Let's calm down a bit, boys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Im a little surprised by how many seem to not know or understand that not only were there basically no starters, even the "2nd teams" were chock full of 3rd and 4th stringers.

Also - since when did Obo get healthy? I have seen a few people mention him... I dont think he is back, and if he is, he is a rookie who hasnt been involved at all because of injury.
Our "starting LBers" were NOT playing, except Samson, who looked good.

So yeah. Wayyyy too much over reacting.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I don't see anyone raging over last night's game. I do see far more telling others to calm down and that it doesn't mean anything, (even though it was enough to force them to post).
From what I see, many are reacting to our TEAM playing bad football. Winning in the preseason means nothing, but playing like a football TEAM does mean something.

It's very simple, our TEAM played piss poor last night......that's all anyone is saying and no one cares if the starters were in or not....Bad Football = Bad Football!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah i already corrected myself I was speaking of Ebu, i get those dudes confused

I also want to see Hagar with the 1's not the 2's. That Dline was downright awful against their 1s. Hopefully we stay healthy all year with our guys.
I can definitely see Hagar making the team. I just think he's a backup not a starter.
I saw good and bad from Ebu but I liked the pressure he was generating of the edge.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I've been wanting to see Allen, and I like what I saw from him. I need to see more Allen, I don't need to see anymore of Mannion, because when the lights come on, his lights go dim.

Running back is going to be a real battle. We have 4 guys who can play in the NFL. I think Brown could be pushed for his #2 spot.

The new rule, lowering the head, is going to cause some problems, and I think they called it wrong a couple of times. I hope everyone figures this one out, or we will have more blow-out games, based on penalties alone.

Speaking of penalties, wow, the Ravens sure had everything figured out, including how to tackle Westbrook without a flag on Jackson's TD. They Bras finally started evening it out in the 2nd half.

Harbaugh sure is a good coach........in the preseason.

Kiser, Lawler, Wilson, Scales, and Howard, all flashed on a few plays, but they are pretty green, and a little light in the shorts.

Ebukam and Westbrooks were, by far, the best of the DL, but we didn't really stunt, twist, or blitz like the Ravens did. I do remember blitzing a time or two after we couldn't move the ball, then Hekker shanked it. Just a simple blitz, and we took them straight out of their offense.

JoJo was very exciting on special teams returns, and made a really nice catch.

I think one could argue that we played our third string or worse against the Ravens, mostly one's. I think our depth chart will change over the next couple of weeks, where on offense, especially OL, will all flop. Our 3rd line was much better than our 2nd, and it wasn't even close. Flashes from Noteboom, Demby, and Allen, but Allen got moved like a doll on one play. Noteboom was the best, but he needs to work on re-anchoring. I think we have a player in him. Lucas was disappointing, but he was going against a couple real good pass rushers. Not making an excuse, because if he had to play, that would be his gig.

I was upset with the tackling in the secondary. A couple guys had some outstanding coverage, but the WR's made great plays. Troy Hill got picked on, like a red headed step child. Marqui made a few good plays, and some not so good plays, but at least he showed up.

…..

Legend
So...no starters in game 1

No starters in game 4

I guess they'll get a couple series in game 2 and probably alittle more than a quarter in game 3...maaaaaaybe a half.

Hope its enough.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So...no starters in game 1

No starters in game 4

I guess they'll get a couple series in game 2 and probably alittle more than a quarter in game 3...maaaaaaybe a half.

Hope its enough.
I bet they come out like a terror to the teams they play...Our team isn't a Jeff Fisher punchline anymore..lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I didn't watch the game. I just saw the score. My reaction? Who gives a crap. Wake me up when the regular season begins.

My sentiments as well, I concur.

The first preseason game. LOL.

Where the hell is Chicken Little when you need that fucker.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Ravens first stringish vs Rams 2nd stringish.

Bad excuse. Our 2nd stringers are NFL caliber players and should play way better than that. These 2nd stringers may need to come in and replace the first stringers at some point and need to be ready. All have had minimumly one year in the NFL already under top tier coaching staff they should be way more prepared. Did you see how bad Troy Hill, Mannion, Williams. Lucas, Neary etc played I would be frightened to see them enter a game.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My sentiments as well, I concur.

The first preseason game. LOL.

