL just caved in. The Raiders have a bottom 10 defense this year. Let's see how the Rams play against GB this week. They should be middle of the pack.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I made this comment in another thread.

After the opening kickoff Whitworth by far the first one onto the field. He sprinted out there weaving in and out of special teams players to get to his spot.
He's a true professional. Haven't had a guy of his caliber on the Oline since Orlando Pace. Seriously.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched it with Raiders fans, they said their DL just caved in. The Raiders have a bottom 10 defense this year. Let's see how the Rams play against GB this week. They should be middle of the pack.
Yeah, but isn't the Raider's Dline supposed to be it's strength? I know the LBers, Safeties, CB's are a weakness, but Whitworth & Co. caved in their strength of the defense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whitworth is like a life raft found by survivors of a shipwreck. For a while they are safe because it's a strong raft, but what happens when a storm comes? Keep Whit as long as he can play, but we need a LT next year in the draft, and Snead can't miss on this one. Whitworth needs to train the new stud, even if he is paid like a coach after his playing days are done.......

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Yeah, but isn't the Raider's Dline supposed to be it's strength? I know the LBers, Safeties, CB's are a weakness, but Whitworth & Co. caved in their strength of the defense.
Not really. Mack and the other OLB had the highest sack total of any tandem, but the Raiders were last in the NFL in sack and pressure total I believe.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I couldn't agree with you more!! The effect Whitworth and Sullivan have had on this O-Line is amazing!! Both in there Play and the way they both help "Coach-up" there Team mates! It was great to see the way the protected Goff against the Raiders and Gurley is working real well behind that line too!(y);):D
The difference between this years Team and last years is like the difference between Night and Day!!:yay::yess:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really. Mack and the other OLB had the highest sack total of any tandem, but the Raiders were last in the NFL in sack and pressure total I believe.
Well, this supposed to be a contending team..a challenger to the Patriots posited by some. If their defense sucks so bad, we just helped to expose the frauds...:rockon:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We will play against The Chargers this week, who have a pretty good "D" and have scrimmaged against us! this will be our final big test!

Week 4 of pre-season is against the Pack and I don't see either Team taking a lot of chances on getting projected starters Banged in a meaningless game just before the 1st Regular season game!
BUT! YOU NEVER KNOW!:D

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Pro Football Focus: Oakland Raiders Scouting Report: Oakland’s defensive line has gotten faster, more athletic, and definitely younger this offseason. So much so, that Twenty-six year old Justin Ellis suddenly finds himself the elder statesman of the group.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We will play against The Chargers this week, who have a pretty good "D" and have scrimmaged against us! this will be our final big test!

Week 4 of pre-season is against the Pack and I don't see either Team taking a lot of chances on getting projected starters Banged in a meaningless game just before the 1st Regular season game!
BUT! YOU NEVER KNOW!:D

This should be fun to watch. Our DBs (Tru22) and their WRs should have some good battles. There was a lot of intensity at the 2nd scrimmage. The Rams need to beat them bad to end all that battle of LA crap. Beat em so bad they want to move back to San Diego.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Whitworth is like a life raft found by survivors of a shipwreck. For a while they are safe because it's a strong raft, but what happens when a storm comes? Keep Whit as long as he can play, but we need a LT next year in the draft, and Snead can't miss on this one. Whitworth needs to train the new stud, even if he is paid like a coach after his playing days are done.......

Is Williams going to make the team ? Just saying he & Pace Murray are only 23 . LT is the 2nd hardest for rookies to play.

The Rams are playing Chargers again.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is Williams going to make the team ? Just saying he & Pace Murray are only 23 . LT is the 2nd hardest for rookies to play.

The Rams are playing Chargers again.

There's nobody on the team named Pace Murray. But if Williams does make the team, it's because he beat out Pace Murphy. And Murphy has struggled mightily the last couple games.

A55VA6

Legend
Whitworth is a special player. He's one huge man, strong as hell, moves very well, and has great technique.

But the biggest thing is he's that perfect veteran example/mentor for the young OL that we have. We're lucky to have him.