Should the Rams give RGIII a shot?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No.....I would look hard at these three UFA's and get one of them then draft QB and avoid RG3 at all costs :
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins

So you would go into Training Camp with a #1-UFA, #2-ERFA Keenum, #3-Mannion, #4-Foles & #5-a high drafted rookie. If Fisher can't get three decent QB's for this run dominant 2016 offense then Fisher needs to turn in his key's.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'd add this name to the list

image.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm almost on the Carson Wentz & Sean Mannion only stage....Maybe Keenum if Mannion isn't ready to back up Wentz....

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
No.....I would look hard at these three UFA's and get one of them then draft QB and avoid RG3 at all costs :
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins

So you would go into Training Camp with a #1-UFA, #2-ERFA Keenum, #3-Mannion, #4-Foles & #5-a high drafted rookie. If Fisher can't get three decent QB's for this run dominant 2016 offense then Fisher needs to turn in his key's.

I think is is safe to say that Cousins won't hit the market....worst case the Skins will tag him.
Also think there is decent shot that jets work hard to keep Fitz (not tag though...but think they will make good offer)

Stanton doesn't excite me much....I guess I see him as = keenum

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
The problem with bringing in a FA QB is that it would put us at 5 QBs (assuming they draft one which I cant imagine they dont). Now the question is do you want to give less reps to your rookie and 2nd year guy in favor of a guy that has proved he isnt a franchise QB? I feel like any FA QB signed would be for a camp arm with a long shot at making the team, which wouldnt appeal to a guy like RG3 that should have some more interest around the league

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Hell yeah let's bring him in. I mean we already have enough drama on this team as it is. Let's bring in some dude who is better at alienating himself from his teammates than he is at playing football. Maybe we will get our own reality tv show as well.

You forgot the blue font :rolllaugh:

...but yeah, my thoughts exactly. Everything I've heard about the Rams is we have a pretty solid locker room and everything I've heard about RG3 is that he's a jerk, and not liked by his teammates. I don't want anything to do with the guy.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
At this point I'm open to any and all scenarios for our next Qb.RG3 did play the good teammate didn't rock the boat this past year.So maybe just maybe he had a reality check and is ready to be part of a team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No.
Fitzpatrick is the only UFA vet that i would consider. If hard-pressed i'm bringing in Kaep over RGIII because of the durability factor, and i've seen Kaep have some success in a run-oriented offense on a defensive team. As far as personality/locker room...Kaep is a fake but he's no cancer like Griffin has been prior to this season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on the price. But I'd take him as a player over Keenum if we're ignoring the cost. But I'm still drafting a QB in the first round.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wouldn't mind picking him up on the understanding that he is likely our 2nd or third option. As a starter? Nope. But the guy has pretty good arm talent as long as he can be schooled to be a pocket passer that can move. IMO, his lower body is just too thin to take the hits someone like Russell Wilson is able to take. Exchange RGKnee for Foles? I'm good with that. I fear however, the cost would be too high for our cap room.

I'm not however worried about his attitude affecting this team. They are still young but have pretty much grown up together. He won't have a lot of allies if he tries to stir shit up. IMO of course.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As HOF QB Fran Tarkenton said,

"He is a terrible passer, has no accuracy, he doesn't understand the offense, he doesn't read defenses, and he has no discipline. When he is supposed to take a 3-yard drop, he takes a 1-yard drop; if he is supposed to take a 5-yard drop, it’s a 3-yard drop. There's no discipline and understanding."
This^ Leads-up to my answer. " NO WAY!!!!!!"

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
At this moment in time I'd trade Foles for RGIII in an instant, but I still have faith in Mannion starting for us and I'd like to see us pick up Brandon Doughty up in the draft

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd pass on RGme as well. Selfish, primadonna, whiner. Three things I hate in anybody, let alone a player on my team. I can overlook a lot of mistakes in young players but those are things that in combination don't usually turn around.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd pass on RGme as well. Selfish, primadonna, whiner. Three things I hate in anybody, let alone a player on my team. I can overlook a lot of mistakes in young players but those are things that in combination don't usually turn around.

Dysfunctional environment where the owner simultaneously enabled his arrogance and alienated him from his teammates/coaches.

He's shut up and done whatever he could to help the team this year. I'd take a chance on him being humbled for the right price. Nobody doubts the guy's talent if he can pull it all together.