Offseason Trade Options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
just need a good player at the center position
train
Agreed should be rather easy to get the bare minimum fix going on this line. They could try to upgrade at RG too but either way the days of Blythe chasing guys to the QB are over. :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here's the question in my mind: how much longer will Whitworth be able to beat father time? I mean, after all, father time is undefeated. I dont want to get rid of Noteboom or Havenstein because what happens when you do and the Whitworth gets hurt again or falls off the cliff mid-season. Now you have no good depth at OT. These days it takes a year or two for any really good Olineman to really come into their own due to the schemes ran at the collegiate level. Thats with top picks. Might a top pick guy come in and produce right off the bat? Yes, but he isn't going to be havenstein or even Noteboom probably for the 1st year. Solid, not great. Not the Noteboom is great...yet.

In my mind, protecting Jared Goff and allowing him to flourish is priority #1 from here on out. I dont care what anyone says, dude is legit talented. Aaron Rodgers, for all his talent, has been on the outside looking in for years. Conversation had begun about how great he really even was and if he was declining early. Now he has an elite Oline and look at him. Jared Goff isn't even 27 years old for crying out loud.

Oh, that brings up another great point. The Packers oline and the importance of depth. Baktieri (sp?), his truly elite LT is out for the season. That line hasn't even skipped a beat. Imagine a sub-par tackle against Floyd in that playoff game. Maybe it goes a little differently.
That brings up another point. Let Floyd go. I mean, try to retain him ofc, just not to the detriment of other positions. Who tf was Floyd before AD? Was Floyd a factor against high level oline with AD hurt? No he wasn't. Floyd is not a guy who excells without someone else present to be a difference maker. Floyd is a piece of the puzzle, not a cog. Puzzle pieces are replaceable. I dont think you pay a puzzle piece 14+ mil/year. You plug another dude in who can do the same stuff. You build around your cogs. AD, Ramsey, Goff. Those are the guys that you support. It just so happens that Goffs play is directly impacted by every single person on the O, more so than any other position. To me, the choice is obvious. I find another + edge type for cheap and retain JJ. Make him a cog. Allow the draft to maintain the amazing safety/secondary depth. If you can't retain JJ, let him and Floyd walk, back fill safety with the current roster/draft, find another + edge type for cheap, go after a Center.

Anyways. Thats my take. It may be unpopular, im sorry if it is. I respect yalls ideas and opinions. I just happen to see it in another shade of blue.

you lost me at Noteboom

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McVay clearly wanted the trio of Woods/Kupp/Jefferson moving forward.

He clearly wanted Goff long term too.

But after last year, something isn't working - he was either wrong about the QB or wrong about the WRs. And the problem is, whether we get a WR or not, we've invested a lot of money and then a 2nd rounder in those 3 WRs, so relegating one (VJ) to the bench likely won't happen.

2021 will be make or break for almost every offensive player outside of the rookies from last year.

Did Snead shit the bed drafting Jefferson as the deep threat? Or did he draft Jefferson to replace Kupp or Woods when their contracts are up or allow them to be traded?

I’m guessing because of all of the Senior Bowl fastest guy on the field talk that it was the first one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Snead shit the bed drafting Jefferson as the deep threat? Or did he draft Jefferson to replace Kupp or Woods when their contracts are up or allow them to be traded?

I’m guessing because of all of the Senior Bowl fastest guy on the field talk that it was the first one.
Probably a combination of the two. I'm sure Snead had it in his head that Jefferson is a possession wideout. But he's got underrated long speed and we did see that in the second half of the season with him being used and getting deep.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's one problem with Woods/Kupp/Jefferson.
They are all the same WR. We have 3 Possesion WR's and have missed the Cooks type of WR.
We need a physical contrast. It could be a speed WR or a big one, but he has to be capable
of causing mismatches deep. Reynolds at 6'3 was supposed to be one of those guys, but has not
shown any of the jump ball ability he did in college.

It would help to have a speedy #4 WR, but I think those three are capable of doing the trick, especially if Van makes a jump in his second year.

dang

Legend
It would help to have a speedy #4 WR, but I think those three are capable of doing the trick, especially if Van makes a jump in his second year.
So who is going to be the red zone threat we need to score TDs and not kick FGs?