Where the hell is Chicken Little when you need that freaker.
I haven't seen anybody needing that little chicken fucker around here. IMO, the posts are all about what people saw, and watched for. In preseason, we like to evaluate depth; we like to see where there might be competition; we like to see who is staying, and who should go. If you guys don't want to watch the preseason games, that's great for you. Some of us like to watch them.

Speaking for myself, I know the win or loss means nothing for me, or the Rams. It meant a lot to the Ravens though. Playing the way we did, even if just on an individual basis, doesn't mean everything, but it means something...about 60%, or more of the guys who played last night, will probably never play another season in the NFL. I still root for those Cinderella players, and be assured, roster spots, and depth are evaluated in these games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bad excuse. Our 2nd stringers are NFL caliber players and should play way better than that. These 2nd stringers may need to come in and replace the first stringers at some point and need to be ready. All have had minimumly one year in the NFL already under top tier coaching staff they should be way more prepared. Did you see how bad Troy Hill, Mannion, Williams. Lucas, Neary etc played I would be frightened to see them enter a game.

Warm-up game. I also saw Troy Hill play outstanding football last year in the playoffs against Atlanta. He's our #4 or #5 CB (depending on Shields), so I'm not concerned.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what’s the solution cut everybody if they have a bad practice? We’re just going to bypass the coaches they get one chance to coach a guy and if he has a bad game we just get rid of the player? Or maybe we fans not over react to one glorified practice and let the process happen, sounds like a better process than panicking to me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So what’s the solution cut everybody if they have a bad practice? We’re just going to bypass the coaches they get one chance to coach a guy and if he has a bad game we just get rid of the player? Or maybe we fans not over react to one glorified practice and let the process happen, sounds like a better process than panicking to me.

Technically half the roster is gonna get cut anyway....Thanos style.

tenor.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did you see how bad Troy Hill, Mannion, Williams. Lucas, Neary etc played I would be frightened to see them enter a game.
I would also be frightened if I saw all of them enter a meaningful regular season game. Especially if they entered the game with all the other 17 non-starters AGAIN. If one or two of the above five entered a regular season game? Not so much.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Simply awesome Ramowl!
Might want to also mention as part of your creed is to listen to most any song by the Lovin' Spoonful like "You didn't have to be so nice" and/or a song like "Happy together" by the Turtles.
Both songs in addition to your creed are most assuredly going to calm any frazzled Rams fan.

I guarantee it!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Warm-up game. I also saw Troy Hill play outstanding football last year in the playoffs against Atlanta. He's our #4 or #5 CB (depending on Shields), so I'm not concerned.

Agree on Troy Hill. What we saw last night was a ton of Mikell- Nixon- Hill & Peterson. Kevin Peterson is an UDFA who has been signed 4 times & released 3 times. He did have one great gm in wk #17 last season in his only start. He might move ahead of Troy Hill as our 4th corner if he can continue to improve. Nixon has been on five different teams signed 9 times & released 8 times. Nixon has dressed for 2 reg. season gms no starts. Mikell is a rookie UDFA.

Safety was first Countess/Christian both fighting to move into Cody Davis position of last season. Neither bring a total package with both entering their 3rd seasons having issues in coverage & wrapping up to tackle last night. Behind them Rams showcased five rookie UDFA's. Of the five Ramon Richards & Nate Holley had the better performances.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Agree on Troy Hill. What we saw last night was a ton of Mikell- Nixon- Hill & Peterson. Kevin Peterson is an UDFA who has been signed 4 times & released 3 times. He did have one great gm in wk #17 last season in his only start. He might move ahead of Troy Hill as our 4th corner if he can continue to improve. Nixon has been on five different teams signed 9 times & released 8 times. Nixon has dressed for 2 reg. season gms no starts. Mikell is a rookie UDFA.

Safety was first Countess/Christian both fighting to move into Cody Davis position of last season. Neither bring a total package with both entering their 3rd seasons having issues in coverage & wrapping up to tackle last night. Behind them Rams showcased five rookie UDFA's. Of the five Ramon Richards & Nate Holley had the better performances.
I'm going to chill a little on Marqui, because he got called for a couple early penalties, could have thrown his game off. And I'll give Hill a flyer, but he was pretty bad, from coverage to missing tackles. He did play very well at the end of the year, so I hope he bounces back. I like Ramon Richards, looking forward to seeing more of him.