So let's say you're Fish and you get one more season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Who do you hire as OC?

I'll start and I have two choices:

1. Martz. My first choice and I can call him now. I'd be talking to him about being my OC, and hammering out whether we can work together. Martz has some significant advantages, those being a guaranteed improvement in the passing game without needing to change the system along with making the organization very smart on which QBs to stack the roster with at this crossroads the team is facing. He fits nicely with Fisher/Williams and this defense, as this defense when healthy will slaughter QBs if they can play with early leads often. If for whatever reason I can't get it worked out now with him, then I make the next guy my priority...

2. Whisenhunt. KW has a good feel for the QB position as a coach. Strongly balanced coordinator who is probably more along the lines of what Fish would prefer, but since in this exercise we're making decisions he'd be my second pick. Also, as I believe he's still jobless you can fire up the phone lines with him and talk shop now to avoid being the last in line once the madness starts following Black Monday and the new regimes are trying to stack their staffs. This guy is going to be in very high demand and with good reason.

Now, I realize many of you are in wait and see mode with Boras and maybe even with Keenum too. But flush those thoughts please. In this situation you have one season left to prove the roster YOU built can win. Do you really want to risk your job with an inexperienced OC or is it better to sit Rob down and let him know he's still "Assistant Head Coach" and maybe even get him a slight pay raise to take a back seat for this next season? That's my play at least, and if he thinks he cannot learn anything from, say, Martz, then good luck to him.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Martz has about as much chance of getting the offensive coordinator's job as Cignetti does. Nothing against Martz. I personally have always liked Whisenhunt, and if Fisher's last year is unsuccessful, maybe Kronke could make him the next head coach. And sorry, Merlin, I am still hoping that Boras and Keenum can succeed in Seatlle and San Fran. We need some momentum. Go Rams!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Many fans were more than happy to show Martz the door. We don't deserve him back.

Shoot, if Boras and Keenum beat SEA then they're both safe in my book.

Keenum has a massive test this weekend. We'll see what he's all about. I think the last time we had a QB have a good day in SEA was when Bruce and Holt were still our stud WR's. That'd be plenty good for me...

Oh, and freak SEA!!! And did I say FREAK SEA!!!! Freak SEA...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Mike Pettine is fired in Cleveland, I go after John DeFilippo (Cleveland OC). Rob Boras keeps his run game coordinator title and consults with DeFilippo on the run game. I've been blown away by DeFilippo's passing attack this year. He's made the QB duo of Josh McCown and Johnny Manziel look quite good...along with making Gary Barnidge look like a top TE and Travis Benjamin look like a #1 WR.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I just hope the Rams hire a proven OC and that Fisher stays out of his way.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I HAVE TO SEE HOW THEY FINISH BEFORE I CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION! IT'S A BIG QUESTION! IDK!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd like to see a new offensive coordinator bring in his own staff.
Not a whole lot of progression from the WR's and OLine under Ray Sherman and Boudreau the last few years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd like to see a new offensive coordinator bring in his own staff.
Not a whole lot of progression from the WR's and OLine under Ray Sherman and Boudreau the last few years.
Sounds reasonable to me!!(y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Mike Pettine is fired in Cleveland, I go after John DeFilippo (Cleveland OC). Rob Boras keeps his run game coordinator title and consults with DeFilippo on the run game. I've been blown away by DeFilippo's passing attack this year. He's made the QB duo of Josh McCown and Johnny Manziel look quite good...along with making Gary Barnidge look like a top TE and Travis Benjamin look like a #1 WR.

Even if Boras and the team finish well, I have a hard time imagining that he will accomplish anything on the same level that DeFilipo has. It brings things into perspective.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah the firings will make the market crazy, of course the good ones disappear fast. Another possibility is a guy like McCoy when the Chargers fire him, which looks very possible. He runs the Coryell, would be a very fast transition if he were to get the gig and he'd be ten times better than anyone Fish has had in a long time.

MountainRam

Rookie
Fisher Enterprises - Trusted brand in making offensive coordinators think defensively since 1994.

So no quality OC's will want this job. But my choice would be Ken Whisenhunt.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Same as last year.

Rhett Lashlee, OC, Auburn
15141846-mmmain.jpg

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If you are Fisher you will do what you always do and finish 7 and 9.

jap

Legend
We have a highly, highly potential hall of fame talent at RB. Time to sell out completely for a proven offensive guru who can balance our O with our high end D and special teams units. We need someone who has a qualitative eye for recognizing true QB & WR talent. Someone who can recognize or at least know how to acquire someone who can recognize and galvanize OL talent. Someone who can acquire good-great blocking TE's to accommodate our RB talent.

Use these last few games to further access the strengths/weaknesses of our incumbent players and decide who our core players are at this point. Let's make the Horns relevant in December & January/February once more.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fisher, 1 year new OC???

I don't think Boras is going anywhere if #1 if they win out and #2 if Fisher does not get an extension.

No thanks to Martz he was fun when he was here also got Warner beaten down, pass.

Whisenhunt is probably getting consideration for HC somewhere.

Who knows who will be available in a couple of weeks. Let's win out and see what happens, if they do that Boras is a lock with Fisher.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think if we finish the season well and end up .500 it'll give a lot of people a false sense of security and we'll end up screwed (again) next year. IMO, this coaching staff needs new blood.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think if we finish the season well and end up .500 it'll give a lot of people a false sense of security and we'll end up screwed (again) next year. IMO, this coaching staff needs new blood.
No thanks to that, and no thanks to another reboot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its a trick question, because for one I dont think Fisher will coach any differently whether hes on the 1st year of a deal, or the last. He's got that kind of stubborness to him
Secondly, unless the offense looks tragically bad in the last 2 weeks, I cant see how Fisher doesnt retain Rob Boras as OC

Maybe I'm not playing the game right.....