Relocation Approved, Does This Raise FA Interest?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Part of me is posting in this thread because I don't know what else to do.

For the first time in years I didn't watch playoff weekend because I didn't care about "football". I really just wanted to see MY TEAM in the playoffs.

So, I'm crazy in off-season mode and this news has me shook. I've been super busy and barely plugged into anything and only look at the site on my phone maybe once or twice a day.

I'm sad FOR St. Louisan Rams fans. I feel for you.

I also hate that it ever came to this because it never would have come to this were it not for one of the worst owners of the last 50 years, Georgia Frontiere. I mean, you have to really be horrible for Gene Autry to give you the jam and he really did. What's worse is that as much as Autry was giving Frontiere the jam, his crap deal at the Big A was still better than playing at the Coliseum and the crap deal they were giving Frontiere. The stadium/football atmosphere was toxic for even a good leader, but for one of the worst? Yeah... both cities got dragged into her selfish losing and it was only serendipity that brought us the interruption of the GSOT for which I am eternally grateful.

As others have noted and bears repeating that who and what we root for are the players... the guys under the helmets who do the deeds that inspire us, thrill us, infuriate us, enrage us, and ultimately bring us together under the Rams banner. Like I said in another thread, I took a 4 year "hiatus" after the Rams left LA because I was so mad at them, so I understand anyone who wants to "take a break". I really do.

That said, this team is on the verge of amazing success. We've rooted for this team through the crap play, the drafts and building. Now is the right time for the team. We've already put in the time during the build, the rebuild, the re-rebuild, the teardown, the build again... you 'member... well, the party is about to start.

It'd be a shame to miss the party because the landlord is an ahole (keep in mind that most landlords in this story aren't much different...)

fancents86

Starter
Yeah, weird day in Ram land.
When it happened before the intro web wasn't around for instant feed back from others. Or if it was a thing (I honestly dont remember) I wasn't into it. I am from California but haven't lived there in a long time now. I had season tickets in LA and have never been to a game in St. Louis. I just feel kind of bummed about today. Not about either city really just it means the team is again in transition and again a vagabond. I do feel very badly for the great fans in St. Louis.
Its a weird day.
Yea I lived in Anaheim for a bit when I was younger bc that's where my mothers side of the family lived. My grandfather was a fan and season ticket holder for 30 years. My fathers side lived in STL, imagine that. Lol. So the move doesn't hit too hard for me, although I have no connections with my mothers side of the family so seeing a home game is pretty much out of the question. I just can't support a company like the nfl doing what it has just done. I was 8 when they moved to STL so I was and still am ignorant to how that all went down, but now that I can comprehend what I've witnessed I will not support it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's going to help right away with Jenks. He'll still want big money, but might not be so fixated on that other team that offered a little more now. Gotta think that plus Fisher's fascination with him means he will be the one to return.

There's gonna be a lot of FAs who are interested in being a part of a historic return with a team that is close to being a playoff contender. I know a lot of you hate Kroenke now, and that's how I felt about Georgia, but the Rams are now an elite franchise. The foundation has been laid, and if Fish has to be replaced so be it but this team has a lot of great things ahead of it.

Still feel for our STL bros, but as I learned so many years ago you can still follow a team that you love even when they aren't in your city and even when you hate the owner. My hate for Georgia is about what you guys are feeling for Stan. Believe me, I get it. But better days are ahead for us.

SO TRUE!!! The very definition of mixed feelings was watching Georgia Frontiere lift the Lombardi... Happy for my Rams... unhealthy feelings for her.

