Let's calm down a bit, boys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Seemed like the rookie OL outplayed the back up veterans like,Williams, Lucas, Blythe, and Neary.

Noteboom looked solid and just smooth in his movement's. Allen was solid and Demby moved well I thought.
I have had enough of Williams. Cut him before he gets a QB hurt. Lucas was fairly crappy too.

Noteboom I thought did an excellent job opening holes in the run game but did miss some blocks in the passing game that I could see. Since the Baltimore telecast almost never replayed a Rams play (unless Baltimore got a sack), it was hard to tell who did their job and didn't do their job on offense.

I said it earlier but I have never seen such homerism in a game before. It was ridiculous that the announcers almost never stated what Ram made a tackle reception dropped pass miss tackle etc. The only Ram names I heard were Mannion Allen Davis Kelly and JoJo. I did not hear any other name ever stated.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I've not said anything over the past few years. But now? I just can't remain silent. Tonight's game was bad. Yeah... one's against two's...it's only the first preseason game.....blah blah blah..

What concerns me is our back up QB. His mechanics, vision, and pocket presence are atrocious. I don't really watch college football. So I really can't speak to his college career. What I've seen over the past 3 preseason's, and the whiners game last year, I'm really not impressed and worried for us if Goff were to be sidelined.

Over the past preseasons...while playing against 2's and 3's he has been really lack luster. Excuses are... he's working with OL, WR, RB 2's. Granted...but...he's also facing 2nd and 3rd D's. When it's all said and done I just don't see him as a viable #2 QB for a SB contender.

If we really want to be a contender.... we need a #2 that can succeed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since the Baltimore telecast almost never replayed a Rams play (unless Baltimore got a sack), it was hard to tell who did their job and didn't do their job on offense.

I said it earlier but I have never seen such homerism in a game before. It was ridiculous that the announcers almost never stated what Ram made a tackle reception dropped pass miss tackle etc. The only Ram names I heard were Mannion Allen Davis Kelly and JoJo. I did not hear any other name ever stated.

it was so irritating. made the game unwatchable for me so i stopped at halftime.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I was streaming in hd with siciliano, burleson and shrager and they weren't raven-biased at all. siceliano is a Ram guy anyway and the other 2 were liking when the Rams made plays, which were few. They were all pretty even on both teams. Though if I ever rewatched it (doubtful) it would be the 4th quarter only.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I would really like to give Goff a drive next week, then let Mannion play the rest of the 1st quarter with most of the starters. I have no idea what we have in that dude, but his stat sheet today was disgusting.

The Ramowl

Starter
DkM3V_7U0AEITet.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wade's starting DL last night consisted mostly of :

5 tech/DE- Chunky Clements who started for Micheal Brockers & back up Rookie John Franklin, Clements has never started an NFL gm has only suited up for 2 gms as a Texan previously & has been signed six times & waived five time =WWC!
NT-Omarius Bryant & Rookie Sebastian Joseph-Day started for All Pro Suh & Ethan Westbrooks. Bryant has yet to dress for an NFL gm & was a UDFA in 2017. Day was our 6th rd draft pick & had some real nice plays mixed in with some mistakes.
3-tech/DT-Tanzel Smart & Rookie McKay Murphy started for Aaron Donald & Dom Easley. 2nd yr Smart did not hold up well & neither did UDFA Murphy.

Positive Nugget: In the 1st half Wade inserted last yrs starting NT Ethan Westbrooks in for a half dozen snaps he got two sacks on QB Jackson!

Real world conclusion here is that its highly likely that our DL cadre will be entirely different when the regular season starts with a probable unit looking close to the below with a ton of switching & rotations of different positions:

5-Tech- Brockers/ Franklin
NT- Suh/ Westbrooks/ Joseph-Day
3-Tech- Donald/ Easley

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have had enough of Williams. Cut him before he gets a QB hurt. Lucas was fairly crappy too.

Noteboom I thought did an excellent job opening holes in the run game but did miss some blocks in the passing game that I could see. Since the Baltimore telecast almost never replayed a Rams play (unless Baltimore got a sack), it was hard to tell who did their job and didn't do their job on offense.

Seemed like the rookie OL outplayed the back up veterans like,Williams, Lucas, Blythe, and Neary.

Noteboom looked solid and just smooth in his movement's. Allen was solid and Demby moved well I thought.

I agree with both of you. The issue can Kromer take a chance going into regular season with his only OT reserves both being rookies? That would leave Austin Blythe OC/OG as our most experienced reserve OL'er with only 2 yrs of experience with 24 NFL gms & only 2 starts.

My current thoughts on the 5 reserves on the OL with be:
Blythe OC/OG-2 ys
Neary OC/OG- 2 ys
Noteboom OT-R
AllenOC/OG-R
Demby OT/OG R

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Cleveland Browns are in the midst of a 5 game winning streak in Pre-Season.
THAT is how important pre season is....

That said,
1) I thought we ran the ball pretty well last night
2) Sean Mannion Lol

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I've never been a Mannion basher. I actually thought he could be a decent fill-in QB. But I'm beginning to lose faith that he's able to offer much on the field as a player. Allen outplayed him flat-out.

Why wasnt Luis Perez playing? Is he just a camp body? Not competing for a backup job?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Why wasnt Luis Perez playing? Is he just a camp body? Not competing for a backup job?

I suspect McVay wanted to get Allen reps for that competition for #2. Had Mannion played well I suspect we might have seen him pulled quicker and Perez would have gotten some snaps.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The Ravens came into that game as prepared as possible to win it. Even tho it was preseason you can see a little bit of game planning on the Ravens side of the ball. In addition the Rams beat up on the Ravens all week during our joint practices so I think our staff was ok with sitting all our starters. I don't really see the point of trying to pick apart a preseason game. That game was purely the Rams coaches trying to figure out who's going to fill in at DT and LB during the season.

It was clear to me Hagar is the guy who should be starting at MLB. He was always around the ball and shedding blocks against that first Team Offense without our First string Defense being out there.
Ebu looks undersized and outmatched. I watched him get manhandled a couple times by their LT's first and second string. I just don't think he's going to be our guy long term. He's going to be a serviceable back up. But I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The Ravens came into that game as prepared as possible to win it. Even tho it was preseason you can see a little bit of game planning on the Ravens side of the ball. In addition the Rams beat up on the Ravens all week during our joint practices so I think our staff was ok with sitting all our starters. I don't really see the point of trying to pick apart a preseason game. That game was purely the Rams coaches trying to figure out who's going to fill in at DT and LB during the season.

It was clear to me Hagar is the guy who should be starting at MLB. He was always around the ball and shedding blocks against that first Team Offense without our First string Defense being out there.
Obo looks undersized and outmatched. I watched him get manhandled a couple times by their LT's first and second string. I just don't think he's going to be our guy long term. He's going to be a serviceable back up. But I hope I'm wrong.
Obo?
I have to disagree with Hager being one of our starters.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Obo?
I have to disagree with Hager being one of our starters.
Yeah i already corrected myself I was speaking of Ebu, i get those dudes confused

I also want to see Hagar with the 1's not the 2's. That Dline was downright awful against their 1s. Hopefully we stay healthy all year with our guys.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Obo looks undersized and outmatched. I watched him get manhandled a couple times by their LT's first and second string. I just don't think he's going to be our guy long term. He's going to be a serviceable back up. But I hope I'm wrong.
Can’t have been Obo he’s on the pup list.