Relocation Approved, Does This Raise FA Interest?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I think it's partially true.
-We've heard before players who want Miami or New York. LOL, this is LA and as the reporter on NFL Network said, it you're a star in LA you are a star.
-I don't remember it helping us earlier but that was a different time.

fearsomefour

Legend
well, as an LA native and Lakers fan.... The Lakers and their current joke of a team hasnt done much by way of attracting FA's. BUt you can't deny the allure of playing in SoCal. I'm sure that can only help
In fairness once the Old Man died the Lakers were screwed.
That teams success was all about Dr. Buss. His kids are idiots.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Playing in December when it could be 75 degrees is always a plus. Not to mention training camp won't be as hot and possibly keep the team a little more fresh.
Sounds like they will be playing in the coliseum for the first couple years but when the new stadium is done that will certainly draw in more talent.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
In fairness once the Old Man died the Lakers were screwed.
That teams success was all about Dr. Buss. His kids are idiots.

Sad but probably very true.
But, after we get another lottery pick and hopefully get FA's to come when Kobe is gone we'll be back on track .We have some young talent, just need more proven talent along side them.

fancents86

Starter
If location mattered, I have been lied to my entire life. Green Bay, Baltimore, New England and Pittsburgh must look more like Hawaii.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
From a draft perspective, if they do well in FA, I can now see them trading picks to move up a bit and get a guy like Wentz, assuming he projects to go between 6-13 and if they see him as a dynamic QB. They probably cant get much higher than that if he really blows up and goes top 3, but if he goes a bit lower, he could be a perfect QB to target and groom for a year or less. He could be the face if the franchise in that market if he pans out.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If location mattered, I have been lied to my entire life. Green Bay, Baltimore, New England and Pittsburgh must look more like Hawaii.

Well those teams normally don't sign many FAs. They just do a great job building their teams through the draft. So if the Rams can do that, then also have an added advantage to bring in a key FA or two each year, they could be in a great situation. Your right though, you have to draft well to be good and use FA in a smart manner.

You can look at it this way. If they were in LA a few years ago, maybe you do not have to overspend for some of your FAs like they have in the past.

fearsomefour

Legend
Baltimore has picked up some beast players in the past and was the home for many HOFer's these past years.
Sorry man, I got my thread confused.
I was thinking this was about something else.
You are 100% correct about talent and the Ravens in recent history.

fearsomefour

Legend
All good bro, I'm surprised I'm not confusing my threads ATM. Haha
Yeah, weird day in Ram land.
When it happened before the intro web wasn't around for instant feed back from others. Or if it was a thing (I honestly dont remember) I wasn't into it. I am from California but haven't lived there in a long time now. I had season tickets in LA and have never been to a game in St. Louis. I just feel kind of bummed about today. Not about either city really just it means the team is again in transition and again a vagabond. I do feel very badly for the great fans in St. Louis.
Its a weird day.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's going to help right away with Jenks. He'll still want big money, but might not be so fixated on that other team that offered a little more now. Gotta think that plus Fisher's fascination with him means he will be the one to return.

There's gonna be a lot of FAs who are interested in being a part of a historic return with a team that is close to being a playoff contender. I know a lot of you hate Kroenke now, and that's how I felt about Georgia, but the Rams are now an elite franchise. The foundation has been laid, and if Fish has to be replaced so be it but this team has a lot of great things ahead of it.

Still feel for our STL bros, but as I learned so many years ago you can still follow a team that you love even when they aren't in your city and even when you hate the owner. My hate for Georgia is about what you guys are feeling for Stan. Believe me, I get it. But better days are ahead for us.

Ram65

Legend
Interesting question. Hope it's not all those PAC 10 players or what they call it now.

It seemed that players liked the St Louis area. A lot more down to earth place to live compared to LA/SoCal. I never live in St Louis but did live in SoCal. Oh the traffic and taxes in SoCal.