Should the Rams give RGIII a shot?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fin-iii-bids-washington-farewell-with-a-note/

Robert Griffin III bids Washington farewell with a note
Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2016, 1:30 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq4nty2zjljzdeyogy5odawzge5zdrjndnjzgjhodk0-e1442149281388.jpeg
AP
He had nothing to say on Sunday. He had nothing to say on Monday. But soon-to-be-former Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III left a note in his now-empty locker at team headquarters.

Robert Klemko of TheMMQB.com has posted a photo of the note, typed up with various-sized fonts and a team logo in the background. Here’s the text of it:

“People are often unreasonable, irrational & self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of self, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends, and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest & sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest & sincere anyway.

“What you spend years creating others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity & happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often by forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it’s between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

Despite an explanation that the note was hanging in Griffin’s locker all year, it seems to have been left in a prominent place. Making the note more conspicuous is the fact that the rest of the stuff in the locker is gone.

With Griffin undoubtedly on his way out in D.C. (his $16 million salary becomes fully guaranteed on the first day of the league year in March), he needs to be thinking about making himself marketable elsewhere. He’d helped himself throughout the year by keeping his mouth shut, possibly in response to the urging of Brian Mitchell, who gave Griffin a verbal smackdown in August.

The note may not hurt him, but it definitely won’t help him.

Stay classy, RGME.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
The more I think about it the more I think we will role into next year with Mannion, Keenum, and either Foles (who they will hope to rebuild) or the best veteran FA available. It is tough to think that JF will be secure going into the final year of his contract that he would bet on a project. Even if he moved up for the best QB in the draft rookie QBs pretty much always have growing pains. Is he likely to risk his future on how fast a kid picks up the system and gets up to speed? Maybe if we were talking about Luck, but most high prospect QBs are still projects (Winston and Mariota did well this year but they had ups and downs).

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I couldn't. I don't know where RGIII is at mentally...which is the thing that has held him back in the NFL.

Do you think he is still physically the same player...I know a lot of people thought he was "fragile"....was that true or were the injuries just bad luck?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think he is still physically the same player...I know a lot of people thought he was "fragile"....was that true or were the injuries just bad luck?

Yep.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I couldn't. I don't know where RGIII is at mentally...which is the thing that has held him back in the NFL.

But we can't tell where any of the 2016 are at mentally when it comes to the NFL - in the last 5 years there's only been 3 QBs which I wished the Rams could have drafted - Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Sean Mannion - As my mother would say, "i had a good feeling in my waters" with them.

I still think RGIII has tools to be useful for a QB hungry team, And we fall into that category unfortunately...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we can't tell where any of the 2016 are at mentally when it comes to the NFL - in the last 5 years there's only been 3 QBs which I wished the Rams could have drafted - Cam Newton, Andrew Luck and Sean Mannion - As my mother would say, "i had a good feeling in my waters" with them.

I still think RGIII has tools to be useful for a QB hungry team, And we fall into that category unfortunately...

But I don't know what I know about RGIII about them.

FrankenRam

Starter
I really believe that this guy has the talent to play in the NFL. Maybe a change of scenery could help him become a legitimate NFL starting QB.

What makes you believe that? He looked decent his first year when he basically extended his college sandlot style of play for a yr. But once injured, he's never been close to looking the same again. And has exhibited nothing to indicate he might be a good typical pro dropback QB.

That said, it wouldn't break my heart if the Rams brought him in for a look-see. I.e., if he's willing to come to camp and try to win a job with no guarantees of any kind (financial or playing time), I'm fine with bringing him in. It's possible he's gotten a completely rotten deal in Washington and could shine with another team. Of course, it's also possible I'll win the PowerBall tomorrow night. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for either possibility to prove true.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
to which....lol...like 3 questions in there....

To him being the same guy physically. I do think he's "fragile" in the sense that he's not Cam Newton and shouldn't be taking a ton of shots.