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Watching Akers highlights from last year. Man we have to get him more involved in the
passing game some how. He could add another dimension to the pass game.

Would love to see them have him run the jet motion out of empty It would give them a run threat
out of empty formation as well as him releasing him into routes. He has the speed
to exploit the seam as well as the ability to run our jet sweep better than the WR's

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love to see them have him run the jet motion out of empty It would give them a run threat
out of empty formation as well as him releasing him into routes. He has the speed
to exploit the seam as well as the ability to run our jet sweep better than the WR's
Sign me up. And I agree the guy is going to be a terror for opposing defenses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching Akers highlights from last year. Man we have to get him more involved in the
passing game some how. He could add another dimension to the pass game.

I think we'll see him more involved next year. I expect he'll be better equipped to handle protections in his second year. I hope to see Darrell Henderson more involved too. He's a legitimately good receiving HB, especially on wheel routes.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All depends on the other side of the deal...:hiding:
Ok, so I guess I'd have to think about if offered:
Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Fisher and a couple 1st round picks
Short of that, there isnt an other side worth considering

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I think we'll see him more involved next year. I expect he'll be better equipped to handle protections in his second year. I hope to see Darrell Henderson more involved too. He's a legitimately good receiving HB, especially on wheel routes.
Love the wheel routes. Run off the corner and slip the wheel in behind it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wont miss Brown on wheel routes, that's for sure....
Henderson is the forgotten break out player for this team. He was amazing early on and will definitely have a chip on his shoulder heading in to next year. Got to love the RB room going forward

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wont miss Brown on wheel routes, that's for sure....
Henderson is the forgotten break out player for this team. He was amazing early on and will definitely have a chip on his shoulder heading in to next year. Got to love the RB room going forward

Yep. Just gotta hope those two can stay healthy. They're one hell of a pairing. I expect Akers to get the lion share of the work, but we should still find opportunities to work in Henderson. He's a talented player in his own right, and his explosiveness can really punish a defense when he has fresh legs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
All depends on the other side of the deal...:hiding:

How many drafts can a team go through without ever finding an Aaron Donald? A first ballot Hall of famer thats regarded as possibly the best at his position all time? Its happened a handful of times since the NFL draft began 57 years ago. It started with 14 teams but has been up to 32 For 20 years. That is a lot of draft picks through the years.

Then consider the number of misses in the first round. Snead is included in that possibility as we know he wasted some opportunities. Then also consider the chance of entire first rounds lacking in top of the league talent or even entire drafts. It would not be worth 4 first round picks imo. You could draft four Greg Robinson’s, Tavon Austin’s, or Tye Hills.

I’ll never forgive the Rams for trading Dickerson. The return was like they gave him away. Ditto Bettis. Getting the good to great player, like Faulk or Jim Everett is always the better play.

Last edited:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I’ll never forgive the Rams for trading Dickerson. The return was like they gave him away. Ditto Bettis. Getting the good to great player, like Faulk or Jim Everett is always the better play.

are you saying we should have traded away the pick we used to get donald for a proven veteran.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So who is going to be the red zone threat we need to score TDs and not kick FGs?
It would be cool if Hopkins turns out to be a stud TE and a good red zone threat.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have Boom to play at LT. The biggest need of the Chargers is on their OL, especially at OT. As flawed as Havenstein is he is better than anyone they have. I have also heard that Sean knows the new Charger HC!

The cap situation right now is that the Rams have a cap deficit of $27.7M. They can reclaim about $15M by releasing 3 players, Havenstein, Whitworth, and Brockers. Those 3 moves would put them in striking distance of Floyd who will probably get about $13-$14M. Williams is a bit trickier because he's a RFA. This allows Williams to shop himself and after his play this year, he's going to draw a lot of interest. So the Rams are likely to slap a 1st round tender on him that he's clearly worth and hope for the best. But I don't see Snead waiting for others to make his decision. I think they will simply make him a fair market value contract and simply structure it to give them space this year.
Cut 3 players so we are only over by $12mil instead of $27mil. Even then we still have pay other players to fill their slots and that takes at least $2.8mil at the minimum, so we save $12mil.

Still lot more work to do before we can afford Floyd. It should be very interesting to see how it plays out.
We'll probably end up kicking the can down the road a little farther.