So let's say you're Fish and you get one more season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrankenRam

Starter
I think that's all been from fans and the local talking heads though. There's really only once been real hot seat rumors and that was like 3 weeks ago. I hope to hell that a season with less than 7 wins gets him canned, and I'm not real excited about letting him skate by at 7-9, but I fully expect next season to be the line in the sand. We all know it's been a massive undertaking to get the roster built, if you don't win the division or at least go into the playoffs in convincing fashion like 11-5 wildcard, it's over.

Possibly. I tend to think it all depends on how it plays out. There are any number of factors that some might suggest are 'legitimate reasons' for things having gone the way they have the last few seasons.. Others might call those excuses.

But there's only one person's opinion who counts....The Silent One. And from what I recall from the little talking he did do when first acquiring full control of the team and hiring Fish, it was that he wanted to build a sense of continuity with the team.....sort of in the mold of the Steelers who have had what....3 coaches in the last 30 yr.(?)

The one thing I do think that could put Fish on a VERY hot seat would be if there was a sense he'd lost control of the team....that players were basically just 'mailing it in'. Thus far, I haven't seen any evidence of that. The players seem to enjoy playing for him and seem to play hard.....even if rather ineptly at times.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How in the world do you know that Garcia hasn't been good for the team?
He is supposed to be the assist OC assisting the WR's. Look at what he Has/hasn't done w/ the WR corps!!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to say it but this Fisher built team might have already peaked . They will be losing a few key guys and my faith in him is gone

Memphis Ram

Legend
Auburn finished behind Georgia in almost every Offensive Statistical category, maybe we should bring back Brian Shottenheimer :deadhorse:

2015 team lost it's 2014 starters at QB, RB, HB, both WRs, TE, and two Olinemen. And just like the Rams, the new QB(s) sucked out loud.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate to say it but this Fisher built team might have already peaked . They will be losing a few key guys and my faith in him is gone

They do have a lot of key personnel decisions pending. But winning and staying on top starts with the draft and the last two have been excellent.

Don't think it is accurate to say this team has peaked. I'd say its peak will be as the young OL comes of age. Question is whether Fish will be part of that, and whether he can quit screwin around with OC and QB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I don't understand how a team with so many injuries can have peaked ? Gaines, Quinn, Ogletree, CLong, Johnson, Jenkins, Saffold, Williams, Havenstein, Donnal, Brown & Bailey have all missed multiple games or been IR'd.
Whether you like or dislike Fisher, he's still a HC with a free agency period and draft in front of him, so again, how has this team peaked ?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand how a team with so many injuries can have peaked ? Gaines, Quinn, Ogletree, CLong, Johnson, Jenkins, Saffold, Williams, Havenstein, Donnal, Brown & Bailey have all missed multiple games or been IR'd.
Whether you like or dislike Fisher, he's still a HC with a free agency period and draft in front of him, so again, how has this team peaked ?
Because Fisher is no more than a 8-8 coach and JL and CL need replaced along with possibly losing both CB's and a safety . Four years with no improvement says it all .

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Because Fisher is no more than a 8-8 coach and JL and CL need replaced along with possibly losing both CB's and a safety . Four years with no improvement says it all .

While I understand your frustration, I happen to believe the Rams are far better positioned roster wise than we were 4 years ago. I agree with you on CL and JL, but that won't make us worse in 2016 unless we fail in the draft and free agency, and it's a little early to predict that. Our CB's and other potential free agents aren't gone yet, so i'll take that one day at a time, … we are in good enough CAP shape to re-sign who we wish, although overpaying marginal players shouldn't become the norm.
Next year around this time we should revisit this thread. jmo.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I understand your frustration, I happen to believe the Rams are far better positioned roster wise than we were 4 years ago. I agree with you on CL and JL, but that won't make us worse in 2016 unless we fail in the draft and free agency, and it's a little early to predict that. Our CB's and other potential free agents aren't gone yet, so i'll take that one day at a time, … we are in good enough CAP shape to re-sign who we wish, although overpaying marginal players shouldn't become the norm.
Next year around this time we should revisit this thread. jmo.
I hope your right . It sure would be nice to watch the Rams play in a meaningful game later than November .

fearsomefour

Legend
Fisher Enterprises - Trusted brand in making offensive coordinators think defensively since 1994.

So no quality OC's will want this job. But my choice would be Ken Whisenhunt.
Whisenhunt has only had success with HOF QBs....we don't seem to have that here.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Draft DeForest Buckner to replace CL, find a free agent to replace JL, Sign TruJo. Draft a true Center in the 3rd round. Done.

The next head coach and offensive coordinator will be able to win with that team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft DeForest Buckner to replace CL, find a free agent to replace JL, Sign TruJo. Draft a true Center in the 3rd round. Done.

The next head coach and offensive coordinator will be able to win with that team.

So we're going to use a first round pick on a DE that doesn't fit our scheme when our defense is already a top 10 unit rather than using it to help the ailing offense? I'd be disappointed with that.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
So we're going to use a first round pick on a DE that doesn't fit our scheme when our defense is already a top 10 unit rather than using it to help the ailing offense? I'd be disappointed with that.
Yes, because Fisher would simply waste a pick on a QB or WR because he has no clue. Buckner is a physical freak that would be an instant upgrade over Long. The Ducks defensive scheme is a joke and Buckner had a great year in spite of the completely inept defensive scheme and coaching. If Fisher was being replaced then yes, draft for the offense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, because Fisher would simply waste a pick on a QB or WR because he has no clue. Buckner is a physical freak that would be an instant upgrade over Long. The Ducks defensive scheme is a joke and Buckner had a great year in spite of the completely inept defensive scheme and coaching. If Fisher was being replaced then yes, draft for the offense.

Curious what YOU would do if you were Fisher, Tailback.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll take Fisher taking a shot and missing over Fisher refusing to play ball. If we're going defense, Buckner is a bad pick for this team. Unless Fisher is trying to prepare for a 3-4 defensive coach we're hiring after we fire him.

I don't want another first round DL. I want a first round QB. I'm tired of losing. So unless DeForest Buckner can go out there in the NFL and throw for 250 yards and 2 TDs per game, I don't want him. I'd also settle for him if he can go out there and put up 100 receiving yards and a receiving TD per game.