Rumor Alert: Kroenke's Los Angeles Stadium is For Rams and New Soccer Team, L.A. Gunners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Easy answer is popularity of the sport. There are probably more soccer fans in the LA area than there are people in STL metro.

I read other speculation that the soccer team there, Chivas I think it is, could be purchased and is in dire need of resurrection as they have been ignored and declining for a long time. Maybe he is going to make a play for them, or has been talking to them.
Soccer is pretty big in St Louis and the surrounding area is threatening some HS football programs and preventing the school I coached wrestling at from considering football,we've won state titles in soccer so the soccer fans are pretty powerful. I don't get it BTW,I'd rather paint ,which is worse than watching it dry.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of attendance for the other major current LA teams, they all have killer places to play. The Rams at the big A just didn't work. It was alright, but it never felt right. Maybe the team should have been called the Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim. Get them their own new stadium in the actual Los Angeles vicinity and it will do wonders for attendance. Also, when the Rams left, it was due mostly in part to poor business management and an owner who didn't have much money. This current owner has a little more money. People like an owner who has money and spends like a madman to keep a good product on the field. Just a note about the old Dodger stadium; It is dated, but you still get a rush when you walk towards the seating area, walk into the isle and look out at that hallowed playing field. It's like coming home when you go see the Dodgers. The Ed probably feels like home to the people of St. Louis when you/they go see the Rams. I hope they can come to a reasonable agreement and somehow make it work. The recent horrible losing years were with Georgia at the helm, basically no money and running the team like a car that never got any maintenance or taking it to a mechanic that had no business turning a wrench. Stan will keep this baby of his in tip top condition. My bet is the Ed will get a major remodel.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Speaking of attendance for the other major current LA teams, they all have killer places to play. The Rams at the big A just didn't work. It was alright, but it never felt right. Maybe the team should have been called the Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim. quote]

It was more than location. I've been to a lot of sports venues. The Big A was the worst professional sports venue I have ever been to when you associate it with the sport you are watching. Baseball in the Big A was great. Football? Not at all.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All i can say is that, being from the UK myself, if this is being reported by the Sun, it's a load of s**t. They are a joke of a newspaper, who have been known to just make up stories to fill the pages. Ignore this guys, it's nothing.

I'm not having this in the slightest. How can you slag off the paper that gave us page 3?? I demand an explanation!!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
All i can say is that, being from the UK myself, if this is being reported by the Sun, it's a load of s**t. They are a joke of a newspaper, who have been known to just make up stories to fill the pages. Ignore this guys, it's nothing.

I'm not having this in the slightest. How can you slag off the paper that gave us page 3?? I demand an explanation!!
Fair point, page 3 is ok ;)

Lesson

Oh, really?
Again, why not do this in St. Louis?

Do what? The STL market can barely support 3 teams as is. While soccer is popular in St. Louis, I don't think it would be popular enough to take away attendance from the Blues in a significant manner.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Do what? The STL market can barely support 3 teams as is. While soccer is popular in St. Louis, I don't think it would be popular enough to take away attendance from the Blues in a significant manner.
Who said anything about taking attendance away from the Blues? If Stan wants to bring an off-shoot of his London soccer team to America, why not bring it to St. Louis? L.A. already has two professional soccer teams and St. Louis has zero. Seems like a much more logical place to bring a team, doesn't it?