Let's Make Mannion Trade Bait...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Hopefully Goff gets more play time next week. I would like to see him in action up to the two minute warning.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's 1st series was not great. Hard to get a read on his performance with that gift of a fumble.
Will say that it was great to see both he and Mannion use the middle of the field. Been a minute since we've seen that

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's 1st series was not great. Hard to get a read on his performance with that gift of a fumble.
Will say that it was great to see both he and Mannion use the middle of the field. Been a minute since we've seen that
McVay just said Goff is going to play into the 2nd quarter next week so that should give us a better view of his progression

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler

Goff had nothing to do with the fumble. The Pass he through was accurate. The defender just knocked the ball out with a nice hit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing to note though they looked good in the red zone. That's very important especially since there were comments from camp that they struggled there vs the Chargers in the last scrimmage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing to note though they looked good in the red zone. That's very important especially since there were comments from camp that they struggled there vs the Chargers in the last scrimmage.
That pass to Robert Woods in Traffic was balls-on-accurate by Goff. Woods caught it, and then fumbled it after a hit...I really don't think Goff could have done much better today, considering the collapse on the right side against the run. Poor Gurley was getting hit behind the line right after getting the hand off. Goff did not look lost whatsoever.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff had nothing to do with the fumble. The Pass he through was accurate. The defender just knocked the ball out with a nice hit.
I was referring to the gift fumble by Dallas giving the Rams the ball on the 30 after a 3 and out.
Woods shoulda scored the td there

fearsomefour

Legend
The improvements I saw in Mannion was he moved better in the pocket. He slide in the pocket a couple of times and found a receiver. That is progress.
I like Mannion developing as a backup for the Rams.
That said, Goff would have to be a disaster or injured for Mannion to start.
That is not super likely (the disaster part) because the Rams have coach who is capable of creating some offense.
If Goff were really to struggle he could create some easy throws for him to get things going a bit. I expect an up and down year from Goff.
That O line HAS to gel and the run game HAS to be at least solid.

Ram65

Legend
Mannion looked better. Nothing really stood out to me. He is a decent lower cost backup. I don't see him as trade bait. The remote change of a trade leaves the Rams with no backup. Rams need to find a OG another way.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
to whom...for what?

I didn't think Mannion showed much yesterday....so...I don't think he'd bring much in a trade.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
to whom...for what?

I didn't think Mannion showed much yesterday....so...I don't think he'd bring much in a trade.
To Pittsburgh for David DeCastro. Big Ben is getting old and Mannion could be their next STUD. If only the Browns owner could trade ownership with the Steelers, we could get this deal done!:rockon:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I rather keep Sean and not rely on Dan freakin Orlovsky as a backup.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
exactly, untill we draft another QB
train
RG3, this is Les Snead with the Los Angeles Rams. You wanna be a Ram?
~Les Snead after the Mannion trade

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's important in the OP's post is that a trade for OL would be wise at this point. This team doesn't have a lot of pieces they can afford to part with, it's a very small list. So even though I don't think Mannion would have the value to get us a serviceable OL, I would move either him or more likely him as part of a package with a more valuable piece (which would most likely be Trumaine or Tavon) to do that.

Nothing is more important than protecting our young QB in what is going to be a pass heavy offense.