Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well yea when you go out and add a Von Miller and Eric Weddle to Donald, Ramsey, Gaines , Ashawn etc, the defense is going to make stops. Morris did nothing special. He played pretty vanilla, but that's Ok. It's what we needed and he got it done.

I give Morris credit for having his guys ready. There were very little defensive breakdowns in our playoff run, mostly guys knowing their assignments and executing and the scheme being good enough. Again, he is not a top DC but he was good enough for a loaded defense with 4 future hall of famers and several other very good players.
So he is a fluke in other words? He had an all madden Defense and that was it? Yet Von miller did not help to the Bills. I mean hell you can say that it was all Weddle who got our secondary into shape, and was probably the biggest factor for our Defense being what they were… Lets hire Weddle as our D coordinator then…

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he is a fluke in other words? He had an all madden Defense and that was it? Yet Von miller did not help to the Bills. I mean hell you can say that it was all Weddle who got our secondary into shape, and was probably the biggest factor for our Defense being what they were… Lets hire Weddle as our D coordinator then…

I have used that joke before. Remember the last game of the regular season where the defense let Jimmy g tie up the game in the last 60 seconds. The safties were all over the place, had zero anticipation. We were all losing our minds at how awful they were and how meekly the d played in the 2nd half of that game.

In comes weddle for the playoffs and suddenly all the dbs are playing with confidence and anticipation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how Morris is only good because of the players but with the offense having an all madden team but that doesn't apply to McVay :D

oldnotdead

Legend
I hope it hasn't escaped everyone's attention that it's primarily the defense bearing the brunt of the releases. They are bearing the responsibility for Morris dropping the ranking from 1 to 18. Because Morris by his own admission doesn't give a fuck the defense looked lackluster. Morris' BS scheme made all the defense look bad so they are taking the blame not the damn DC.

Blame this purge on Morris and his fucked up scheme. It's pretty obvious he's blaming the players instead of himself. I'm not buying it and neither should anyone else. I don't care who you are, if you are told to play passively you are going to look bad. How long is McVay going to look the other way? Morris is destroying this defense.

oldnotdead

Legend
Ah yes, the all important 40 time!!! Hasn't that been dispelled by a multitude of great players with "slow" times. Or an equal mutitude of failures with 4.3 and 4.4 forty times.

I've been trying to figure out a math problem. If the receiver runs a 4.42 forty and the DB runs a 4.87 forty, how many yards will the WR have on the DB at the end of a 40 yard pass play? More in press. Less, if the DB is giving a 5 yd cushion? Even less with an 8 yard cushion?

And the difference ..... 4.87 - 4.42 ...... is 0.45 or less than 1/2 a second......a little more than 1/2 a yard? Then it comes down to verticle leap. And ball placement. Which why they take all those measurables at the combine and pro days. In the end the best measure is can the guy ball or not?

Forget the time. All you needed to do was watch him get repeatedly outrun by WRs and his intentional lack of effort in tackling.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jesus Christ.

We're now blaming Morris for the Rams personnel decisions.

It's beyond parody... it's a cult.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Forget the time. All you needed to do was watch him get repeatedly outrun by WRs and his intentional lack of effort in tackling.
So just out of curiosity, how many times would you say that happened? Hint: "Repeatedly" is not a specific answer. It's generic. I know the one tackle on Kelce looked horrible. Any other times? How many WRs "outran him"? Again, "repeatedly" is not a good answer. I would bet after the Kelce play, if the kid didn't level a guy, many would say a "lack of effort" on any tackle. So I count 1 on that issue. The rookie played 15 games, starting 6 and had 4 PDs and 36 solo tackles, so he must have done some things right.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
So just out of curiosity, how many times would you say that happened? Hint: "Repeatedly" is not a specific answer. It's generic. I know the one tackle on Kelce looked horrible. Any other times? How many WRs "outran him"? Again, "repeatedly" is not a good answer. I would bet after the Kelce play, if the kid didn't level a guy, many would say a "lack of effort" on any tackle. So I count 1 on that issue. The rookie played 15 games, starting 6 and had 4 PDs and 36 solo tackles, so he must have done some things right.
Well the Kelce tackle must have gotten him benched because he didn't play much after that play. And I believe there was one more tackle that was just horrible in effort.

And there were quite a few throws last year that his man had beaten him badly but the QB didn't get the ball to a wide open receiver.

However, I disagree with Old that Kendrick is a useless CB. I think he would be much better as a slot CB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope it hasn't escaped everyone's attention that it's primarily the defense bearing the brunt of the releases. They are bearing the responsibility for Morris dropping the ranking from 1 to 18. Because Morris by his own admission doesn't give a fuck the defense looked lackluster. Morris' BS scheme made all the defense look bad so they are taking the blame not the damn DC.

Blame this purge on Morris and his fucked up scheme
This shit has got to stop, you are full time trolling now. This is a Rams board. Go join a 49ers board or something

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Ah yes, the all important 40 time!!! Hasn't that been dispelled by a multitude of great players with "slow" times. Or an equal mutitude of failures with 4.3 and 4.4 forty times.

I've been trying to figure out a math problem. If the receiver runs a 4.42 forty and the DB runs a 4.87 forty, how many yards will the WR have on the DB at the end of a 40 yard pass play? More in press. Less, if the DB is giving a 5 yd cushion? Even less with an 8 yard cushion?

And the difference ..... 4.87 - 4.42 ...... is 0.45 or less than 1/2 a second......a little more than 1/2 a yard? Then it comes down to verticle leap. And ball placement. Which why they take all those measurables at the combine and pro days. In the end the best measure is can the guy ball or not?

I'm not talking about Kendrick here, just the math.

If a player runs 4.5 in the Forty, that's almost Nine Yards per-second.

So a player is covering 4.5-yards in 1/2 second.

That's around 13 feet. That's Significant.

Tano

Legend
I a
I'm not talking about Kendrick here, just the math.

If a player runs 4.5 in the Forty, that's almost Nine Yards per-second.

So a player is covering 4.5-yards in 1/2 second.

That's around 13 feet. That's Significant.
I agree - Param's math is wrong

It is more like 3 to 4 yards difference in a 40 yard dash

So let's say - it takes the receiver 20 yards to catch up to a CB 8 yards off and back pedaling at first and then goes full bore after that

That is a 2 yard advantage after 40 yards.

Kendrick should not be an outside CB.

He should be slot or safety at best.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree - Param's math is wrong

It is more like 3 to 4 yards difference in a 40 yard dash

I'm not focused on Kendrick. Little more concerned with our failing Education System here.

To suggest 1/2 a second equates to 1/2 a yard is ridiculous. At least for pro football CBs and WRs.

Now for Me, it would make sense. I can run a Forty in about 40 seconds. So 1/2 a second would be 1/2 a yard.

By-the-Way, I am also NOT an outside-cornerback.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He should be slot or safety at best.
Agreed. And what is interesting is if he can play in the slot. Because then the Rams only need one starter to field a solid group of cover options. So mix a draft pick from one of our higher picks and a bunch of UDFAs and it's conceivable they sort shit relatively well back there.

Also and btw... Our biggest offseason addition to the secondary may be the coach. Clearly we were short back there last season.