I really do understand those who have all these negative feelings about Stan Kroenke.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have alot to say moving forward, but I might giveit a day or two. For some of us its an exciting time and I look forward to the future.
I will say that I don't want the Rams to share a stadium!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I need to get this out of the way now since I'll be sharing this board with LA Rams fans... the LA Lakers suck and it's a beautiful thing. :D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I need to get this out of the way now since I'll be sharing this board with LA Rams fans... the LA Lakers suck and it's a beautiful thing. :D
As long as you leave my Dodgers alone, we'll be fine.:boxing:;)

jjab360

Legend
I have alot to say moving forward, but I might giveit a day or two. For some of us its an exciting time and I look forward to the future.
I will say that I don't want the Rams to share a stadium!
True, Spanos doesn't look too happy about getting into bed with Kroenke, he probably just stays in SD. I hope the Rams can get LA all to themselves.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah I don't want the crummy Chargers playing in our shiny new stadium either. It'll take the gloss off us and it's supposed to be ours! I'll be able to say "that's my teams stadium!" with pride but if the Chargers are there I won't in case people assume wrongly I'm a bolts fan...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I had the exact same thoughts as you. I've been feeling that Jenks will leave, now I feel he'll be back for sure. And I'm pumped for that. I do think that the team instantly becomes more attractive to FAs. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Good Point on Janoris. I agree with you. In my mind he was also out the door until this news.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As long as you leave my Dodgers alone, we'll be fine.:boxing:;)
(y) We're good there brutha. Not much of a baseball fan and the Dodgers haven't exactly been the teachers pet of the league like the Lakers have been for so long. :puke:

jjab360

Legend
True, Spanos doesn't look too happy about getting into bed with Kroenke, he probably just stays in SD. I hope the Rams can get LA all to themselves.
To add more fuel to that fire:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_4b000071-4bd7-54b4-9f32-be4223d3d057.html
In 2013, Spanos approached Kroenke about pairing up on the Inglewood/Hollywood Park site, according to league sources speaking on the condition of anonymity. It’s the same general area the Oakland Raiders and even the NFL itself had previously considered as a stadium site.

Initially, Kroenke was not aware the 60-acre tract owned by Wal-Mart was available, according to sources. In any event, Spanos didn’t hear back from Kroenke for weeks. Spanos later learned that Kroenke had excluded Spanos and purchased the land himself.

Yeah. We're officially owned by the devil lol

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
My heart bleeds for all the local St. Louis Rams fans, it truly does. I was an LA Ram fan and followed them to St. Louis, I hope some of you find it in your heart to do the same...

The Rams are dead, long live the Rams!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
But in reply to the OP - I do believe that LA is more of an "attractive" option than a move to St. Louis, and I don't mean that in disrespect at all. Its just going to be a new start, the media will be all over the team and stars will be made.

I tell you one thing though, Fisher better shift up a gear and find us a good QB that can perform and deliver, week in week out - the last thing 'new fans' will want to see is some of the down right poor QB play of this season. And I mean a QB that will be able to be in the top 10 if not the top 5 for years to come.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It does mean a pay cut for the players because of the insane taxes.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One would think it would hope too. That part of the middle earth is very attractive to many. But what type of NFL players will they be?

Having been born in Southern Cal. North Hollywood/Van Nuys area then onto San Fran Bay area then back to the Lompoc coastal area & finally departing for a more sane world....but no state is more beautiful or can offer as much as California both the good & the very very bad. That's what worries me......there is a problem will they ever support a NFL team? :thinking:

Time will tell but I am a Ram Fan for life no matter the team resides. I have no ties to St Louis or the state of Missouri so it really does not have any effect on fans like me & as we know there are many. But the new digs sure will cause many players to think more on the Rams now. One would think that the natural grass field also would help.

lockdnram21

Legend
A A A I'm from st. Louis and I love Lakers more then I like rams so leave them alobne

ohiorams

Rookie
well, as an LA native and Lakers fan.... The Lakers and their current joke of a team hasnt done much by way of attracting FA's. BUt you can't deny the allure of playing in SoCal. I'm sure that can only help
Lol every LA team rotates back to winning faster than most. 15 finals appearances in 30 years and so what,they suck now but it doesn't matter because now the Clippers don't suck. Dodgers/Angels reach playoffs,kings and Ducks Stanleys and playoffs....the Rams will be a playoff team within 3 or 4 years...without Fisher