Official Vent Thread: Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The good news is that when we draft a QB in the first round next year he's going to have his ass handed to him by our OL, I'll go to bed looking forward to that.

I don't agree. Look what Carson Palmer did today when we blitzed him. You have to get the ball out to beat the blitz in the NFL. Davis gets himself killed because he doesn't make quick decisions.

We are going to have to address one OG spot this off-season and add some depth.(I think Barnes or Jones can handle the Center job) But our OL isn't as bad as they seem. Davis doesn't help them out. Wells and Joseph need to be replaced. The other guys are all solid or better starters.

Philly5

Rookie
Team is playing hard, but most games seem to follow the same script.

Davis really struggles to pull the trigger. His 3/4 throwing style looks like it contributes to his inaccuracy. Little surprising that the Rams are asking him to be mostly a pocket passer.

Didn't see much of Dunbar and JL.

The good news is that when we draft a QB in the first round next year he's going to have his ass handed to him by our OL, I'll go to bed looking forward to that.

Actually you know what, fuck it lets draft Winston, a life time playing on this team should be punishment enough for that sexual assault, and I'll also be able to take pleasure in Rams losses.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How about running the plays that actually work more than once a game. It can't be any worse than the crap hey are losing with. Jet sweep successful, RUN IT AGAIN or at least run that action a few times with other options!!!!

Did we see another pass down the seem or any kind of pass to Cook?

AD has had his chance and has proved he is not an NFL QB at this point. Getting him hammered every week for 7 more weeks will kill any chance he had to improve.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I usually don't do these things but:

The D played really well. I don't know if Jenkins is playing hurt or just regressed but he sucked today. Also, Quinn has one basic move which is a speed rush outside. Reminds me of L Little before he developed an inside swim move. Blitzes in the second half didn't get there.

Offensively this one is squarely on Davis IMO. Given good field position he takes another out of FG range sack. He urinates himself at the sight of pressure. On the run he pulls the ball down and most plays are dead. When rolling out he is either content or has been told to just dump it (I have a hard time believing something isn't there). Does this team have a screen or a WR bubble screen in its offense? Can Davis have a play where once he just sets his back foot he throws it deep or some kind of 1-read play? I hate Joseph.

Oh well, as usual the team shows its potential and ruins a lot of nice efforts by players and units and can't play a full game. They desperately need a QB next season.

Bubble screens don't work unless you run the defense off with the deep ball or they're essentially giving you a 2 v. 2 look outside. We threw one to Austin. He turned a terrible play into a huge gain. Threw one to Givens and he couldn't work the Austin magic.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I usually don't do these things but:

The D played really well. I don't know if Jenkins is playing hurt or just regressed but he sucked today. Also, Quinn has one basic move which is a speed rush outside. Reminds me of L Little before he developed an inside swim move. Blitzes in the second half didn't get there.

Offensively this one is squarely on Davis IMO. Given good field position he takes another out of FG range sack. He urinates himself at the sight of pressure. On the run he pulls the ball down and most plays are dead. When rolling out he is either content or has been told to just dump it (I have a hard time believing something isn't there). Does this team have a screen or a WR bubble screen in its offense? Can Davis have a play where once he just sets his back foot he throws it deep or some kind of 1-read play? I hate Joseph.

Oh well, as usual the team shows its potential and ruins a lot of nice efforts by players and units and can't play a full game. They desperately need a QB next season.
What I have been taking out of this season, is that when we have decent QB play, we will be pretty damn good.

And, I will be content with that, for now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about running the plays that actually work more than once a game. It can't be any worse than the crap hey are losing with. Jet sweep successful, RUN IT AGAIN or at least run that action a few times with other options!!!!

Did we see another pass down the seem or any kind of pass to Cook?

AD has had his chance and has proved he is not an NFL QB at this point. Getting him hammered every week for 7 more weeks will kill any chance he had to improve.

That's ironic because watching him get hammered makes me want to get hammered. ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm so sad...

I can't beleive Davis played that bad when the team actually gave him a good chance to succeed. The trend early on was he keeps getting better, now he keeps getting worse. Davis maks Sam look like a HOF QB.

I'm soooo... beyond even knowing what to say. The team's future looks bright, the QB situation looks bleak. IDK how to fix it.

Stanton was under the same pressure as Davis.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That's ironic because watching him get hammered makes me want to get hammered. ;)
Sorry, but the dude hammers himself, more than I care to mention. TMI.

It's almost uncanny how he runs directly into pressure, something that I mentioned last week.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't agree. Look what Carson Palmer did today when we blitzed him. You have to get the ball out to beat the blitz in the NFL. Davis gets himself killed because he doesn't make quick decisions.

We are going to have to address one OG spot this off-season and add some depth.(I think Barnes or Jones can handle the Center job) But our OL isn't as bad as they seem. Davis doesn't help them out. Wells and Joseph need to be replaced. The other guys are all solid or better starters.

The OL needs help, but I agree that we need a QB who can think fast, get the ball out quickly, and make the right decisions, because Davis can't do that. He needs a perfect line and that's clear to me now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
16c47ll.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here's the gist of what I said in the other thread. We have to win out to make the playoffs. Not happening. Davis needs to be benched. He did more to stop Austin and Bailey today than any Arizona DB.

Did anyone watch how Carson Palmer handled our blitzes? Blame the OL all you want, Scott Wells and Davin are infuriating, but Palmer got the ball out quickly. Davis doesn't do that. He processes things to slowly.

The guy flat out ignores Austin a lot of the time. Tavon isn't going to progress when the QB can't get him the ball on his bread and butter routes.

It's Hill time. Gotta see what he can do.

We don't have a QB right now and it sucks. Nearly impossible to win in this league without a QB.

The defense did its job.
Yes he does, yes it is and yes they did.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My vent?

Not really a vent but just sort of a hypothesis;

Jeff Fisher really must feel secure with his job status to have not yet realized starting Austin Davis over #14 does not give the Rams their best shot a winning.

I think by now he clearly must realize AD is not the answer.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Learn how to block!

I'm tired of hearing about the legendary skills of coach Boudreau. This OL has been consistently man handled since he's been here. Seems like every FA OL brought in immediately plays worse for the handful of games they actually stay healthy for.
You'd think playing for this great OL coach they would get better or at least stay the same fur pucks sake.

And stop signing/ drafting players you don't have a damn plan for. Britt and Austin should be the best pieces on the chess board but they are just pawns because they have no real plan for these guys. When was the last time they used Tavons speed on a deep route? Hell almost never. Six yards is a fricken long bomb with Shotty's play calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.