Quick and Dirty Mock to 19 after 1st round FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
1)Caleb
2)Maye
3)Daniels
4)Harrison
5)Alt
6)Nabers
7)Fashanu
8)Turner
9)Odunze
10)Fuaga
11)McCarthy
12)Bowers
13)Murphy
14)Verse
15)Arnold
16)Fautanu
17)Thomas
18)Latham

This is about the order I think they're going in which includes trades (s'why I didn't put teams down).

You've got avail:
Laitu
Mims
JPJ
Quinyon Mitchell
Wiggins
Guyton
Dejean
AD Mitchell
and Chop Robinson

Who do you take from these options now that you've seen our first wave of FA? Or another player not named. Or if you wanna trade up or down let us know.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I have to jump at Mitchell. If I am feeling dangerous, I try and trade down a few spots, and hope that one of Mitchell, Dejean and Laitu remain on the board.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
1)Caleb
2)Maye
3)Daniels
4)Harrison
5)Alt
6)Nabers
7)Fashanu
8)Turner
9)Odunze
10)Fuaga
11)McCarthy
12)Bowers
13)Murphy
14)Verse
15)Arnold
16)Fautanu
17)Thomas
18)Latham

This is about the order I think they're going in which includes trades (s'why I didn't put teams down).

You've got avail:
Laitu
Mims
JPJ
Quinyon Mitchell
Wiggins
Guyton
Dejean
AD Mitchell
and Chop Robinson

Who do you take from these options now that you've seen our first wave of FA? Or another player not named. Or if you wanna trade up or down let us know.
Mitchell

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as picking a LT in the 1st round of the draft... Mims and Guyton leave me cold at that position and don't see anyone avail at 19 that I'd want to pick.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Quinyon Mitchell.

The only LTs worth taking in R1 are Alt and Fashanu, and they are both gone.

I’d take Turner or Verse if they were available, but as they aren’t it has to be Mitchell. Arguably the BPA and definitely fills a major need.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Of those options the conversation would be Latu or Guyton. I'd take Latu.

WestCoastRam

Legend
BTW, I think you could flip Arnold and Q Mitchell in this, I'm not sure which goes first but the way the board stacks up, I think the 2nd one may be there for us.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
1000003211.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Absolutely would have to be Quinyon Mitchell, but I guarantee he goes earlier; he's honestly the most talented corner in this class.

Also wouldn't mind trading down several spots with these options.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Mitchell, or move back 3 or 4 picks to take Dejean or Guyton

WestCoastRam

Legend
Absolutely would have to be Quinyon Mitchell, but I guarantee he goes earlier; he's honestly the most talented corner in this class.

Also wouldn't mind trading down several spots with these options.
Yeah, I could see him and Arnold flipping, where would you see him going earlier?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Latu or Mitchell are the easy top 2 choices here. I'm scared of both being gone. Latu is at minimum a top 3 defensive player in the draft if his medicals are clean and is likely gone. If he's there at 19, that means a lot of teams probably didn't like his med exam results, which is a bit of a concern. Mitchell I think has gained a ton of momentum to go prior to 19 also, possibly as the top CB. I'm guessing, if they both moved up, a few OL would drop, which is not ideal for us. DeJean would be my 3rd choice and I think he will be there. Very worst case, he's pro bowl level dominant safety.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Regarding Edge players, I think there is a big drop off from Verse, Turner, and Latu. But, with CB's I don't see the same drop-off. I'll take Renardo Green in the second round. I think he's as good as any of the others ranked higher.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Latu or Mitchell are the easy top 2 choices here. I'm scared of both being gone. Latu is at minimum a top 3 defensive player in the draft if his medicals are clean and is likely gone. If he's there at 19, that means a lot of teams probably didn't like his med exam results, which is a bit of a concern. Mitchell I think has gained a ton of momentum to go prior to 19 also, possibly as the top CB. I'm guessing, if they both moved up, a few OL would drop, which is not ideal for us. DeJean would be my 3rd choice and I think he will be there. Very worst case, he's pro bowl level dominant safety.
What you say about Latu could be true, but it could also be that other teams covet physical traits and Latu is the least athletic of the 3. Combined with other positions pushing Edge rushers down, I think there is a 50/50 chance he falls to 19

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is taking into account his medicals being fine. I just think the other players are better and teams like them better.