Quick and Dirty Mock to 19 after 1st round FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mitchell. One of these groups has to be elite and not just holes filled. Williams and Mitchell make a really good duo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I could see him and Arnold flipping, where would you see him going earlier?

Atlanta at #8 is his highest (I'm dead serious...or they could trade down and take him), but I could see Denver, Las Vegas, Indy, Jacksonville, or Cinci go for him as well - which isn't even counting potential trades. All of them go before us.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Dejean, Chop depending on what happens between now and the draft

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's gonna be funny is the Rams taking a DT at 19 after all our Edge, LT, CB discussions.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
1)Caleb
2)Maye
3)Daniels
4)Harrison
5)Alt
6)Nabers
7)Fashanu
8)Turner
9)Odunze
10)Fuaga
11)McCarthy
12)Bowers
13)Murphy
14)Verse
15)Arnold
16)Fautanu
17)Thomas
18)Latham

This is about the order I think they're going in which includes trades (s'why I didn't put teams down).

You've got avail:
Laitu
Mims
JPJ
Quinyon Mitchell
Wiggins
Guyton
Dejean
AD Mitchell
and Chop Robinson

Who do you take from these options now that you've seen our first wave of FA? Or another player not named. Or if you wanna trade up or down let us know.
Either corner, preferably Q. Mitchell.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I see a lot of negative comments regarding Chop Robinson, but I must say his highlight tape is pretty sick. I realize they are his best plays, but my goodness he has a quick first step.

If they were to trade back 4 or 5 picks, get a 3rd in return, and then take him, I would have no issue.

So the likely options after a trade down would be CB/S-Dejean, Edge-Robinson, OT-Guyton, OT-Mims, WR-Mitchell.

I can live with those if you can get an extra day 2 pick. That extra pick allows you to address whatever you miss out on with the 4 ypp 100 picks that you currently have.

View: https://youtu.be/peELl9mTn6k?si=PeMtWvbX8j6xp8tw

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I see a lot of negative comments regarding Chop Robinson, but I must say his highlight tape is pretty sick. I realize they are his best plays, but my goodness he has a quick first step.

If they were to trade back 4 or 5 picks, get a 3rd in return, and then take him, I would have no issue.

So the likely options after a trade down would be CB/S-Dejean, Edge-Robinson, OT-Guyton, OT-Mims, WR-Mitchell.

I can live with those if you can get an extra day 2 pick. That extra pick allows you to address whatever you miss out on with the 4 ypp 100 picks that you currently have.

His highlight plays are nice, but, you have to think the other 95% of his tape has to be lack of effort or power. If he's that effective sometimes, its puzzling why he had such underwhelming results. I know he was hurt for some of the season too.

I would be totally ok with a trade down and grabbing DeJean.

RamsinNV

UDFA
Regarding Edge players, I think there is a big drop off from Verse, Turner, and Latu. But, with CB's I don't see the same drop-off. I'll take Renardo Green in the second round. I think he's as good as any of the others ranked higher.
I like Renardo and he has really risen up boards; was way too low to begin with. That being said, all the tape I’ve seen, he is used as a press corner. He wouldn’t be a good fit IMO.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That list is quite inspiring, It is well thought out and leaves me optimistic for a great first round for our Boyz.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I like Renardo and he has really risen up boards; was way too low to begin with. That being said, all the tape I’ve seen, he is used as a press corner. He wouldn’t be a good fit IMO.
It's true, Florida's St's scheme is press-man. However, some scouting reports says that his technique in turning his hips is sometimes slow and can be in an issue in press coverage, but wouldn't be in off-man. Some of the other things the Rams would look at is his testing ; he shows explosiveness with his 10-yard split, broad and vertical jumps. He also has some experience playing Safety. I haven't found any tape of it, but is what I read in the reports. He will need reps learning how to read zone coverage. I think he will be fine with NFL coaching.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

He is fast off the ball.
Reminds me of R. Quinn, when he was in horns

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

His talent is real. That alone is gonna get him drafted pretty high but yeah I do wonder how a guy like him doesn't dominate.

@Elmgrovegnome aren't you a State fan. Where do you see Chop's value in this draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
His talent is real. That alone is gonna get him drafted pretty high but yeah I do wonder how a guy like him doesn't dominate.

@Elmgrovegnome aren't you a State fan. Where do you see Chop's value in this draft.
I still think he’s a first round talent. I’d say he’s more likely to be at the back end of round one due to his lack of size, but he was a leader for PSU. He had a huge play against Ohio State that got called back early in the game. It was a BS call. Then he goes out with an injury and the defense wasn’t the same. He was missed. He’s a good leader/high character guy. He’s an elite athlete. He’s just a bit small.

I’d be fine with the Rams picking him at 19. The guy he reminds me most of is Dante Fowler, who played well on a line with AD in the past but he won’t carry a pass rush on his own

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
What's gonna be funny is the Rams taking a DT at 19 after all our Edge, LT, CB discussions.
How about a guy like Darius Robinson? Not quite an Edge, but versatile enough to play all over the DL.
Donald,Turner, annd Robinson.
Imagine the damage THAT defensive front could do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about a guy like Darius Robinson? Not quite an Edge, but versatile enough to play all over the DL.
Donald,Turner, annd Robinson.
Imagine the damage THAT defensive front could do.
I'd be fine with him. I think he's a possible 5T and the ideal types are hard to find.