Rumor Alert: Kroenke's Los Angeles Stadium is For Rams and New Soccer Team, L.A. Gunners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are they in L.A.?

no but seeing this rumour came from england and his team is called the arsenal gunners it makes perfect sense to them that his supposed la team will also be called the gunners.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
no but seeing this rumour came from england and his team is called the arsenal gunners it makes perfect sense to them that his supposed la team will also be called the gunners.

You're missing my point. With the gun violence problem in California (Country-wide, really), it would be ill advised to call a team "The Gunners." Such a team name would elicit at least some form of protest.

tonyl711

Starter
Who said it was Kroenke that was talking to the UK press?
why would anyone else comment on it? anyone from Kroenkes group would be pretty scared to get caught talking about something Stan wont talk about himself.

V3

Hall of Fame
why would anyone else comment on it? anyone from Kroenkes group would be pretty scared to get caught talking about something Stan wont talk about himself.

It happens all the time, especially when it fits what they want. Having info like this out there will only help Kroenke with regards to leverage against the CVC.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're missing my point. With the gun violence problem in California (Country-wide, really), it would be ill advised to call a team "The Gunners." Such a team name would elicit at least some form of protest.

i knew what your point was but i went off on a different tangent.

tonyl711

Starter
It happens all the time, especially when it fits what they want. Having info like this out there will only help Kroenke with regards to leverage against the CVC.
I just don't see it, could be wrong, I was once 8 years ago, lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can you say Washington Bullets?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well that settles it. The SUN has an anonymous tipster. Who can argue against THAT iron clad evidence? I'm buying my LA Rams jersey tomorrow. Oh wait. I already have some. Score! I have one question though. If this source is that good, why hasn't the National Inquirer picked it up? Maybe it was an anonymous hipster.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well that settles it. The SUN has an anonymous tipster. Who can argue against THAT iron clad evidence? I'm buying my LA Rams jersey tomorrow. Oh wait. I already have some. Score! I have one question though. If this source is that good, why hasn't the National Inquirer picked it up? Maybe it was an anonymous hipster.

Maybe it's not the "anonymous tip" that you think it is. :ROFLMAO:

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul

The Arizona Cardinals play on real grass, and they have a state of the art stadium. I can't recall anyone complaining that they need fake turf there. The Redskins had to install fake turf this year because grass doesn't grow that well in January in DC (which lead to the mud field that RG3 tore his ACL on). I don't think that's a problem in LA though, seeing as how its about 65 degrees there right now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Arizona Cardinals play on real grass, and they have a state of the art stadium. I can't recall anyone complaining that they need fake turf there. The Redskins had to install fake turf this year because grass doesn't grow that well in January in DC (which lead to the mud field that RG3 tore his ACL on). I don't think that's a problem in LA though, seeing as how its about 65 degrees there right now.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that if real grass will grow in London, it will grow in LA. Just a guess. But I have to wonder if FLV is talking more about the abuse delivered to an NFL field. I still think that with all the advances, you could easily have a pristine natural grass field all year in Southern California.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Grass wouldn't be an issue at all in LA. We have great grass for the LA Galaxy and the Dodgers. I mean shit, if LA can put an outdoor ice rink in the middle of Dodger Stadium for an hockey game, getting good grass for a football team will be a snap.

Also Seattle has the Seahawks and their soccer team share their stadium. Most of the soccer season is over the summer, ending in October too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yawn.

Honestly; I get the speculation. I understand why St. Louis media would make a story of this.

But, I just don't see it happening.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
So he's gonna introduce another soccer team to LA of which is going poorly? Now that sounds like good business. Supporting something that's in low demand is howhe became so rich. That's about as good of an idea as moving a team for a measly 2 billion dollars because he didn't want to pay a 500,000 dollar rental fee. BRILLIANT!!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
So he's gonna introduce another soccer team to LA of which is going poorly? Now that sounds like good business. Supporting something that's in low demand is howhe became so rich. That's about as good of an idea as moving a team for a measly 2 billion dollars because he didn't want to pay a 500,000 dollar rental fee. BRILLIANT!!!!

What? The Galaxy arent doing poorly.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What? The Galaxy arent doing poorly.

Just going off the article. "LA already had a culture crossed soccer team, and it's not going well."

Not sure if they're talking about the Galaxy. It makes sense being Soccer isn't nearly as popular as Baseball and Basketball.