Official Vent Thread: Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The more the Rams are in control of the game(and the momentum)....the more schizophrenic and dumb Shotty's playcalling becomes.
What is Shotty's love with throwing the ball on 3rd and short with this team? I thought we were a power running team. Especially when we're starting a backup QB.
The Cards did not want to defend the run today.

And yeah, i'm finally ready to sit Davis down. We've found our backup.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Miss me yet
Sam-Bradford-Featured-Video_-600x330.jpg

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I don't know if Jenkins is playing hurt or just regressed but he sucked today
Hurt. And you think so? What TD did he give up? What deep pass did he give up? I know Tru and McLeod gave up a John Brown TD. I know JJ took on a olinemen and got beat on the Ellington TD. I would like some examples of Jenkins sucking today.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
The more the Rams are in control of the game(and the momentum)....the more schizophrenic and dumb Shotty's playcalling becomes.
What is Shotty's love with throwing the ball on 3rd and short with this team? I thought we were a power running team. Especially when we're starting a backup QB.

The thing that drives me nuts with those 3rd and short throws is when he decides to empty the backfield. Basically telling the defense we're throwing.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
What the fuck happened to Givens? Rookie Year Givens was great. This Givens of the past two years blows. I wish Greg Salas or Pettis were back. Fuck, remember that game in his rookie year against the Niners? He wasn't just hitting the deep shit but was running all sorts of intermediate and underneath stuff. Now he just sucks at everything.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing that drives me nuts with those 3rd and short throws is when he decides to empty the backfield. Basically telling the defense we're throwing.

Cards did that to us today...and it worked. Because their QB got the ball out quickly and negated the blitz with hot reads.

I am sorry to keep banging the same drum but we need a QB that processes things quickly.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
This whole team has been inconsistent this year. We've had games when the offense scored plenty of points but the defense could stop the other team. Now the defense is playing well and the offense can't score hardly anything. I still think Davis is going to keep starting unless he gets hurt. Hill will not be on this team next year. As much as a lot of people don't like Davis they have given him a spot as a backup qb. I want Hill to play because I think he gives us the best chance to win but on the other hand I want Davis to keep playing because Hill will not be here next year. We all pretty much knew when Bradford went down that this season was over. We held out hope but after this week there is no playoffs this year for sure. Fisher will keep Davis in to get more experience. And honestly, if Davis is the backup qb next year wouldn't you want him to have as much experience as possible in case he has to come in due to injury? Just is really deflating that this offense is still not good. How many years has this offense been bad? How many free agents and draft picks have been added to the oline? And yet still we need help at qb, oline, and wr. Just really sucks. Plus the injuries haunt this team every year it seems like.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's what gets me.

I mean, the facts are we don't score enough.

But... some of the decision making is just maddening.

Walter

Rookie
I really don't understand the offense at all. What happened to using speed on the deep routes? TA, givens could do what Brown did tonight. If there is any positive I am sure everyone now knows Davis is not the answer. Any pressure tho past few weeks and he completely folds.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
After last week, I was willing to give Davis at least one more week to see if he could recover and show that he's learned from a couple of bad outings. If figured such outings were understandable for a young QB with limited playing time, still developing, etc. And KC and SF on the road are tough games for good experienced QB's. But today was the last straw, as I do think it's time to go with Hill and see what he can do. While AZ's defense isn't chopped liver, it's not in the same class as the previous two, and Davis melted down against them, when the game was on the line. Handing them 14 points the way he did, at crunch time, is unacceptable, and it's not hard to pin this loss on him.

I like Davis and think he's been a great story, but I think the league has caught up to him, and he hasn't counter-adjusted, nor does it look like he will. Moreover, it looks like he's lost confidence in himself, and that rubs off on teammates, who will lose confidence in him as well. But more importantly, if he's not able to get it done any more as he did in the earlier games, then it will negatively impact the development of other guys, like Austin and Bailey. Let's get Hill in there and develop those guys. And learn how to win some games too. I think today's game was one in which experience in the 4th quarter would have been invaluable and probably allowed us to pull it out.

It may cost us some draft positioning, but this team has to learn how to win and close games out. We can't do it if our QB is giving away games at crunch time.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Davis is clearly not the answer. But this is what the we (the fans, myself included) wanted, of course not all fans. But the vast majority was foaming at the mouth that Fisher still had not announced AD over Hill. When Fisher had announced that Davis is the starter he also said that it would be for the rest of the season. I'm curious to see if he sticks to it. I think Davis completely implodes and gets benched by halftime within the next 2 games.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Cards did that to us today...and it worked. Because their QB got the ball out quickly and negated the blitz with hot reads.

I am sorry to keep banging the same drum but we need a QB that processes things quickly.

"a QB that processes thing quickly"

Guess that rules Brett Hundley out, as much a I want to root for the guy being a long time Bruin fan, processing things quickly just doesn't seem to be his forte.

F. Mulder

Starter

I agree. Shit, when did 3rd and 1 or 2 become a passing down and shotgun for god's sake? Run the effing ball and see what happens. We have two bangers in Cunningham and Stacy and one guy who can beat the first Defender and maybe take one to the house. I HATE out 3rd down calls and execution. It's like we are being dictated to instead of doing the dictating, which I thought was our MO

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I think this is the only thing I've said about Sam Bradford that was mean spirited.

Apologies if I offended anybody. I was just venting.

Feel free to suspend, ban, or kick me off the site if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.