Snead without Fisher making final decisions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quarterback: $21.268m
Running back: $12.120m
Receiver: $15.682m
Tight end: $9.780m
Offensive line: $14.271m
Defensive end: $16.934m
Defensive tackle: $13.387m
Linebacker: $14.550m
Cornerback: $14.212
Safety: $10.896m
Kicker/punter: $4.835m

Those numbers other than QB just seem SO out of whack. Especially the RB money and the LB money.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Snead was a lieutenant of Fisher.
Now he's a lieutenant of McVay.

Guys just trying to execute an offseason game plan for his coach. I think too much is made of him being different than Fisher. Sure, I think he prob would have made some different calls but mostly, he was not hired to be the boss and in each case he's working for the coach of the team. Now he's just working for McVay.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
How many of you think snead would of taken Watkins in the draft but Fisher chose G Rob

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The front office has a lot to prove this year in contract negotiations. With Donald, Trumaine, Olgetree, and now Watkins still needing to be extended, the front office needs to be the ones making moves.

No doubt. Dude is walkin a minefield but doing it boldly. So far so good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to say. We really needed a tackle.
We needed (and still do) a LT desperately..If we go back into the 20/20 machine, Taylor Lewan and Aaron Donald should have been 1st round picks...Both are Pro Bowlers

WestCoastRam

Legend
Right now going into next year we will need to draft:

Tackle
CB
S
DT
LB
RB

Prob in that order.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watkins is actually only twenty-four years old. Hell of a trade, even though it sucks losing Gaines, being a Mizzou fan and all. Guess I'll have to cheer for Penton making the squad now.

Penton has looked good. EJ Gaines

What about Barwin,Sullivan,Joyner,C. Davis, & Mo ?

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
How many of you think snead would of taken Watkins in the draft but Fisher chose G Rob
It's been mentioned pretty extensively by Boudreau and Fisher that Boudreau almost demanded the pick of Robinson.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Because my OL coach assured me he could bring him along quickly.(y)
Fair enough.
And you do have to defer to your coordinators.

Still. Fisher had final say and he needed to overrule that one.
They should have learned from the Quick mistake.
Potential is pie in the sky.
I just truly think you increase your odds of success when you make smart, sound, grounded decisions.
Reaching for that pie in the sky is too risky overall.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Too soon for me to praise Snead. I want to see a few years of his drafts without Fisher. I have always liked his aggressiveness, but he rolled the dice on Wagner, and he wanted Quick. Wagner would have looked great playing inside for the Rams and possibly would have allowed to take the trade with Minnesota instead of taking Tree. Warford would have been a nice addition with one of the three picks from the Vikings. Wagner not playing with Seattle would have helped too.

That 2nd round in the 2012 draft was brutal. I don't think the fisher regime ever really recovered.
For a team that had needs at practically every position, the Rams actually botched more than the 3 picks they had in that round!
1) quick never materialized into the WR the Rams have needed until...YESTERDAY!
2) pead was supposed to be the heir apparent to SJ39. Because he failed,the Rams spent 2 more picks to get stacy, another pick to get mason who has gone nuts, and finally landed Gurley. 4 more picks to get their RB!
3) trading down prior to landing pead, netted a "coveted, all important 5th rounder" that was spent on a guy who ate himself outta the league.
4) At least the Rams hit on Jenkins, who was billed as the best cover corner in the draft but fell because of character issues. I know there were detractors come contract time who really didn't care if he got re-signed and preferred TJohnson.

Don't get me wrong, I like TJohnson and was ecstatic when the Rams landed him. It was one of those times when your team actually picks a guy you really wanted them to pick. Having said that, those of us who liked Jenkins and wanted him re-signed knew it was only a matter of time before he started making pro bowls.

...and the Rams only offered him $9 mil per when everybody knew the cap would be going up for AT LEAST the next 2 years. I remember people saying he wasn't worth $12mil per!!! For an eventual pro bowl shutdown corner in his prime? After spending over $30 mil to keep TJohnson for 2 seasons, that $12 mil per looks pretty good now.

Just think if the Rams could play that 2012 2nd round all over again, and the subsequent decisions made thereafter about those players and the decisions made as a result of those misses.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Well hang on a bit longer before we sing his praises. Snead hasn't re-signed anybody of importance just yet.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That 2nd round in the 2012 draft was brutal. I don't think the fisher regime ever really recovered.
For a team that had needs at practically every position, the Rams actually botched more than the 3 picks they had in that round!
1) quick never materialized into the WR the Rams have needed until...YESTERDAY!
2) pead was supposed to be the heir apparent to SJ39. Because he failed,the Rams spent 2 more picks to get stacy, another pick to get mason who has gone nuts, and finally landed Gurley. 4 more picks to get their RB!
3) trading down prior to landing pead, netted a "coveted, all important 5th rounder" that was spent on a guy who ate himself outta the league.
4) At least the Rams hit on Jenkins, who was billed as the best cover corner in the draft but fell because of character issues. I know there were detractors come contract time who really didn't care if he got re-signed and preferred TJohnson.

Don't get me wrong, I like TJohnson and was ecstatic when the Rams landed him. It was one of those times when your team actually picks a guy you really wanted them to pick. Having said that, those of us who liked Jenkins and wanted him re-signed knew it was only a matter of time before he started making pro bowls.

...and the Rams only offered him $9 mil per when everybody knew the cap would be going up for AT LEAST the next 2 years. I remember people saying he wasn't worth $12mil per!!! For an eventual pro bowl shutdown corner in his prime? After spending over $30 mil to keep TJohnson for 2 seasons, that $12 mil per looks pretty good now.

Just think if the Rams could play that 2012 2nd round all over again, and the subsequent decisions made thereafter about those players and the decisions made as a result of those misses.

Yep. Alshon, JJ, and Wagner. Sometimes it seems to obvious, even then. I was not a huge Alshon fan but if you told me the alternative would be Quick, then I would have taken the obviously better pick in Alshon.

I really liked Wagner too and he exactly fit an obvious need. If anyone here was asked, whom they wanted Fisher to pick between Wagner and Pead, I bet the majority would have said, "Wagner and who?" and said, definitely Wagner.

I am not into cute drafts. Go big, or go safe, and save the hidden gem stuff for after round four.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I am not into cute drafts. Go big, or go safe, and save the hidden gem stuff for after round four.
Exactly.
Solid players in college have a better chance of being solid Pros.
Especially when they're playing on a team with other solid Pros.

Considering anybody on measurables from the underwear Olympics is foolhardy.
A better method is to look at how somebody plays on tape in college and measure him based on the talent they played with and played against.

Scheme fit is also very important.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snead was a lieutenant of Fisher.
Now he's a lieutenant of McVay.

Guys just trying to execute an offseason game plan for his coach. I think too much is made of him being different than Fisher. Sure, I think he prob would have made some different calls but mostly, he was not hired to be the boss and in each case he's working for the coach of the team. Now he's just working for McVay.

I think he is the guy with final say with Fisher gone, but who knows and they probably do it as a team with Snead having more experience his thoughts are probably carrying more weight.

I have a hard time thinking Snead answers to McVay but for sure he did to Fisher who was the de facto GM.

Hard to say. We really needed a tackle.

Badly........really, really badly.

Then why would you pick a admitted project?

He was the top prospect with unlimited potential..........everyone and their mothers figured he would lock down the left side for the next 10 years for whatever team drafted him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well hang on a bit longer before we sing his praises. Snead hasn't re-signed anybody of importance just yet.

Who's singing his praises?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think re-signing anyone is Sneads Job! Isn't that Demoff's job?